Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is blonde hair and blue eyes still viewed as the most attractive in American society today?
Yes, more attractive than any other type of hair and eye color combination 24 22.64%
Viewed as most attractive but that is slowly changing 8 7.55%
Not viewed as the MOST attractive but it is viewed as attractive 64 60.38%
It is not really viewed as attractive anymore 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have heard it consistently, Blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. As a man with Black hair, olive (or light brown) skin, and brown eyes, I feel kind of a bit pushed aside. I am certain that people have their tastes, that is a given fact of life, yet I also believe that the more people you can win over just by features alone, the easier time you would have.
YUM! You sound exactly like my type! You have nothing to worry about. Dark hair, eyes and skin are definitely, definitely, definitely attractive. In fact, I won't even date a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, even if they're really good looking because I know the darker guys will eventually pull me away from the lighter ones. Everyone's different though. There are lots of beautiful people and no one thing is for everyone.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:35 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,911 times
I've never noticed women having a preference for blue-eyed blondes. I actually have heard that women prefer brunettes and it makes sense if you consider how few blonde male superstar celebrities there are. I think that says a lot.

As a guy, I have a preference for dark hair and dark eyes. That doesn't mean I don't find other combinations attractive. It's impossible to break it down into some sort of equation or something. I think there are attractive women of every single ethnicity out there.

I think the template for mass-appeal attractiveness has expanded a great deal since the old days. Right now I think the brunettes are edging out the blondes overall just by considering who the top actors, actresses, and models are at the moment. Latinos and latinas are becoming more and more accepted as an ideal of beauty and I think a least some of that is due to the Latino population growth in this country.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 AM

38 posts, read 85,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Personally, as a black woman, I am happy that a slightly broader range of "beautiful" is being accepted these days. We have a long way to go, but for someone like me, aspiring to be something impossible, would cause a lot cause a lot of low self-esteem.

Growing up, I didn't really take a lot of stock in trying to look like my dolls. And eventually I got a really cool handmade doll that was supposed to look like me, and be my own personal cabbage patch. She had black hair, brown skin and brown eyes!

I felt sorry for the girls who bought into that, I always thought it was better to find your own beauty and enhance whether than worry about some trend in beautiful, where the odds were, it wasn't going to look like you anyway.

Not everyone is going to have straight blond hair, and blue eyes. And Blondes tend to age the worst anyway. Better to have darker hair and coloring, you'll stay looking young forever.
I'm black and I have dark/brown skin, and I must say that despite being in my early 30's, I haven't aged. I have absolutely no frown marks or wrinkles. My skin is very smooth and I have a very youthful look. Perhaps it's also due to living a very clean lifestyle. I don't drink, smoke, or frequent clubs. Also, I eat a very healthy diet, but once in a while, I'll eat unhealthy things like Sicilian pistachio gelato mmmmm.

Anyway, its been a bit difficult for me to find the type of mate that I desire. Sure I can find a guy, but I'm searching for one who has a lot of great attributes and a great career/income. To an extent, people act as though only white, Asian, Hispanic and mixed women deserve high income men. Many blondes in Western society tend to very easily attract professional men. On the flip side, Some seem to think that black women should just be happy to have a man, irrespective of his attributes and earnings.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:04 AM

38 posts, read 85,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Now that America is less white bread and more exposed to people of multiple races, even people that are multiracial and have what has been seen as unconventional combinations of beautiful features - such as green eyes and black hair, or brown-skinned with blue eyes and coily brown hair, for example - the "blue eyes and blond hair" archetype is blown away by a whole new standard of physical and/or facially symmetrical beauty.

So while I won't say that having blue eyes and blond hair makes one unattractive, I will say that there are a number of other features that play into an individuals symmetry, structure and proportions that contributes to their physical beauty. And now that we're more exposed to different and competing features, it's more difficult accepting the old standard from the mid twentieth century that only [this type of feature] is what's beautiful.
Blue eyes and blonde hair is still the standard of beauty for whites in the U.S., but this applies mainly to women, not men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships