Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Don't call me mommy. You wouldn't like my mommy side.
Ok, ChessieMother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
For a LTR, no.

FBuddy, yes.
Ladies, read this a few dozen times. You will learn a great deal.

Ron summed up the feeling of 99% of the single men on this planet with 6 wise words. Sad. But wise.

If the single mom is hot, men will boink her all day long and twice on sundays. Marry her? baaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

Ron summed up the feeling of 99% of the single men on this planet with 6 wise words. Sad. But wise.

If the single mom is hot, men will boink her all day long and twice on sundays. Marry her? baaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Then why do we see so many singles mothers marrying childless men? My second husband was never married and never had kids, I had two. My brothers first wife had two kids. That didnt last long, but not because the kids, they are still close with my bro. His second wife had a baby when they married. They have been married over 18 yrs. now.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Then why do we see so many singles mothers marrying childless men? My second husband was never married and never had kids, I had two. My brothers first wife had two kids. That didnt last long, but not because the kids, they are still close with my bro. His second wife had a baby when they married. They have been married over 18 yrs. now.
That is my experience with people I know as well. I personally know many, many women who have children and remarried men both with their own kids and childless guys.

I don't know what world some of these guys on this forum live on because it certainly isn't mine.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
I think some of the guys on here might be thinking of single (never married) mothers. From what I have seen, childless men seem to be more open to getting into relationships with single (divorced or widowed) mothers than with never married single mothers.

Then of course age is a big factor too.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 AM

688 posts, read 897,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

Ron summed up the feeling of 99% of the single men on this planet with 6 wise words.
And 98.872% of all statistics on the internet are accurate.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't know what world some of these guys on this forum live on because it certainly isn't mine.
Most of the guys on this forum represent the traditional male point of view, and some are better at "letting it rip" than others, and are probably here to counterbalance the feminist "entitlement" point of view. Look how many men have said NO on this thread. In fact, one of the coolest women I know is a married childless-by-choice lady from NYC who once said, "if you see a woman with kids, run." It was very cool to hear a woman say that. But she was preaching to the choir.

Most men would probably agree with my adage: "for single moms, there are single dads."

Yes, we occupy the same world. Scary thought, no?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
I'm not single, but if my husband were to get hit by a bus tomorrow and I decided to date again, I would not date a childfree/childless man.

I guess more so for the compatibility factor than anything else...I would lead a completely different lifestyle than he would.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm not single, but if my husband were to get hit by a bus tomorrow and I decided to date again, I would not date a childfree/childless man.

I guess more so for the compatibility factor than anything else...I would lead a completely different lifestyle than he would.
Exactly the point I was trying to make, actually...conversely, the worlds of a single childless man and a single mom really don't intersect.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
After reading many posts I have come to the conclusion unless you are in the shoes of another then you have no idea how YOU would react.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships