Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,487,957 times

Advertisements

You have to be young enough to be numb at what a horrible experience it is. No sane adult can raise children after about age 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
You have to be young enough to be numb at what a horrible experience it is. No sane adult can raise children after about age 30.
Call me insane! I had my first child at 29, second at 34, and was widowed at 37 (my kids were 2 and 7). Granted, parenting is NOT for sissies (neither is single parenting!), but I loved being a Mom and can't imagine how different my life would be had I not had my sons.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
I think early to mid-30's. I agree no later than 35, but it sort of depends on how healthy a woman is. The risk of problems is higher after 35, but modern medicine allows women to concieve much later than that. So actually, I'd think 40 is a good cut off. I'm 43 and still want kids, but my issue now is that women in their late 20's-early 30's aren't looking at me, despite being in shape and having all my hair. Its really frustrating. So I may have to let go of having children, which is sad for me.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Call me insane! I had my first child at 29, second at 34, and was widowed at 37 (my kids were 2 and 7). Granted, parenting is NOT for sissies (neither is single parenting!), but I loved being a Mom and can't imagine how different my life would be had I not had my sons.
Yeah totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I think early to mid-30's. I agree no later than 35, but it sort of depends on how healthy a woman is. The risk of problems is higher after 35, but modern medicine allows women to concieve much later than that. So actually, I'd think 40 is a good cut off. I'm 43 and still want kids, but my issue now is that women in their late 20's-early 30's aren't looking at me, despite being in shape and having all my hair. Its really frustrating. So I may have to let go of having children, which is sad for me.
Although it's not the most ideal age, most people know at least one woman who's had a child at or around 40 yo. I know 3 actually, one of which it was her first child and she was so excited and happy to have one. The father of the child is about 4 years older than her.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:59 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,161,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
NO, you do not have married to have children....

So true, it appears as though the new trend is to have/raise them in a single house hold ... At least that is what statistics report- people are more into their careers than they are married/staying married, and/or same-sex partnerships ... In Hollywood- you get pregnant first, then get married, if at all ... And, in impoverish neighborhoods you have them, and if you don't want them, you dump in a dumpster or kill them ... This is probably everywhere, but it seems the news likes to target the poor as unfit moreso.

We live in a very tough, challenging world today- call me what you want, hand me my butt on a platter, but I wouldn't want kids in today's world ... Maybe it's the NorthEast~ a very material, shallow, greedy, out-for-me social surroundings, you could do everything right, and society is just so tough ... look at all the kids bullied and take their own lives today ... Send your kid for an education, and they come home crying they can't be liked, accepted, or make friends ....

Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
So true, it appears as though the new trend is to have/raise them in a single house hold ... At least that is what statistics report- people are more into their careers than they are married/staying married, and/or same-sex partnerships ... In Hollywood- you get pregnant first, then get married, if at all ... And, in impoverish neighborhoods you have them, and if you don't want them, you dump in a dumpster or kill them ... This is probably everywhere, but it seems the news likes to target the poor as unfit moreso.

We live in a very tough, challenging world today- call me what you want, hand me my butt on a platter, but I wouldn't want kids in today's world ... Maybe it's the NorthEast~ a very material, shallow, greedy, out-for-me social surroundings, you could do everything right, and society is just so tough ... look at all the kids bullied and take their own lives today ... Send your kid for an education, and they come home crying they can't be liked, accepted, or make friends ....

I have seen this attitude before. The "I don't want to bring kids into this horrible world" mentality but things are really not that bad. Of course it's always your choice to remain childless but my point is that the world is really not that bad.

And I would not suggest anyone deliberately seek to be a single parent unless they are OLD and time is running out yet they still really want kids and having a relationship with someone the opposite sex is not happening. Kids do best with two loving parents in the home.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Just throwing age numbers out there is baseless. Take this husband's thread on Parenting who just had a baby at the "perfect" (as expressed averagely on this thread) age of 30:

//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...y-balance.html

Look how your outlook changes profoundly. Would one want to have these kind of profound change at 20? Or would one want these profound changes at 45 and more established? The bottom line - it doesn't matter when you have kids, it is going to deeply affect your whole life nevertheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships