Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,739,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honestly, not bragging at all.

You too can have this kind of life - you just have to choose it and work for it.
sweetness, this C-D forum does nothing for my life. It's simply one way to kill time... period. Please believe, I got 99 problems, and a *itch ain't one. lol

Last edited by Just1Fan; 04-04-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
sweetheart, this C-D forum does nothing for my life. It's simply one way to kill time... period. I have 99 problems, and a *itch ain't one. lol
Well, like I always say, some of us here with much to offer can try to lead you ponies to water...

but we sure can't make you drink if you are determined to stay parched and dry

Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
"Fake It Until You Make It".

You, like a lot of guys, cannot seem to talk to women in terms of asking them out.

Do you know how I learned? I just started socializing with them and getting rejected. Over and over...........

What you must DO,is build up enough confidence to ask one girl out 1 time.

Once you do it 1 time, you'll build your momentum and push harder, further and faster. You'll build on your first approach.

You have to do it once......You have too!!

Once you do it, than you'll understand what I mean. After that, you'll start approaching more and more and the more you do it the higher quality/HOT women will not seem difficult to approach.

You have to "get right" mentally. It's starts with your internal thinking.

W A R N I N G: The following remarks are for guys that are not in denial and want the truth but are to afraid of what women will think!!

One of the best ways for a guy to gage his success and build his confidence with women, as it relates to asking them out is to have sex with a HOT girl.
im not sure ron. if that were true renting high grade love would provide enormous changes in self esteem. not so.
i think having a stronger self of identity based on reality and avoiding sport >>>>>>> ing at all costs, would improve the quality of your relations with men and women. i had a great love life in college way back when, but that is how i ended up on academic probation. only when i got back to reality about who and what i was did it get better. it was the golden age of being groovy. gals that looked like movie stars would date a soda jerk if he had long hair, and i did and did and did.
but gals wake up and so do soda jerks. movie stars belong with movie directors and soda jerks need to go to trade schools and move on up.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Well, like I always say, some of us here with much to offer can try to lead you ponies to water...

but we sure can't make you drink if you are determined to stay parched and dry
Parched and dry? My dear, I'm a player. I sell salmon and peel bananas.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Parched and dry? My dear, I'm a player. I sell salmon and peel bananas.
uh huh

You come off as very lonely and bitter here

Just sayin'

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
uh huh

You come off as very lonely and bitter here

Just sayin'
I can't blame you for the way you feel. If I were you I'd feel the same way too.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,650 times
Quote:
Oh, I got it. The first time a guy approaches, your interests are Not important and should be avoided at all costs. So, you want a guy to talk about himself, and his interests, exclusively?
No. I'm a hetero male. I've witnessed plenty of woman griping about suffocating men. As in "over hearing" it at work, in a bar, in a restaurant. Hearing it directly from female friends complaining about their current bf or their gf's bf. Watching male friends get dumped then come crawling back to the group that he shunned to revolve around his woman. And of course, I'm not perfect myself. Particularly the first year after my divorce. Dating was new again. I didn't have any hobbies. I ran several woman off in several different phases of the courtship. A relationship can't be completely 1 sided. You can only ask them so many questions before they ask you questions about yourself. What are you going to say?

girl: "So what do you do?"
You: "I work"
Girl: "what do you do for fun?"
you: "uh.....nothing"

Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I can't blame you for the way you feel. If I were you I'd feel the same way too.
Oh, I don't "feel" anything about you at all

Was just making an observation - you seem very lonely and bitter.

If I am wrong I apologize.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I've overheard many conversations complaining and contemplating break ups over their bf's lack of a life outside the relationship.
And I believe you. But, I wonder if you've ever heard of a woman complaining because her man is interested in HER?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
And I believe you. But, I wonder if you've ever heard of a woman complaining because her man is interested in HER?
You're leaving out the other half of the equation. If he's so interested in her that he ceases to be an interesting person himself, it's not going to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships