Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
What are you going to say?

girl: "So what do you do?"
You: "I work"
Girl: "what do you do for fun?"
you: "uh.....nothing"
This is more accurate...

girl: "So what do you do?"
You: "I'm a pimp"
Girl: "what do you do for fun?"
you: "look good, sell good, and keep a flesh Fleetwood"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're leaving out the other half of the equation. If he's so interested in her that he ceases to be an interesting person himself, it's not going to work.
I agree, 100%.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
And I believe you. But, I wonder if you've ever heard of a woman complaining because her man is interested in HER?
It happens.

A man who's only interest is his woman is usually controlling, insecure and smothering.

Healthy women don't want a man like that.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It happens.

A man who's only interest is his woman is usually controlling, insecure and smothering.

Healthy women don't want a man like that.
Yes, yes, and more yes. Your right on the money. This began with the OP stating that he had a hard time approaching women. I said, it's always hard to approach someone when you want something from them. My suggestion was that he try to find out what HER wants or interests are, and then try to be the Prince Charming that give's them to her. And, when I say give them to her, I mean, show interest it HER interests. But, I'm sure the OP has his own interests, as well. So, you are very right.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 04-04-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM

86 posts, read 99,376 times
Some good stuff here if one is openminded enough to heed the advice. Just1fan: I got your meaning right away and yeah it is correct. Women like to talk about themselves. This is how I got to know all the women that passed through my life. It helped me make a mental picture of what each woman was really like. My interests are as follows: photography, I am a member of a local art association and the photo arts group within. Every two weeks we have a meeting or a shoot somewhere. I also do grave rubbings, work out 3 nights a week, and regularly attend ahl hockey games with some cousins. Plus I go out on my own photo shoots.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
Some good stuff here if one is openminded enough to heed the advice. Just1fan: I got your meaning right away and yeah it is correct. Women like to talk about themselves. This is how I got to know all the women that passed through my life. It helped me make a mental picture of what each woman was really like. My interests are as follows: photography, I am a member of a local art association and the photo arts group within. Every two weeks we have a meeting or a shoot somewhere. I also do grave rubbings, work out 3 nights a week, and regularly attend ahl hockey games with some cousins. Plus I go out on my own photo shoots.
Thank you, kind Sir. In all fairness, everyone would rather talk about their own wants and interests; not just women. And, with that said, we're talking about when you're meeting and approaching women, not when being in a relationship with them. But, either way, I guess you have to balance it out. In other words, the more she likes your wants or interests, you give them to her. But, if she's not so interested in them, the best way to keep the ball rolling, is to jump back on HER wants and interests. But, you FIRST have to discovery, or figure out, what HER interests are. When you meet someone, focus on HER. For example, her hair, eyes, face, toes, personality, and etc. Next, focus on HER wants and interests that are not connected to her body, e.g. children, job, car, hobbies, and etc. Again, focus on your wants and interests, only if that's what SHE wants, i.e. give the situation what it calls for.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I would run far away from any guy who had no interests in his life other than me. How boring, and also smothering.
I agree. As others have previously stated, a good balance is best.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 PM

86 posts, read 99,376 times
I will try to apply the information given here and hope I start meeting women to date. I will update should this occur. Thank you. One other thing. It is a shame that there are people here who are so angry, bitter, and hateful. People give them advice but they refuse to listen. As I said it is a shame.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
I will try to apply the information given here and hope I start meeting women to date. I will update should this occur. Thank you. One other thing. It is a shame that there are people here who are so angry, bitter, and hateful. People give them advice but they refuse to listen. As I said it is a shame.
Best of luck to you my friend Please do keep us updated! Attitude really is everything, so I'm betting things are going to work out for you in time.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Best of luck to you my friend Please do keep us updated! Attitude really is everything, so I'm betting things are going to work out for you in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships