Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men: Would you date a woman who majored/minored in Feminist or Women's Studies?
Yes, no problem 15 41.67%
Eh, depends on whether or not she is attractive 5 13.89%
Nah, don't think I need the hassles 3 8.33%
No, and how fast can I run? 12 33.33%
Other - explain 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It seems like this is the key issue, here, doesn't it?
That's what Loves Mountains, the "feel good"/"what everyone here wants to hear" poster, would make you think. She was sort of a unanimous pick on "The View."

I don't have a problem with equality. It has been achieved. I have a problem with feminism having already overstepped equality. And, as there is less need to call attention to feminism, such curricula actually accelerate in popularity. It's sad.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
No, you your post is about what YOU want to talk about, not what men ask of you. Let's look at your post again:

Nowhere in your post does it say that men ask you about your education, and that is why it lacks relevancy.
I'm so sorry that you missed the part you quoted about my current SO!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's what Loves Mountains, the "feel good"/"what everyone here wants to hear" poster, would make you think. She was sort of a unanimous pick on "The View."
I don't know what this means.

Quote:
Maybe we need to look at WHY someone studies something?
Generally because they find it interesting?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:

I don't have a problem with equality. It has been achieved. I have a problem with feminism having already overstepped equality. And, as there is less need to call attention to feminism, such curricula actually accelerate in popularity. It's sad.
Good grief.

Answer me this question please.

What do you think of your own mother?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What do you think of your own mother?
Great cook!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Generally because they find it interesting?
You didn't quote my post in its entirety. I gave valid reasons for why someone might want to study something. What is there to find interesting in women's studies for a woman? You saw the Wellesley (good God) course list. Some of the courses have social science type value. A few are nauseating. I don't view it as a cultural study. If someone is of a particular ethnicity or has an interest in an ethnicity, then I could see why they take up Iberian Studies, African Studies or Asian Studies. Those would include history, cultural geography, political systems, art, and language development...and typically without a "chip on the shoulder."

Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry that you missed the part you quoted about my current SO!
I bet you are even more sorry that I didn't miss all of the I's in your post.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Great cook!
That's something she DOES, not who she is.

Again, what do you think of your mother, the person?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
You didn't quote my post in its entirety. I gave valid reasons for why someone might want to study something. What is there to find interesting in women's studies for a woman? You saw the Wellesley (good God) course list. Some of the courses have social science type value. A few are nauseating. I don't view it as a cultural study. If someone is of a particular ethnicity or has an interest in an ethnicity, then I could see why they take up Iberian Studies, African Studies or Asian Studies. Those would include history, cultural geography, political systems, art, and language development...and typically without a "chip on the shoulder."
Come on, if you went out on a date with a hot chick you wouldn't even ask about her education. And if 3-4 amazing dates in with a hot chick you learned she was a women's studies major, you wouldn't dump her on the spot.

Who are you trying to kid here? To be honest I find women's studies majors tend to be annoying. But that doesn't matter - attraction trumps all when it comes to men. That's why most guys will put up with so much ridiculous BS from a woman if she is hot enough.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That's something she DOES, not who she is.
Again, what do you think of your mother, the person?
I get along with her because because she was a good Mom and...drum roll...she's a traditional woman. I am more similar to my Dad. Trying to analyze me a la Freud? Have at it.

Most men dislike feminists. Most men won't talk about it. It wouldn't be politically correct and they would meet with backlash. Get over it. It's not tied to our parenting. It's tied to societal changes. Why do you think American QOL is going into the toilet more and more, with each successive decade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships