Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Hmm...that's not the mental image I'm getting at all, because the OP said she has only brought this up once.

But yes, I know what you're talking about in certain cases. And I can imagine the OP becoming something like what you describe above, simply out of desperation over time. That's another reason I'm just not feelin' this one.
No, the mental image I'm thinking of is a girl I dated. Despite all her badgering, I never had the heart to say, "I'm feeling like leaving on the side of the Interstate if you ask me that one more time."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Maybe. The OP did specify verbal affection, v. physical. She made that clear.
I didn't mean physical affection, either. I just don't like forced "talks" about "feelings," "where things are going," "where they're returning from ," "where do you see yourself in 5 years ," etc.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I didn't mean physical affection, either. I just don't like forced "talks" about "feelings," "where things are going," "where they're returning from ," "where do you see yourself in 5 years ," etc.
Right. And if you didn't mind such things once in a while, they wouldn't be forced. The OP doesn't mind such things once in a while; in fact, she loves them. There are definitely men who don't mind such things once in a while, either.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM

11 posts, read 13,732 times
I dont see why everyone is so negative here. No one is perfect, right? We just have to find someone with who we get along and we accept his/her defaults. I dont think its right to just end it so easily because theres a little "problem". He is attached to me and so I am to him, and im sure that we can work this out somehow. When we are together, he gives me so much love physically that i cant ask for more.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty8 View Post
I dont see why everyone is so negative here. No one is perfect, right? We just have to find someone with who we get along and we accept his/her defaults. I dont think its right to just end it so easily because theres a little "problem". He is attached to me and so I am to him, and im sure that we can work this out somehow. When we are together, he gives me so much love physically that i cant ask for more.
OP, you're the one who is/was concerned enough about this issue to post about it on a relationships board. That has given us (rightly so, I'd say) the opinion that this particular issue is more important to you than just "a little problem."

If that's all it is, accept that he'll never change and don't feel bad when he doesn't bring up the subject once in a while, as you said before you'd like. Just let it go and don't expect it, and the two of you should be fine since everything else is fine and this isn't much of a big deal to you.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
There are definitely men who don't mind such things once in a while, either.
There ARE! Only that they're gay!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
he gives me so much love physically that i cant ask for more.
But you are...

Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
When we are together, he gives me so much love physically that i cant ask for more.

Sounds like the sex might be worth it then! lol

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:

So the question is, what to do? Do I have to ask him if he already sees me as his gf or not yet?

And am I always the one who will have to initiate a conversation about sentimental stuff?
Yes

Maybe. From what I have read elsewhere in my lifetime, men are perfectly capable of saying " I love you" when they do love a woman. Anything else is just a cop-out. Saying "ditto", "uh-huh", "I really like you", "you look good", "you would be an excellent mother to my children", "you know how I feel", or any other word or sentence that is not a straight up " I love you", means he doesn't love you.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yes

Maybe. From what I have read elsewhere in my lifetime, men are perfectly capable of saying " I love you" when they do love a woman. Anything else is just a cop-out. Saying "ditto", "uh-huh", "I really like you", "you look good", "you would be an excellent mother to my children", "you know how I feel", or any other word or sentence that is not a straight up " I love you", means he doesn't love you.
I agree with you, but I get the feeling that's not what we're talking about here... I might be wrong, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships