Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men: Would you date a woman who majored/minored in Feminist or Women's Studies?
Yes, no problem 15 41.67%
Eh, depends on whether or not she is attractive 5 13.89%
Nah, don't think I need the hassles 3 8.33%
No, and how fast can I run? 12 33.33%
Other - explain 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 03:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It's all there...introduction, literature, history, sexuality, film, stereotyping, roles, historical constructs, psychological and health issues, and independent research (though I'm afraid of what that might entail at Wellesley). Thanks, S-Az.
No, your list is not "all there", far from it. There's nothing about psychology or stereotyping on the Wellesley list. And you're completely missing one of the main points of women's studies programs: pointing out cross-cultural/multi-cultural patterns and issues, the intersection of gender, race and class. Your list doesn't have anything about women and globalization, either. Why these oversights? Because you're clueless about the nature of these programs, you're just projecting male fears and fantasies onto the discipline. Like it's all about how to be bisexual, so you guys can get your kicks, and how to hate men.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
When a man is truly attracted to a woman, he does not give a flying F about her education.
I agree with that. Most men are not pragmatic and don't care about education, financial means, etc. However, if a traditional man marries such a woman, chances for friction are pretty good.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I agree with that. Most men are not pragmatic and don't care about education, financial means, etc. However, if a traditional man marries such a woman, chances for friction are pretty good.
Well, I don't know how true that is.... I certainly want a woman that is somewhat educated and can hold a job, no, I don't have any specific educational requirements though....

Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM

749 posts, read 838,829 times
I did.....just once. Will never again.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
I don't feel like "drilling" through college websites to do that. People also post hypothetical situations on here. This thread was obviously penned by a reasonably learned person. I don't think someone with an IQ of 77 could come up with such breadth and relevance.

Come on ... It's pretty clear the intention of your post.
You're quite fixated on the feminist, more than some women, who just expect equality . Interesting.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:21 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, I don't know how true that is.... I certainly want a woman that is somewhat educated and can hold a job, no, I don't have any specific educational requirements though....
Yes that's about all that has ever been expected of me. To be financially self sufficient, and reasonably educated. These things are learned within speaking with me for a few minutes, and that's why men don't ask where I went to school or what my major was. II am glad too because my major was a waste of time and money.)

Old 04-28-2012, 03:24 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
I would date her. I would treat her well just like any other woman who was my Wife/Girlfriend. Hopefully this would be reciprocated, Regardless of her studies, backround, race, religion and whether she dips or not. if she dips i would just ask that she takes it out before a kiss. I am not kidding.

Good to give someone a chance, And them give you a chance. It's not "Weird Science" from the 80's where we can build the ideal partner for us. People are people, Ya know?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Would you date a woman who zealously took up such a major/minor?
Who cares?

Only a weak-minded, self-loathing twit would consider what men think when she chooses a major. Smart women pursue what they want because it's what they want, not because of what anyone else thinks.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
No more stupid than "Women: would you date a man with ED?" or "Women: would you date a man with small equipment?" or "Women: would you date a man that dips?"
You really seemed to take that thread personally didn't you?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Who cares?

Only a weak-minded, self-loathing twit would consider what men think when she chooses a major. Smart women pursue what they want because it's what they want, not because of what anyone else thinks.
Since when is traditional self-loathing? Half the men on here thus far said NO, thanks to a closed poll. Why? Because the typical woman who majors in such a curriculum isn't very feminine from what most people observe. So half the male population are twits? Way to go. If anything, CDF is liberal, and I'm sure the real numbers in the "outside world" would be higher. Not only that, a major West Coast university had one heck of a problem on its hands when there was a sole male in a women's studies course and he consistently took the dissenting point of view. The way he was treated became an issue that the university had to extinguish and got some notoriety for.

If a woman authored a thread "Women: would you date a guy who majored in textile design?," I'd bet that most of them would say NO, THANK YOU. Nice try, Yzette. It's a "symmetrical" issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships