Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
And I would say those people would be right.... think about it.. Would a boy or girl want to date a member of the opposite sex who doesnt appear to be fun, constantly seems upset.. etc?

I agree with the thinking that you have to love who you are as a person before people see that ur comfortable with urself...

Again, doesn't matter, being positive for years doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you get no results. So why waste time being overly positive, for what? More of the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Again, doesn't matter, being positive for years doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you get no results. So why waste time being overly positive, for what? More of the same?

You're doing something very wrong if you don't notice any results. It isn't about faking a smile and picking up a girl because you have a smile and are happy for a night.

It is about making your life positive, looking for positive experiences, looking to do new and exciting things in life and making opportunities for yourself. Constant self improvement and always looking for the best. If you do this, you will undoubtedly see results, becuase you won't be crying about whether or not you have a girlfriend, you'll be busy having a great time in life. People will come and go and you'll be able to choose who you want.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You're doing something very wrong if you don't notice any results. It isn't about faking a smile and picking up a girl because you have a smile and are happy for a night.

It is about making your life positive, looking for positive experiences, looking to do new and exciting things in life and making opportunities for yourself. Constant self improvement and always looking for the best. If you do this, you will undoubtedly see results, becuase you won't be crying about whether or not you have a girlfriend, you'll be busy having a great time in life. People will come and go and you'll be able to choose who you want.
well of course, the answer is always: 'you're not doing it 'right' then. Whatever. I stopped bothering, if I am not doing it right and other women are doing something better then hats off to them. Guess it wasn't meant to be for me then. I'm not saying fake it, I really did stupidly used to beleive that if I was just 'a good person' men would care, LMAO @ that one. Yea right. I a bi woman, btw, and was looking for a man not a gf. I am not crying about not having a gf or bf, that ship has sailed. I am saying it's a crock for people to tell the OP 'just beleive in yourself' and magical things will follow with the opposite sex. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you think or how you act, it's just not in the cards for you. Maybe he is one of these people and may be not. The longer he goes like this the more likely it's never going to happen.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM

86 posts, read 99,376 times
To those with negative responses: I know where you are coming from because I was like you once. I started working out at the gym three nights a week with my cousin and she showed me how to have a more positive outlook and smile more. The next thing I knew I was receiving interest from four twenty somethings. I will continue to keep a positive outlook. You should try it also. Couldn't hurt.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
well of course, the answer is always: 'you're not doing it 'right' then. Whatever. I stopped bothering, if I am not doing it right and other women are doing something better then hats off to them. Guess it wasn't meant to be for me then. I'm not saying fake it, I really did stupidly used to beleive that if I was just 'a good person' men would care, LMAO @ that one. Yea right. I a bi woman, btw, and was looking for a man not a gf. I am not crying about not having a gf or bf, that ship has sailed. I am saying it's a crock for people to tell the OP 'just beleive in yourself' and magical things will follow with the opposite sex. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you think or how you act, it's just not in the cards for you. Maybe he is one of these people and may be not. The longer he goes like this the more likely it's never going to happen.

And I am saying it is BS for you to think the way you do and tell the OP that it might just not be possible for him. Everything is possible, and the people who keep working and improving will do just fine for themselves.

Losers quit and try to bring others down with them.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
To those with negative responses: I know where you are coming from because I was like you once. I started working out at the gym three nights a week with my cousin and she showed me how to have a more positive outlook and smile more. The next thing I knew I was receiving interest from four twenty somethings. I will continue to keep a positive outlook. You should try it also. Couldn't hurt.
Glad to hear it man, keep it up

Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
And I am saying it is BS for you to think the way you do and tell the OP that it might just not be possible for him. Everything is possible, and the people who keep working and improving will do just fine for themselves.

Losers quit and try to bring others down with them.
well hey, if you want to consider me a loser, then so be it. I don't know you from hole in the wall. I am not going waste any more time running around worrying about 'getting a man' or what I can do to get one. That's just too bad, if other women or whoever feel they are gaining something out of being that way then so be it. I am not trying to 'bring the OP down with me' please. If he feels what I am saying isn't accurate and isn't helpful to him -- he can chalk that up to being irrelevant to him. If he feels more content listening to people repeatedly tell him to do this and do that and you WILL see results (despite having seen none or very little) I guess he can do that too. What do I care.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post

oh really that's nice, good for you. just b/c it worked for you doesn't mean it works for others.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
well hey, if you want to consider me a loser, then so be it. I don't know you from hole in the wall. I am not going waste any more time running around worrying about 'getting a man' or what I can do to get one. That's just too bad, if other women or whoever feel they are gaining something out of being that way then so be it. I am not trying to 'bring the OP down with me' please. If he feels what I am saying isn't accurate and isn't helpful to him -- he can chalk that up to being irrelevant to him. If he feels more content listening to people repeatedly tell him to do this and do that and you WILL see results (despite having seen none or very little) I guess he can do that too. What do I care.

It's not about running around worrying about who is with you and who isn't... obviously you didn't even read what I said. It is about making your life exciting and great, and loving every second of life, not missing opportunities for fun or meeting new people. That's what its all about, a happy, exciting life.

Nobody wants to be around a negative unhappy person.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
It's not about running around worrying about who is with you and who isn't... obviously you didn't even read what I said. It is about making your life exciting and great, and loving every second of life, not missing opportunities for fun or meeting new people. That's what its all about, a happy, exciting life.

Nobody wants to be around a negative unhappy person.
I did read what you said about life being about positive and happy experiences, etc. etc. I am not interested in meeting fun and new people. So I guess it sucks to be me! i get it nobody wants to be around someone that's not happy go lucky and all that crap. maybe I will die soon and put them all out of their misery so as not to suffer any more of my personality type & they can go on with their blind happiness and 'fun lives'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships