Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:39 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,592,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I never seen asian people actually living in black areas yet they have no problem taking our money though.

I'm black and I don't want to live in black neighborhoods because they are often too dangerous and poorly taken care of. Also, look at any famous black person, do they stay in the hood with there people? From Dr Dre the rapper all the way to the NFL/NBA athletes they MOVE OUT.

As far as Asians taking Africans money, it's not true. African Americans make the choice to do business with them instead of forming their OWN businesses and serving each other. Asians are simply doing what Africans refuse to learn how to do for themselves. As a matter of fact do you know that less then 2% of African Americans are in business for themselves!!

Quote:
Asian people love to live around white people, not being racist just stating facts.
Asians tend to live with other ASIANS in all Asian communities where they can insulate themselves and do business with each other (i.e, Diamond Bar California); these communities are usually adjacent to European neighborhoods. Hispanics and Europeans from, say, Ukraine or Romania do the same thing.

Last edited by calicali01; 10-23-2011 at 09:48 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,689,127 times
Asians come to this country don't speak our language and do not fit our American standard of beauty...yet they succeed at a rate higher than those that do not have those two handicaps! Why? Because they value education and are willing to work twice as hard as anybody else!!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:56 PM

140 posts, read 121,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

Lastly, just because you don't drink, visit clubs, or have sex mean that you're a more moral person than somebody else because it has little to do with moralism. In fact, drinking, sex even if your not married, and a few laughs in a night club is just fine IN MODERATION.
Please continue doing whatever your little heart desires. Just know that I have absolutely no interest in your personal affairs.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,743,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If you want to play 'tit for tat' many black people are pretty racist towards Asians. It seems semi-acceptable for them to call Asians all kinds of names, make fun of them.etc - i.e. it's more acceptable for blacks to be racist to everyone else because of what happened to them. Two can play at that game.

Of course I'm intelligent enough to know they are a minority, unlike some.
Well since not a lot of black women are in not professional possessions (apprently) they may feel somewhat intimated by her. Perhaps they were expecting a stereotypical black women who has an "attitude", is loud, rude, etc.

I highly doubt that the op has hygiene issues why would a professional company hire someone who is a hot mess? As I said it just boils down to race and stereotypes. Maybe the op should live in a professional BLACK city like Atlanta or DC.

And yes we all know black people can be racist...

Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Geez. Maybe its because your breath stinks or you have dandruff. Here you are all going off on a tangent about people reacting "negatively" to you thinking its because you are a strong black woman and actually its just because you have b.o. LOL.

Maybe when you walk into the office, you should have that neck and head side-to-side thing going on and clap and shake all over like youre going to fall down if someone says something funny, then say "Holla" and "Y'all be trippin" or talk about your "swag" or something. You think they would react to you more favorably then?
I have never described myself as a 'strong' black woman and for the record, I have excellent hygiene.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Well since not a lot of black women are in not professional possessions (apprently) they may feel somewhat intimated by her. Perhaps they were expecting a stereotypical black women who has an "attitude", is loud, rude, etc.

I highly doubt that the op has hygiene issues why would a professional company hire someone who is a hot mess? As I said it just boils down to race and stereotypes. Maybe the op should live in a professional BLACK city like Atlanta or DC.

And yes we all know black people can be racist...
I reside in Arlington and work in DC, but I travel quite frequently for work related purposes.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,041,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I have never described myself as a 'strong' black woman and for the record, I have excellent hygiene.
You are such a troll. If you were not, you would have gotten the point I was making with my post. I doubt very very much that you are the "educated", "conservative" woman you claim to be here. If you were indeed educated, you would make an effort to participate in educated type conversation and discussion, but instead, you miss the point that some make and choose to argue points that should be ignored. Troll. The educated professional confident conservative black women I know feel no need to start threads on board like this asking others "why am I perceived so negatively?". Troll.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,511,790 times
It's 2011, the president is black. It's not such a stretch to believe that there's plenty of professional well educated well groomed black people who have decorum in the United States.

I think after reading the comments on this thread the issue probably lies with you. If you think you're so unique in the world of blacks that people are taking time out of their day to be jealous of you or distracted by you because you're well dressed, conservative, well groomed, educated, etc. that tells me that you're the one with the problem. Maybe it's because that's what you want to believe, because that's what you've been told - that you're an oddity and will have a difficult time being accepted because people in general are used to the black stereotype.

That's really unfortunate. You're young, I think you need to take some time to reevaluate how you feel in your own skin, if you're not comfortable when you walk into a room that's going to translate to people around you. Knock the chip off your shoulder.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 PM

22,695 posts, read 24,741,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I travel a lot for work. I was just in the bay area. While there, I noticed quite a number of people took double looks...

I believe people can pick up on the fact that I'm rather conservative, based on my attire and overall mannerisms.
Well, myself being a rather weird/dumpy American..........who gets a lot of strange looks............I say embrace and enjoy it.............cracks me up acutally..............."hey, there is that weirdo".

Old 10-23-2011, 11:19 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,124,645 times
Lisa,

You ask why are you perceived so negatively. I suspect that is more your opinion than actual fact. You go on to say "people tend to usually react in a negative fashion towards me", what makes you think that, do you even know what reacting in a negative fashion really is? Several statements made by you in your post make me think you have a mighty high opinion of yourself. The fact that "people have told you you look 10 -13 years younger than your age", you should know that people sometimes say things like that just to make you feel good, not because it is true. You state more than once that you take pride in your appearance, I say, good for you, many people do that. If people actually mistake you for an 18 year old, it is probably because of your personality, not your looks, many people act younger than their age. You say " I've noticed that other women in their late 20's/ early 30's (particularly white women) often look closer to 40 something", I don't know what magazines you have been reading, or where you might have picked up these strange ideas, but personally, I thing you are having pipe dreams. You have no idea what other people think about conservative black women or liberal black women. I've come to the conclusion you just think too much. Try getting up on the other side of the bed in the morning and see if that helps your outlook on life, you need to do something to change it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships