Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men: Would you date a woman who majored/minored in Feminist or Women's Studies?
Yes, no problem 15 41.67%
Eh, depends on whether or not she is attractive 5 13.89%
Nah, don't think I need the hassles 3 8.33%
No, and how fast can I run? 12 33.33%
Other - explain 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Conversely, there are men who don't care whether feminists like them or not.
What difference does it make? Neither matter to the other, so proclamations of who likes or dislikes who has zero value.

eta: On second thought, perhaps some of you do care otherwise you wouldn't discuss it I guess.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:50 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
"Feminists".
You mean, there are women out there who WANT to be paid less than men, be kept barefoot and pregnant, and want to repeal domestic violence laws? What, exactly, is a non-feminist?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:50 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,859 times
Quote:
No kidding, but the feminists didn't start a thread complaining about the men who don't like them.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Feminists".
You mean, there are women out there who WANT to be paid less than men, and kept barefoot and pregnant? What, exactly, is a non-feminist?
I believe there are women who adhere to those ideas and obviously some men who do. They have each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
No kidding, but the feminists didn't start a thread complaining about the men who don't like them.
Yes, right to the point.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
I'm not against feminism as a movement, but why does it seem every self-described 'feminist' I meet seems unable to tolerate you suggesting a viewpoint that differs from the predictable feminist line? If you even SUGGEST that this or this study might not be 100% scientific, she'll jump on you like an alley cat.

Keep in mind my sample size is small, maybe 5 or so, but still, it does leave you with a bad impression. I think real feminists don't need to constantly advertise the fact or harp on about it.

I would be very wary.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Feminists".
You mean, there are women out there who WANT to be paid less than men, be kept barefoot and pregnant, and want to repeal domestic violence laws? What, exactly, is a non-feminist?
Oh, please, typically reactionary. If there is a published wage scale, that doesn't happen. It rarely happens in the professions. In fact, I once worked for a company in the 90s where I was paid less than both a man and a woman for the same job. I had the same credentials as the woman, and the man had less credentials than I did. I found this out by seeing the billing rates on a statement, which ended in cents as a result of a multiplier. Why so? They were married, and the guy had kids. That particular place put a premium on married folks. So, what does one do? Slow down their output to calibrate the difference. Sure, women get paid less because they often take more clerical jobs. Equal pay for equal work has been here for quite a while.

What is a non-feminist? A woman who can be smart, feminine and doesn't feel her personal and professional life is an arm-wrestling match with men.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
No, but they're on here like flies on shyte.

Thus far, this is a thread where the "usuals" show up because the message that some women are categorically excluded by many men is not an easy pill to swallow, with me providing countering opinions. A few men have provided sarcastic or brief insightful posts.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
What is a non-feminist? A woman who can be smart, feminine and doesn't feel her personal and professional life is an arm-wrestling match with men.
This actually would include a lot of feminists. I don't think you really know what one is. (btw, they're not a homogeneous bunch.) You have some kind of cartoon image in your mind.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-28-2012 at 06:24 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not against feminism as a movement, but why does it seem every self-described 'feminist' I meet seems unable to tolerate you suggesting a viewpoint that differs from the predictable feminist line? If you even SUGGEST that this or this study might not be 100% scientific, she'll jump on you like an alley cat.

Keep in mind my sample size is small, maybe 5 or so, but still, it does leave you with a bad impression. I think real feminists don't need to constantly advertise the fact or harp on about it.

I would be very wary.
Did your argument include infringing on the rights of any humans? That's always going to get pushed back.
Quote:
No, but they're on here like flies on shyte.

Thus far, this is a thread where the "usuals" show up because the message that some women are categorically excluded by many men is not an easy pill to swallow, with me providing countering opinions. A few men have provided sarcastic or brief insightful posts.
The usual suspects in this thread, tho, did not major in women's studies. The feminists on this board comprise a gamut of majors and still find your style of argument and content to be wanting.

You want to make an argument out of you and your buddies excluding feminists as romantic partners, but again, it doesn't hold much value. Can you deal with that?

Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,816 times
I'm all for equality, but I believe so-called feminism has gone too f'n far in many cases and has sorta put me off a lot of women I've met who are either closet man haters or are of the type that want to feminize men to the point that we're subdued and made to feel like monsters.

My ex was one of those man hating types. To her, men were just objects for her to use, chew up and spit out. I was one of them, but ya live and learn. Funny, because I see a lot of the same traits in many of the regular posters in Relationships. This particular corner of city data is like the female equivalent of the politics forum, same attacking in packs, except you can often find interesting stuff in the politics forum, unlike the banal nonsense that only serves as to waste bandwidth.

We're all HUMANS! isms of any kind are generally retarded and end up becoming too extremist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships