Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 07:35 PM

491 posts, read 571,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Interesting answer.....

The only time I would agree would be at birth.... I don't see the need for it when the kids are older..... that was the crux of my argument....... the devastation wouldn't be worth it......

At birth isn't great either, but if it helps curb nefarious activities on the parents side... IDK...
Yes it would make more sense in the beginning, but better late than never. The devastation wouldn't exist if she didn't cheat. She shouldn't be rewarded for cheating and the men shouldn't be rewarded for impregnated another man's woman.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:03 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,632,283 times
Quote:
Just curious, why is it extremely important.... no one in this thread has made a compelling reason as to why one should paternity test... I've already stated that I don't see the purpose in it.... I mean if the kid isn't biologically the husbands, what next... ship the kid off to the sperm donor?? what real good is gonna come out it.
1. a father has the right of peace of mind and child has the right to know who their biological parents are, for thier own mental well-being as well.
2. the child should have definite family history for medical purposes, establishing who their biological parents are is thus crucial
3. future DNA database will probably mandate taking DNA samples of any citizen anyways and use it for various identification purposes.
4. it avoids all the future traumas in cases of mistaken paternity or outright paternity frauds, which is beneficial for everyone. Everyone is the victim in there, especially the cuckolded father.

List can be continued but you just won't even think that medical purpose is relevant to have the child establish definitive paternity. Not anything else to be mentioned.

On top of all, why would anyone even bring themselves in a situation that can result with paternity fraud? To avoid shipping the kid to the "sperm donor"? That sounds very reasonable. Paternity test should be done early on so that no trouble even occurs later on. Biology matters and it's a multi-billion dollar industry if you didn't know. Not that the adoption is bad, far from it. But we need to be realistic on how the world goes.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
1. a father has the right of peace of mind and child has the right to know who their biological parents are, for thier own mental well-being as well.
2. the child should have definite family history for medical purposes, establishing who their biological parents are is thus crucial
3. future DNA database will probably mandate taking DNA samples of any citizen anyways and use it for various identification purposes.
4. it avoids all the future traumas in cases of mistaken paternity or outright paternity frauds, which is beneficial for everyone. Everyone is the victim in there, especially the cuckolded father.

List can be continued but you just won't even think that medical purpose is relevant to have the child establish definitive paternity. Not anything else to be mentioned.

On top of all, why would anyone even bring themselves in a situation that can result with paternity fraud? To avoid shipping the kid to the "sperm donor"? That sounds very reasonable. Paternity test should be done early on so that no trouble even occurs later on. Biology matters and it's a multi-billion dollar industry if you didn't know. Not that the adoption is bad, far from it. But we need to be realistic on how the world goes.
Raennas list was good... yours... meh........ 1 is BS, 2, so what, you can find out by wife talking to sperm donor..... 3... scary.... 4 doesn't make any sense unless paternity was contested and 99 percent of the time the outside sperm donor doesn't get any parental rights anyway.... the victim is the child... not the cuckolded father... he' is a victim too, but the child is the true victim in the sense that he didn't have any control over any of the mess.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:15 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,314,721 times
If there is even the slightest doubt the child is NOT yours your marriage has some serious problems that a DNA test will only make worse.

It is BEST for all concerned go get the test THEN file for divorce because your marriage is OVER regardless of the outcome.

If your wife cheats or feels the need to you ain't taking care of business at home ... Just like the saying "If you are a good cook your family never wants to go to a restaurant".

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 08-02-2013 at 08:24 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Raennas list was good... yours... meh........ 1 is BS, 2, so what, you can find out by wife talking to sperm donor..... 3... scary.... 4 doesn't make any sense unless paternity was contested and 99 percent of the time the outside sperm donor doesn't get any parental rights anyway.... the victim is the child... not the cuckolded father... he' is a victim too, but the child is the true victim in the sense that he didn't have any control over any of the mess.
The cuckolded man had no control over the situation either. And it's BS for the father's right to have peace of mind knowing that the child his wife gave birth to is his? That's anti-male and sexist comment. By that logic the mother has no right to peace of mind knowing that the kid that is given back to her is hers. Give her any old baby in the hospital. According to you neither parent has a right to know that the child they are bringing home is theirs. Unless you mean it should only apply to men?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,632,283 times
Quote:
#1. In this day and age you can literally cause real trouble by just having any woman demanding a paternity test of any random man to shake another marriage apart - because the mere notion that the guy is called upon testing will result with huge mistrust. Not to speak when another man shows up and demands paternity testing and there was already another father who had the paternity assigned automatically via marriage, for instance. This guy unlike the woman cannot have legal grounds to demand for testing but the devastation will be even worse and the paternity test would need to be done. Why on earth wouldn't the test be done early on to avoid any future inconvenience at all.
You don't realize how many abuses are possible. On top of that, children deserve to know who their biological parents are. Even if they never visit them and they never probably will. There is a widespread trauma of among many children who had their parents hide the identity of one or both biological parents. They literally dream about it and re-live it from time to time, to re-live through their eternal frustration. They'd simply want to just know who they are, even if they never see them. You'll never know it because you never were in such situation.

#2. You are trully some piece of work. Paternity testing should be mandatory on birth to avoid getting yourself in any further complications, end of story. I could make a long list of problems in my native country of origin as well, one of those being constant hostility and possibility of another ethnic conflict or an outright genocide. I could pinpoint on the whole African continent as a source of troubles for numerous children as well. Yet I'm supposed to get cuckolded because the child is the true victim. Give me a break.
The sad stories don't pass on me, I've learned how to repel them well.

My part #3 generally covers what Raena said, just in a more broad term. It's going to be the new fingerprinting. If you think it's illegal based on constitution, you should know that it's generally the same realm like taking your fingerprints. Fingerprinting should then be illegal as well, and so would be the current DNA databases of various felons, rapists and murderers. Sounds very reasonable.

#4. Sperm donor doesn't get his rights? The cuckolded father should care? True victim is the cuckolded father. Children are by-product of that and are also victims, but your argument is similar like claiming that a child which is product of rape is the true victim and not the mother who got raped and was forced to raise the product of that rape to remind her for her whole life. In some occasions the biological fathers are also the victims, but are more likely to be accomplices. Main perpetrator is the mother, definitely, since she had all the cards in her hands and she knew the situation better than anyone else. If she knew that there was even a remote possibility of such outcome, she should have told so to avoid any future drama, but she kept mum because it was "in her best interest", not the child's. On top of all, many times the woman simply conducts paternity fraud while fully knowing that the child isn't of the alleged father, or that the father is very unlikely to be the biological father.

Last edited by nald; 08-02-2013 at 09:08 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 PM

I've been called a "piece of work" I have had my masculinity questioned..... I've been ridiculed........ and no one seems to get what I'm talking about...

Sure... I'll say it again... yeah... being cuckolded sucks...having your wife cheat... raising someone else's biological kid sucks... none of this is fun stuff, you guy are acting like I'm some kind of pu&&y and want this to happen and I'm all good with it... I don't... I'm just thinking about the kid....

I'm way way way past all of the shyt you guys are talking about... I'm at the point of what the **** do you do with the information....

You have a little girl who you thought was your own kid... lets say she's 10.... she knows you as dad......and you find out she's not... what the f are you gonna do??

You gonna ship her off, you gonna not have anything to do with the child that you loved up to that point??

That is why I'm saying that knowing the paternity ....what does it mean in the long run.

I want you guys to tell me how to solve the problem after you find out... after you thought he or she was your kid.... not before hand I mean the real hard decision you have to make...

Do you cut the kid out of your life or do you suck it up and be a father figure to them...

None of you insulting ****ers have addressed this part of my query which I've said over and over and over again...

Just to beat a dead horse... no one wants to find out your kid isn't yours....

Do you punish the kid for it.... the goddam external question of the ages.....

I don't know how much more f ing plain I can make it???? yet I'm the stupid one in this god awful thread.........

Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I've been called a "piece of work" I have had my masculinity questioned..... I've been ridiculed........ and no one seems to get what I'm talking about...

Sure... I'll say it again... yeah... being cuckolded sucks...having your wife cheat... raising someone else's biological kid sucks... none of this is fun stuff, you guy are acting like I'm some kind of pu&&y and want this to happen and I'm all good with it... I don't... I'm just thinking about the kid....

I'm way way way past all of the shyt you guys are talking about... I'm at the point of what the **** do you do with the information....

You have a little girl who you thought was your own kid... lets say she's 10.... she knows you as dad......and you find out she's not... what the f are you gonna do??

You gonna ship her off, you gonna not have anything to do with the child that you loved up to that point??

That is why I'm saying that knowing the paternity ....what does it mean in the long run.

I want you guys to tell me how to solve the problem after you find out... after you thought he or she was your kid.... not before hand I mean the real hard decision you have to make...

Do you cut the kid out of your life or do you suck it up and be a father figure to them...

None of you insulting ****ers have addressed this part of my query which I've said over and over and over again...

Just to beat a dead horse... no one wants to find out your kid isn't yours....

Do you punish the kid for it.... the goddam external question of the ages.....

I don't know how much more f ing plain I can make it???? yet I'm the stupid one in this god awful thread.........
The kid should be raised by the mother and the biological father. If the biological father can't be found or won't care for it, the woman should raise it herself. Will it suck for the child? Yes. Life sucks. Does the child deserve it? No. Again life sucks. It doesn't go our way sometimes. The man didn't want to be cuckolded yet he was. He's just as innocent as the child since neither one had control. If the mother can't care for the child herself the state should do what it does to all unfit parents: take them from the unfit parent.

Stop having kids with men you aren't married to and you won't have this problem. Period. Does that answer your question?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
The kid should be raised by the mother and the biological father. If the biological father can't be found or won't care for it, the woman should raise it herself. Will it suck for the child? Yes. Life sucks. Does the child deserve it? No. Again life sucks. It doesn't go our way sometimes. The man didn't want to be cuckolded yet he was. He's just as innocent as the child since neither one had control. If the mother can't care for the child herself the state should do what it does to all unfit parents: take them from the unfit parent.

Stop having kids with men you aren't married to and you won't have this problem. Period. Does that answer your question?
No... you didn't answer the basic f ing question... you gonna look that little girl in the face and turn her away???

Tell me that... say it.... you won't cause it would make you look like a prick......

Say the actual words and I'll shut up... say it....

Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
No... you didn't answer the basic f ing question... you gonna look that little girl in the face and turn her away???

Tell me that... say it.... you won't cause it would make you look like a prick......

Say the actual words and I'll shut up... say it....
Yes I would. Who's the bigger prick? The man who knocked up her cheating mother? The mother for cheating? Or the man who was tricked into taking care of a child HE THOUGHT WAS HIS? Who's the bigger prick? Shaming tactics don't work with me. Facts>Emotions. She's the cheater. Not her 'man'. Hopefully that little girl will grow up and not make the same mistake her mother did because she knows how much it hurts.

Does this mean you will shut up now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships