Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

I'll repeat myself.

The number one factor that leads a man to dates other than confidence is being an interesting person. No, that does not mean you need to have "SUPER HOBBIES" like sky diving but having a life that is full and balanced will lead to dates far faster than being a wussified kiss ass.

By interesting I mean:

You play racket ball
You are into photography
You are into cycling
You like various wines.
You are very well read
You believe in life diversity
You swim 2 times a week
You try at least 1 new restaurant per month
You've visited other cities
You like to ride motorcycles
You have ambitions of doing world travel
Although you have not traveled, you did purchase your passport.
Etc...
Etc...

All of the above are "interesting" feats about a person. Notice I did not mention, degrees, job titles,etc... most people just are not interesting beyond talking about their job or degree. All of the above would be enough for any guy to carry a conversation beyond the "opener".

After the opener you present yourself in such away that causes interest on her part. In order to do that, you need to be a interesting guy.

Become a Renaissance Man, as I like to tell my nephew.

In addition, it doesn't make or break you but, start to build a great wardrobe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'll repeat myself.

The number one factor that leads a man to dates other than confidence is being an interesting person. No, that does not mean you need to have "SUPER HOBBIES" like sky diving but having a live that is full and balanced will lead to dates far faster than being a wussified kiss ass.

By interesting I mean:

You play racket ball
You are into photography
You are into cycling
You like various wines.
You are very well read
You believe in life diversity
You swim 2 times a week
You try at least 1 new restaurant per month
You've visited other cities
You like to ride motorcycles
You have ambitions of doing world travel
Although you have not travel, you did purchase your passport.

All of the above are "interesting" feats about a person. Notice I did not mention, degrees, job titles,etc... most people just are not interesting beyond talking about their job or degree. All of the above would be enough for any guy to carry a conversation beyond the "opener".

After the opener you present yourself in such away that causes interest on her part. In order to do that, you need to be a interesting guy.

Become a Renaissance Man, as I like to tell my nephew.

In addition, it doesn't make or break you but, start to build a great wardrobe.

All of the above describe what I lie to do
This.

Guys who sit at home every night watching ESPN don't realize how boring and unattractive they really are.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This.

Guys who sit at home every night watching ESPN don't realize how boring and unattractive they really are.
Add Xbox to that.......most guys are just downright boring as hell and simply don't take time to refine themselves. Guys can get HOT girlfriends if they want them. You have to give HOT girls a reason to be with you.

Watching ESPN and playing Xbox is not the way to do it.

No one is saying you have to be some "smooth operator" but you most certainly need to have a tool box of other interests.

QUESTION:
Who likes going to boring parties?

ANSWER: NO ONE!

Most of you are like boring parties. So don't expect the "HOT ladies" to show up. No matter how young or old the ladies are, they don't want to be at a boring party.

Why do you think a lot of women like to go out so much? It's fun!

I don't care if you're 25 or 55, ALL MEN love beautiful women. Beautiful women SELDOM if ever go "boring parties".

Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
I am generally confident about my photography, but when it comes to women I always doubt myself. I can't seem to ask them out. I can talk to them but even when the interest is obvious I can't make myself believe that they would be interested in dating me. This has cost me several women over the last fifteen years. Four in the last year alone. I know this issue is confidence/self esteem related. How can I fix this so I can start to live my life fully and stop losing out?

Seek therapy that is long, drawn out and very expensive.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Add Xbox to that.......most guys are just downright boring as hell and simply don't take time to refine themselves. Guys can get HOT girlfriends if they want them. You have to give HOT girls a reason to be with you.

Watching ESPN and playing Xbox is not the way to do it.

No one is saying you have to be some "smooth operator" but you most certainly need to have a tool box of other interests.

QUESTION:
Who likes going to boring parties?

ANSWER: NO ONE!

Most of you are like boring parties. So don't expect the "HOT ladies" to show up. No matter how young or old the ladies are, they don't want to be at a boring party.

Why do you think a lot of women like to go out so much? It's fun!

I don't care if you're 25 or 55, ALL MEN love beautiful women. Beautiful women SELDOM if ever go "boring parties".

we suppose to go clubbing every night then? Sorry but on a monday night after working 9 hours, im pretty much working out and then watching tv or reading

Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
we suppose to go clubbing every night then? Sorry but on a monday night after working 9 hours, im pretty much working out and then watching tv or reading
Good grief............I'm 38y/o. I don't go clubbing and have not been to a club in over 10 years. I live a very active life and have a healthy social life. Yes, I to work 9-10 hour days in addition to working out and having fun,

Come on man, get some imagination and stop making lame excuses.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
First off, you don't have to go out every night.

Second, have some imagination. We're not talking about hitting a dance club every night or even every weekend. Just do something, anything besides sitting at home night after night in front of the idiot box. Go for a jog or a bike ride. Hit a bookstore. Hang out with a couple of friends. Because a nine-hour day is just that: Nine hours. Throw eight hours of sleep into the mix, and that's seven more hours where you can actually have a life. Are you going to tell me that you want to spend that time watch watching TV? TV is crap. It's junk food for the personality, the soul, and the mind. A little is okay. A lot is injurious to who you are as a person.

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch TV about once or twice a week. More often during baseball season or when my favorite college team is playing. But, for God's sake, don't be the guy who automatically walks into your apartment at the end of the day and reaches for the remote. Because, by doing so, you've chosen passive entertainment over actually participating in the amazing entertainment that is life. Most women sense that in a guy and tend to avoid him.

And video games are the worst of all, a sure sign of arrested development. If I could do single male humanity one favor, I'd pretty much mandate that all men over the age of 24 should turn in their video game systems, stop living through digital icons in a computer, and start living life.

Last edited by cpg35223; 04-03-2012 at 08:37 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 AM

In fact, let me run down the characteristics of a boring-ass guy that no woman of quality would want to be around:

Doesn't get out.
Doesn't exercise.
Doesn't take pride in his appearance.
Doesn't read anything, unless one counts Tom Clancy or Men's Journal.
Doesn't travel or have the slightest interest in traveling.
Doesn't stretch himself intellectually or emotionally.
Doesn't have any hobbies.
Doesn't have curiosity.
Doesn't reach out to friends.
Doesn't engage others.
Doesn't wear anything with personality.
Doesn't want to risk looking like a fool, even when there's a distinct chance of having fun.
Doesn't want to go anywhere where he doesn't know anyone.
Doesn't want to do anything that takes him outside his comfort zone.
Doesn't want to try anything new, whether it's food, entertainment, or activities.
Doesn't want to do anything that interrupts his television watching habits.

And the list goes on. And then they sit around and mewl about why hot women aren't knocking down their doors. Life is a freaking banquet, and some poor bastards are out there starving to death.

Last edited by cpg35223; 04-03-2012 at 08:38 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
In fact, let me run down the characteristics of a boring-ass guy that no woman of quality would want to be around:

Doesn't get out.
Doesn't exercise.
Doesn't take pride in his appearance.
Doesn't read anything, unless one counts Tom Clancy or Men's Journal.
Doesn't travel or have the slightest interest in traveling.
Doesn't stretch himself intellectually or emotionally.
Doesn't have any hobbies.
Doesn't reach out to friends.
Doesn't engage others.
Doesn't wear anything with personality.
Doesn't want to risk looking like a fool, even when there's a distinct chance of having fun.
Doesn't want to go anywhere where he doesn't know anyone.
Doesn't want to do anything that takes him outside his comfort zone.
Doesn't want to try anything new, whether it's food, entertainment, or activities.
Doesn't want to do anything that interrupts his television watching habits.

And the list goes on. And then they sit around and mewl about why hot women aren't knocking down their doors. Life is a freaking banquet, and some poor bastards are out there starving to death.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
Quote:
First off, you don't have to go out every night.

Second, have some imagination. We're not talking about hitting a dance club every night or even every weekend. Just do something, anything besides sitting at home night after night in front of the idiot box. Go for a jog or a bike ride. Hit a bookstore. Hang out with a couple of friends. Because a nine-hour day is just that: Nine hours. Throw eight hours of sleep into the mix, and that's seven more hours where you can actually have a life. Are you going to tell me that you want to spend that time watch watching TV? TV is crap. It's junk food for the personality, the soul, and the mind. A little is okay. A lot is injurious to who you are as a person.

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch TV about once or twice a week. More often during baseball season or when my favorite college team is playing. But, for God's sake, don't be the guy who automatically walks into your apartment at the end of the day and reaches for the remote. Because, by doing so, you've chosen passive entertainment over actually participating in the amazing entertainment that is life. Most women sense that in a guy and tend to avoid him.

And video games are the worst of all, a sure sign of arrested development. If I could do single male humanity one favor, I'd pretty much mandate that all men over the age of 24 should turn in their video game systems, stop living through digital icons in a computer, and start living life.
LOL did i strike a nerve with some posters? I dont sit in every night... i'd be bored out of my mind. I play sports 4 nights a week with groups of people. I'm just saying that I'd be equally turned off if a girl did nothing but go out to bar and clubbing and that was the only thing that interested her on the weekend. Just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships