Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Of course he would. What happens is that over time many women let their looks go or they gain weight but many guys still can't leave because it would cost to too much if they got a divorce, or they have kids so they stay to keep the family intact.
This still completely misses the point of my earlier post. In fact, just now I read in an advice column a woman's complain that her husband turns her down for sex often, because her sex drive is a lot stronger than his. That was one of my points.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Not sure about this. Women proclaim that men are the visual creatures, not them. Women are more about the heart and so on. A rich man with a cool car will get more women than the guy who looks cute and has no job, no car, lives at home, etc.

what?..this argument is preposterous, only a gold digger thinks this way, you have much to learn about women.

How many times have I heard from a guy friend 'the girl chose the better looking guy over me even though I have money, all he has are his looks' People are attracted to people for a variety of reasons, to assume women are attracted to guy only because he has money is pretty stupid really and just doesn't reflect what I see out there. If it were true why would there be so many 'I'm a nice guy with a good job/money..why won't women go for me' or 'why do women go for the bad boys' threads? Seriously I don't know any of my female friends who would go for an unattractive guy just because he had a nice car...now if he was an attractive guy AND had a nice car..then that wouldn't hurt, but they are more likely to get with a guy they are attracted to on a physical level (among other aspects like personality, sense of humor etc) just like men do.

Last edited by darrensmooth; 06-20-2012 at 08:03 PM..

Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
what?..this argument is preposterous, only a gold digger thinks this way, you have much to learn about women.
*thunderous applause*

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
*thunderous applause*
thing is, this is pretty basic you would think...but maybe not

Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
This is the bizarro-world of C-D. So...not.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
*thunderous applause*
More *thunderous applause*....

Quote:
Yup. One would think...

Quote:
This is the bizarro-world of C-D. So...not.
Sad, but so true.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
There are women men can have sex with....they are called "Hookers". Or are you too cheap? You are obviously not concerned with STD's. These women are easy to find in any city...

Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 PM

Well, if it would make the OP any happier, I've actually known a couple of women who were so insanely horny, they'd pick up guys in parking lots, at parks, at weekend fairs or music festivals, whatever, and just ... do it, then and there, in the car, behind some shrubs, wherever. Women like that are out there. I also read about a guy recently, who knew how to spot women like that. It's a look in their eye, he said. He got all the sex he wanted, because he was always watching the crowd, the grocery store, wherever he was, for that certain look and vibe. So, there are women out there willing to be your personal spittoon, guys, if you just squeeze their boobs and make them feel good. No strings attached. For free, too.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Mod cut: Orphaned
Quote:
You just changed the subject to men/women in relationships. But guys do turn down sex in relationships, too. Especially if they're seeing someone on the side.

So men turn sex down for the wrong reasons while women do it for the right reasons? Interesting.

Quote:
Nope. A woman who's looking for someone for "security" doesn't mean she's a goldigger. A woman who ONLY looks for that regardless of the guy being no good, now that's a goldigger. A guy who ONLY cares for looks, a bit superficial.

Quote:
to assume women are attracted to guy only because he has money is pretty stupid really and just doesn't reflect what I see out there.
Yup just like it is as stupid for women to say that men only want sex, only care for looks, etc.

Quote:
If it were true why would there be so many 'I'm a nice guy with a good job/money..why won't women go for me' or 'why do women go for the bad boys' threads?
Look at all the threads women talk about how cheap men are for using coupons, for not paying, for living with the parents, for not having a car, not spending enough for their engagement ring, etc. Those threads come and go all the time. The only woman who seems to be against that mentality is Ulysses and no woman tells her she's wrong.

Quote:
now if he was an attractive guy AND had a nice car..then that wouldn't hurt, but they are more likely to get with a guy they are attracted to on a physical level (among other aspects like personality, sense of humor etc) just like men do.
Have a nice guy with money stand next to a nice guy with no money. We know who women would pick.
Have a nice woman stand to a nice woman who is also attractive. We know who men would pick.

Why deny that?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-21-2012 at 10:55 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
"Women why is it such a big deal if a man wants to use you just for sex"

The operative word in that sentence was "use". It is a big deal because you are using these women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships