Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
No, I like Ron. We have the same goal. We're just taking two different paths to get there, that's all. He thinks a guy has to have certain hobbies and interests, e.g. HIS OWN, to have success with women. I say, you can have ABSOLUTELY NO INTERESTS of your own, as long as your focus... is on HER interests.
Yeah, but you don't come off as a PUA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
No, I like Ron. We have the same goal. We're just taking two different paths to get there, that's all. He thinks a guy has to have certain hobbies and interests, e.g. HIS OWN, to have success with women. I say, you can have ABSOLUTELY NO INTERESTS of your own, as long as your focus... is on HER interests.
I would run far away from any guy who had no interests in his life other than me. How boring, and also smothering.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
What makes you think they want to date you?

In my experience, when I think a woman wants to date me, I am wrong about 90% of the time.
hey, we're trying to put the fire of insecurity out, not see how big we can make it! lol You just threw a cup of gas on his fire.

I think you're getting some good advice from a couple of people in here. Let me throw in my 2 cents.

So what is it about you that you don't feel comfortable with or think woman won't want you? Is it your looks?

Social life - get busy. Awesome things tend to happen when you're not trying to force them to happen. Not to mention, a dude is far more appealing to a woman when he has a busy social life vs guy who sits at home playing video games and watching TV all the time. If you can't get busy, fake it.

Exercise / get in shape - you'll not only feel better, your mental attitude will improve believe it or not. You'll also improve physically, making you more desireable. You'll carry yourself better. We often send non-verbal clues that we don't realize. Improve your health will improve your confidence.

Stop putting woman on a pedestal. That add's unneeded pressure to the situation. You are worth something. You are unique in your own way. Believe that you have something to offer, because you do.

Practice - the more girls you ask out and the more you get rejected, the easier it gets to approach. YOu'll start developing better skills and get better at asking girls out. You'll get better at spotting available woman. You start noticing nonverbal ques from girls that they may be interested in you. Even the best looking, smartest, most talented men have had some type of rejection from a female. You just have to stop taking that rejection so personally. As men, we are very visual. So sometimes we think when a woman rejects us, it's because we aren't good looking enough. Then you're really hurt when she starts dating a guy you though was uglier than you. Stop that line of thinking if you're doing it.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:44 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times
Quote:
Guys with no interests of their own tend to smother woman and get dumped. Nobody wants to be smothered. And when the relationship doesn't work out, the guys world crumbles because his world revolved around the girl. I've overheard many conversations complaining and contemplating break ups over their bf's lack of a life outside the relationship.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Thank you, well balanced woman. Your husband is lucky to have you.
Yes, he is, and thanks

But here's the thing, HE is well balanced too - meaning he has plenty of his own interests and activities that I in turn support him in

Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I would run far away from any guy who had no interests in his life other than me. How boring, and also smothering.
No smothering. *foot in mouth*

Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yes, he is, and thanks

But here's the thing, HE is well balanced too - meaning he has plenty of his own interest and activities that I in turn support him in
Now, you're bragging. I hate you.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Now, you're bragging. I hate you.
Honestly, not bragging at all.

You too can have this kind of life - you just have to choose it and work for it.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Guys with no interests of their own tend to smother woman and get dumped. Nobody wants to be smothered. And when the relationship doesn't work out, the guys world crumbles because his world revolved around the girl. I've overheard many conversations complaining and contemplating break ups over their bf's lack of a life outside the relationship.
Oh, I got it. The first time a guy approaches, your interests are Not important and should be avoided at all costs. So, you want a guy to talk about himself, and his interests, exclusively?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Words of wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships