Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
She's not going to be out and about spreading her legs. She wants 1 man. And she's hoping he'll be the one who does love her.

I think this thread shows that a lot of people are somewhat unhappy in their relationships and have tried to get Mir to stop wanting to be coupled, because they think it will be to her detriment once she finds somebody. While Mir realizes that having a man while she's still young, is more healthy than finding her long lost love when she reaches 60 and is too weak to even have sex. Either way, I don't have a solution for her, since both sides are probably right. Mir has an idealistic view of finding love that's forever, while others realize that love might not last forever, in such a way.
It has nothing to do with being happy or unhappy. Some happily married people had given her advice too....Detriment? I don't think anyone suggested that at all. What was implied is that she Cannot rely on someone else to provide happiness for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,878,100 times
Happiness does begin with ones self... Just my opinion now.. but it seems most women are lead to believe they have to have a mate in their lives to be complete and some come on very desperate to men and make the man run the other way.

I enjoy my work, my friends, a good book, painting, drawing, my family, my cats.. etc... enjoy being with yourself... enjoy what nature and life has to offer you... not having a mate is not the end of the world... in fact it is great enjoying things I love to do and having "me" time... when you smile and are happy with your own self and life that someone will notice and want to share it.. for me... if not... no big deal

Old 08-25-2011, 02:34 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
What was implied is that she Cannot rely on someone else to provide happiness for her.

That is probably an ideal state of mind. But the world is inter-connected. We don't live our lives in isolation, so to an extent some happiness does have to come from others. Would you feel the same if your son wasn't a part of your life? Your husband, your best friend? If you were by yourself all the time with only your friends for entertainment and pleasure and comfort. That would really get old quick. A mate does provide comfort when a person is sick, is there to help out in the hardest of times, is a stress reliever, and offers loyalty when your friends might turn their back. A mate is more valuable than her bunch of friends. This is my opinion, maybe you or her don't feel that way, and that is okay.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
That is probably an ideal state of mind. But the world is inter-connected. We don't live our lives in isolation, so to an extent some happiness does have to come from others. Would you feel the same if your son wasn't a part of your life? Your husband, your best friend? If you were by yourself all the time with only your friends for entertainment and pleasure and comfort. That would really get old quick. A mate does provide comfort when a person is sick, is there to help out in the hardest of times, is a stress reliever, and offers loyalty when your friends might turn their back. A mate is more valuable than her bunch of friends. This is my opinion, maybe you or her don't feel that way, and that is okay.
Temptation, I'm not saying that she shouldn't want to be with someone. I'm not saying that her desires of finding a partner is somehow unnatural, selfish or wrong. It seems that you have taken some posts out of context. Obviously I agree with you that a mate provides all those wonderful things, how could I not, I HAVE been married for almost 10 years. However, you cannot rely on someone else to be happy and quite honestly I don't think Mir relies on someone else to be happy anyway.
I also believe that eventually she will find that special someone, in the MEAN TIME, there is still so much to life to explore and enjoy, and that is the ONLY WAY to cope with feelings of loneliness and I think Mir agrees with me here.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:12 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
Quote:
..... is more healthy than finding her long lost love when she reaches 60 and is too weak to even have sex.
Tempt, Tempt, Tempt, lol you are aware that us pathetic old people still have sex right? Wait, don't vomit girl, its not as icky as it sounds!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Temptation, I'm not saying that she shouldn't want to be with someone. I'm not saying that her desires of finding a partner is somehow unnatural, selfish or wrong. It seems that you have taken some posts out of context. Obviously I agree with you that a mate provides all those wonderful things, how could I not, I HAVE been married for almost 10 years. However, you cannot rely on someone else to be happy and quite honestly I don't think Mir relies on someone else to be happy anyway.
I also believe that eventually she will find that special someone, in the MEAN TIME, there is still so much to life to explore and enjoy, and that is the ONLY WAY to cope with feelings of loneliness and I think Mir agrees with me here.
So what you're saying is that Mir is a strong woman with a whole life ahead of her full of adventures and there are a dozen different roads that she can take, and you know she will be alright in the end. She doesn't need a man holding her back from all the things she can become.

Okay, got it.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Tempt, Tempt, Tempt, lol you are aware that us pathetic old people still have sex right? Wait, don't vomit girl, its not as icky as it sounds!

You're 60?!?

Okay, then I should raise that age, because there are some young 60 year olds on this forum who definetely don't look weak, or old.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:30 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
No, I'm 49 but I know that sounds downright dinosaurish to you!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
No, I'm 49 but I know that sounds downright dinosaurish to you!

I'm 32, not that young, myself. Actually one of my exes would be your age this year. He still has at least 30 more good years.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
So what you're saying is that Mir is a strong woman with a whole life ahead of her full of adventures and there are a dozen different roads that she can take, and you know she will be alright in the end. She doesn't need a man holding her back from all the things she can become.

Okay, got it.
You said it well girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships