Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 PM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
No, you said, you married your man for LOVE and that's all he wanted in return.

My point was that if you truly did marry your man for love, you were not really all that attractve enough to capture a higher status man. You basically got the best man that you could attract which is what most women do being that women practice hypergamy.

The fact that you're now beating around the bush in regards to his income tells me that I'm somewhat right and that you're honest to some degree because you did not lie and just say he was a lawyer or something.
Are you kidding me?

Old 01-14-2012, 05:35 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,299,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Wait, let me guess: A "catch" is only someone who makes more money than you do. Going with anyone else is "settling."

Ever notice how it's the people who can't string enough dates together to form a relationship who spew the most presumptuous b.s. as though they were authorities on things they have absolutely no experience with?
I married a man who was born into money and I come from a dirt poor welfare background. There was no financial gain in marrying me. Now however I do work and I have a college degree but even if I was at the top of my field I still couldn't come close to what He makes.

However that doesn't mean that I don't make up for that in other areas.

I don't think money is the sole reasoning behind labelling someone as a catch or not. Especially since bad things happen even to rich folks. Just look at what has happened since the economy tanked.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,215,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well I'm pretty run down from so much traveling. Safe to say I will not be looking forward to another harrowing flight to Bangkok but I am definatley going back!

There was a lot that went on but let me just give you some of the highlights?

I went there to meet a handful of Thai ladies that were open to the idea of marrying a western man. I figured if American gals don't appreciate a stable professional man than maybe a foreign one would!

Before I met with these ladies I set out to a few spots in Bangkok my buddy suggested. Well let me just say the American bar experience has NOTHING on the Thai bar universe!! I received plenty of attention and ego stroking from the moment I walked in , beautiful young girls not only smiling and making eye contact with me but walking straight up and starting a conversation. Well as best they could with their limited english skills but we got along great! I consumed plenty of cheap great beer and talked with several girls and lets just say I had a great couple of nights!!
This was exactly what I needed and boosted my confidence levels, I felt renewed and wore a smile on my face 24/7!

When it came time meet my prospective brides we sat and talked at a pre arranged time and place. I hit it off with one gal and she agreed to take me around and be my personal tour guide. We saw a lot of amazing sights and she helped me out with buying souveniours without being ripped off. I tell ya being a westerner in Bangkok you get lots of attention from shop keeps! But anyway, we spent some quality time together she is sweet and innocent and has a 12 year old daughter living elsewhere with relatives. We didn't have a lot of time to get acquainted but we are keeping in touch and I plan on returning as soon as I get more vacation time! I'm optimistic about our future.

In conclusion I have to say never having traveled abroad before that women in Asia have a COMPLETELY different set of priorities than American gals. They are approachable , transparent, very easy on the eyes, do not play games - I am sold on the idea of marrying a Thai woman and only regret that I did not think of this 15 years ago!
Dude stop with the crap. You're trolling, you knew this thread was going to go 20+ pages. The moderators should lock this already.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Not that I'm avoiding your question but the problem is not that men don't make enough money in this country, but the fact that Western women are never satisfied with what American men make. 30k, 100k, 300k, 50 million, hell, it does not matter because women are always looking for the better deal which is backed up by the divorce statistics that state that you girls initiate divorce more so then men.

Women Initiate Divorce 66% of The Time: Why Do They Want To Get Married? | Love + Sex - Yahoo! Shine

Men don't view women in this cold calculating way. Men don't go around like women looking for their "equals" or women of high status.

As a man I want to be in the company of a healthy, attractive, young woman who has a kind heart and is sweet. That's it. Simple.
Every income set has its own set of problems. I am certainly happy with what I make and what my Husband makes. I guess I appreciate it more because of what little means I came from. I try to work hard and do my best. That doesn't make me less of a catch. My Husband insists that He pay for everything too as part of our relationship. Does this make our relationship in anyway less based on love? He could have had his pick of women but He picked me because He loves me and I love Him because Lord knows it wasn't the money He married me for!

Men do go looking for women of higher status. They just have a different view of what 'status' means to them. For women status generally means occupation and money. For men status usually means how hot they find the woman and how well she satisfies him. Either way it is still a superficial way to go about things and it still doesn't truly qualify anyone as a catch if they have any of those things.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,215,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No, people in USA are generally pretty happy and the people who are unhappy in a world with the highest standard of living are making themselves unhappy by trying to find everything negative about their life.

The "underground internet world" is a bunch of unhappy losers who just want to ***** about how their problems are everyone else's fault because they are too lazy/weak to fix their own lives.
You must not follow politics.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:41 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I married a man who was born into money and I come from a dirt poor welfare background. There was no financial gain in marrying me. .
MOST men marry DOWN the social ladder.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
I see where this thread is headed. Only a matter of time

Quote:
MOST men marry DOWN the social ladder.
Statistics to prove that assumption?

2,732 posts, read 3,587,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Every income set has its own set of problems. I am certainly happy with what I make and what my Husband makes. I guess I appreciate it more because of what little means I came from. I try to work hard and do my best. That doesn't make me less of a catch. My Husband insists that He pay for everything too as part of our relationship. Does this make our relationship in anyway less based on love? He could have had his pick of women but He picked me because He loves me and I love Him because Lord knows it wasn't the money He married me for!

Men do go looking for women of higher status. They just have a different view of what 'status' means to them. For women status generally means occupation and money. For men status usually means how hot they find the woman and how well she satisfies him. Either way it is still a superficial way to go about things and it still doesn't truly qualify anyone as a catch if they have any of those things.
Your points are noted.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You must not follow politics.

I'm talking about living in their daily lives. I don't like anything about Obama, but would I let that ruin my life? Heck no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships