Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,163,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm just calling it as I see it. But yes, that is exactly what I'm doing in this thread.

These men do not end up wondering what's wrong with them. This thread clearly shows that. And yes, imo the irrational nature of these men is at the heart of their rejection. The OP just 10 posts ago, in a different thread, was stating how he's a single by choice guy. He's loving his life. One week later he's so desperate for a wife he's going to order one. He claims American women are too picky because he's a good catch guy with his shyte together. Then we find out he's a 45 year old man with a breathalyzer in his car. Cockamamie.

Beyond the OP, as I mentioned posts ago, we have men that want subservient women who will not be financial burdens. Cockamamie.

Just recently it's ok for men to charge a woman's femininity, but it's not ok for women to charge men's masculinity. Cockamamie.

The reality is that there are a lot of men to choose from out there, a lot of great men. For single, beautiful, intelligent women with their shyte together there is no reason to entertain the type of irrational worldviews presented in this thread.
Not surprising, most feminist nutjobs are very host hostile.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:10 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

If you choose, PM me and I will read their posting histories. I am aware of a group of about 5 members who probably fit what you're referring to.
Maybe later. I've had my fill of PMing lately, to be honest.

Quote:
I am aware of this double standard you refer to. If that is their belief, I disagree with it completely since I'm against any double standards and prefer true gender equality over the idealized 1950s gender roles. I don't want women to have less freedom, and I don't want men to be the only gender required to support the family financially.

However, let's accept the premise that you're right about their aims and put it to the side for the moment:

Have you also considered the possibility that one can argue for a return to a society of "traditional women", yet also debate "if we MUST (involuntarily) live in a society without traditional women, can we at least make things truly equal between the genders in social situations as well?" That's what I read between the lines in these arguments that seem contradictory at face value.
The bolded is irrational to start. Do we want to argue for the removal of civil rights? Do you? I'll guess no on that. To the second part of the argument, it already exists, but it's actualized via individual choices. Our society holds a social gamut. There are so many styles of people to choose from, so many MOs. Now, clearly many of you are unaware of this, but is it really anybody's problem? You seem to think so, but I disagree. Not my problem.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:12 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,245,909 times
LOL @ the Brad Pitt references here. He's no longer "the standard.". Today's prize catch would be Yao Ming (he's 7 foot 6).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-30-2011, 08:14 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Not surprising, most feminist nutjobs are very host hostile.
My feminism has nothing to do with your, or anyone's, inability to reason.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,685,867 times
Lightbulb Okay...The Captain Weighs In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well this isn't the result I expected from posting this news. It seems a lot of women are insulted and taking it personally that someone would dare go outside of the Country to find a wife. Instead of me looking in the mirror and finding my supposed faults, I think thats great advice for all the women posting in this thread and American women in general.

All of you walk around expecting a date with Brad Pitt to come along and when it doesn't you end up with an abusive husband, someone who cheats on you or worse. Meanwhile you've rejected me, someone who has their proverbial stuff together. Me thinks there is something foul in Denmark here.
First of all, you got the wheels in motion, being the OP, with your musings about finding a mail order bride...now, if you had had concrete reasons for this, it would have been a wash, and I have no doubt that a lot fo folk here would have wished you well, maybe me included...

But then, you launched into a tirade that has spawned several lengthy, contentious threads in the past---the idea that American/Western women are 'gold-digging, ball-breaking, materialistic, superficial princesses with a vast and undeserved entitlement complex'---simply due to the fact that none of them you encountered wanted to date you and your allegedly together self...I say bullsnot...

How about...hmmmm---getting your radar fixed so that you stop running into those types that reject you at every turn? Or doing a bit of self-examination after said rejections---i.e. trying to break down what you may have done or said wrong (I know, I know---some of you out there have said that some women are 'smug' and think the problem is NEVER with them...wrong---some women do have the guts to say they may have messed up...see it here all the time, so THAT theory is junk)

The thing that annoys me the most, however, is the constant and repetitive WHINING about the thing...let me blow up another of your carefully held myths---that all women want Brad Pitt...been married to my wonderful Western-American wife for 5 yrs, together 8 total, and I can say without shame that I sure as HELL ain't Brad Pitt...thing is, I brought something to the table, that attracted and kept her attention...things called character, integrity, personality, intelligence---y'know all that stuff that sometimes can make up for physical and superficial shortcomings

So I say without sarcasm, but with honesty...if you are so convinced that American women aren't for you, then cut your losses, hit the websites, or read catalogs, or whatever...get on the next thing smoking and set sail or fly to that land of milk and honey, where you can lay around in your boxers and have your allegedly subservient wifey come running when you bellow 'bring me a freakin' beer, and worship my not-Brad-Pitt a** totally!'

Becasue it's apparent, son, that you may NOT have your s**t together as you so famously trumpet here, and you got called out by a woman or women who weren't having it, and now they're all daughters of the devil...in other words, you came in like Green Day singing 'do you have the time, to listen to me whine?!' and they said basically 'get to steppin'!'...end of narrative

Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,891,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Freedom you're totally proving my point...you're basically saying a guy like me should settle for an American woman I'm not attracted to...just because they all want to date up and want a guy that makes a boatload of money. Tell me exactly "why" I shouldn't go foreign again?
Good morning,

If you want to go foreign, that's your choice. I said in the post you quoted that it wasn't DESIRABLE to date slightly overweight (yet attractive) women and single mothers (but not low class ones). I believe it should be a 2nd to last resort before going foreign because of the costs, scams, and cultural issues involved with marrying a woman from a foreign country and bringing her here. If that's not a hurdle for you, by all means do it.

I also said that many men who consider going foreign aren't having luck with these women anyway, so it's all moot.

Finally, I wasn't suggesting these men date low class overweight and single mothers, I should have differentiated in my previous post. I think men who aren't low class should avoid marrying women who have low class values. (not to be confused with low income, yet better values women)

Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim46741974 View Post
Fair enough Atlguy. You should be with someone you're attracted to, but you have to allow for the possibility that what you're attracted to isn't attracted to you. You want a woman that's attractive; are you attractive? One of my rules is that you have to make sure you bring something comparable to the table in response to what you demand. Hold up a photo of someone you want and look in the mirror and ask yourself if this match makes any sense. You want a pretty brunette in good shape (I assume) but are you in good shape? Are you reasonably attractive compared to what you want? A lot of guys assume that they're "nice" and have a decent job and that's all women want, but women want someone they're attracted to also. If you're getting a quick peck on the cheek at then end of dinned she's not attracted to you; I've been there. You're not entitled to more simply because you bought dinner; it's all about finding someone you click with. Maybe don't spend so much finding out if you click? Go out for coffee and see if there's anything there. And for God sakes, get over your ex. If you wasted years of your life on the wrong woman, own that choice and don't bring that baggage into the next relationship. Both men and women can smell someone that still upset about the ex and nobody wants to deal with that. We all make mistakes; live in the here and now and give each possibility a real chance. Just trying to help.
Kim, this is great advice, especially the self-examination / personal responsibility aspects.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No, you're not listening to all the men here, it's now NOT players and bad boys, it's MONEY.

No, wait..... it's social status....

Hold, now it's guys with a sense of humor...

Can all the those in the "All American Women Club" please have a meeting and come up with a cohesive Mission Statement.

We don't care, but it'll give y'all something to do.
Money is a substitute / equalizer for those who don't have natural qualities that attract certain segments of women. Bad boys, players, and social status holders don't always need money because they portray qualities that are naturally appealing to enough women.

Example: The lifelong nerd can't get any interest from women, but he starts up a tech company and becomes rich. Now women of various backgrounds are attracted to him because of his financial success, even non-golddiggers who simply want financial stability in a future husband.

Does that make sense?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
She is correct, the higher the education the more likely you are to be married in todays day and age.
Both of you are missing my point. The majority of people in America aren't highly educated, so singling out one group does not automatically negate the 40-50 year downward trend in the marriage rate for the general population.

Even if you guys are correct, that doesn't negate my point.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
The men in this thread aren't dating anyone. What are you talking about?
I didn't say they were. I said "the women they AREN'T dating". Maybe my phrasing was the issue.

My point is: From what I've seen, one group blames American women for the reasons why they can't get a date, the other group doesn't blame the women and simply seeks practical solutions, including foreign women.

The 2nd group's reasons are varied, some simply blame society in general, some blame men, some blame the media, some blame feminism, while viewing women as simply bystanders who are influenced by those.

I'm getting in the weeds here, but you asked so I explained my post.

Quote:
I have seen no charts from you. Further, willfully ignoring groups is a fruitless approach, be it income, education, culture, religion. It renders zero understanding into why and how changes occur in populations, regardless of what we're looking at (i.e.,marriage rates, disease and health, etc.).
Quick search referencing Census info with a chart, I didn't feel like digging deeper to get the primary source: U.S. marriage rate at a record low - USATODAY.com

Notice the straight downward trend for the general population since 1960, even through economic boom times of the '80s, '90s, and 2000s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships