Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 05:29 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Men don't age that much better then women. The difference is looks are weighted differently for men and women. Men aren't judged NEARLY as much for their looks as their female counterparts. Their judged more for their economic status, and power
EXACTLY..this is more the correct statement, because no wayyyy men age much more better than women. I mean....huh??? Im thinking of the 400 men at my job, men at my gym, at the grocery store,etc and Im just not seeing that. And im being totally honest. I really think it depends on the individual person(one person may age well, the other wont..regardless of sex) and their healthy lifestyle, or lack of.. a healthy lifestyle. However, men and women ARE judged differently on looks..so a man's potbelly wont be judged as harshly as a woman's pot belly, regardless of age.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:42 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You're trying way too hard dude. Anyone who is actually cool doesn't talk about this stuff.
Only like everyday with your friends and the guys you work with. ALL DAY!!

Old 06-30-2012, 05:50 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
You're searching for a "gotcha" that just isn't there. Clearly money allows for more rich and diverse and enjoyable life experiences. That's my point. I wasn't making this about me and how awesome and perfect I am, it was just an argument about generalities/life. People got nasty and personal and I responded in kind. I think that is reasonable enough.

I suppose we're going to be engaging in a "who started being mean first!" game soon if we keep this up.
I for one don't care who started "being mean" first. But I think you should admit that even you settle for mediocre experiences to some degree. The question now becomes, "How much time spent on mediocre experiences is too much?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
The OP requested we go deep and be honest. I appreciate those kinds of conversations. I thought that this forum was conducive to really going for some honest, tough truths.
There's no truth more deep and honest than this: People are happy when their needs/desires are met, no matter what needs/desires they have. "Success" is a frame of mind. Always has been. You are no more/less successful than anyone else living the life they want to live.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

There's no truth more deep and honest than this: People are happy when their needs/desires are met, no matter what needs/desires they have. "Success" is a frame of mind. Always has been. You are no more/less successful than anyone else living the life they want to live.
Vic, I think you're getting too philosophical for some of these guys. It's over their heads. You have to stick to the basics to get their attention: money, power, "hotties". We've had teen members on here who are more mature than these guys.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:06 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The fat that you mention "fatties" that no one wants - show that you have a shallow streak..Some men truly love woman- good looking- not so good looking- Lean or round..real men don't go for woman who are overly concerned about how men perceive them. Also it's bordering on childish to suggest that a mere kid in their 20s are past their prime? Prime what?

You have a lot to learn about men- I have been a horrible alpha male- I was difficult--self serving- cruel...BUT- I learned about myself and how to treat woman- I would say even if I am old...That I am a fine man- the man I was meant to be...A man that any good woman would be proud of and love to know....live and learn- You expect to much too soon from young men...As for guys that are particular and won't date say a stubby short female of a certain shape...why should you try to get in bed for sex sake with some one you do not find attractive? It's gross...Men know exactly what is right for them.

Alpha males are leaders and thinkers- not just guys that score with any female that has a heart break- In the animal kingdom the alpha male will NOT mate with an inferior female...why create retards and runts?....................oooops- I sounded real Alpha right about there...
Oleg, you are truly one of my favorite posters on this forum. I laughed pretty hard when I had read the last part of your post. That's entirely true, just take a look at how many dysfunctional people are the result of such circumstances.

Although I disagree with you, no one really wants a fattie (unless they have no options, and they're fine with settling). Yes curves in proportion are great but as men we have a natural aversion to anything that's gravitationally challenged (if not, well then that's fetish territory). You have this generation of men (specifically my generation) who have had it prodded in their heads that if they don't accept "the fatness" its wrong and a mass shaming commences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So how you live your life, just keep swapping women out for younger versions every 5 years like car tires?
Wow, you sure do learn things pretty quick Bright Eyes! Just remember you wrote that, not anyone else. I'm glad to see that you acknowledge this on a certain level (good golly gosh, there's hope after all!).

----

now onto this thread.

Of course what the OP mentioned has truth to it, if it didn't there wouldn't be so many responses to his thread. The funny thing is that if he had really mentioned the crux of this inverted socialization, i'm pretty sure the thread would have been locked long ago.

I don't want to use any overused metaphors but of course there are two realities, one full of men in denial about the social/sexual market vs the other of actually seeing things for what they are. You choose the latter and your often deemed as sexist, chauvinistic etc. Choose the former?...well have fun with your balls in that vice grip.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:11 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
men in denial about the social/sexual market
Care to elaborate?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
It's all on topic. No one is settling. Explaining how you would be good to your woman of choice in detail helps. There are many flavors of men out here. To lump us all into one group and say we all like tall, boney model types is a insult. The same as lumping all women into a group saying if you don't come from money and make lots of it, you stand no chance with women. LMAO Is that what they tell you to justify 100K on 4-5 years of college guys? Get over yourselves.
I have no idea what you're talking about, or how it relates to my comment. Just saying, the alpha and beta male cliche is a gross oversimplification. We're not discussing boney models.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why the "most" will have to be shipped off..the remaining FEW...who will be successful..can stay of course...I would not want to leave the poor girl with nothing..apparently she is moving into the negative zone where "most" would not apply and the FEW left will fade away...Does this young girl not know that most if not all young men are twits...I was the prince of twits..

Everyone knows that when you are young you are but a playful pup...she should like puppies not pick on the poor things.
The most won't be shipped off though, that's the thing, LOL.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Oleg, you are truly one of my favorite posters on this forum. I laughed pretty hard when I had read the last part of your post. That's entirely true, just take a look at how many dysfunctional people are the result of such circumstances.

Although I disagree with you, no one really wants a fattie (unless they have no options, and they're fine with settling). Yes curves in proportion are great but as men we have a natural aversion to anything that's gravitationally challenged (if not, well then that's fetish territory). You have this generation of men (specifically my generation) who have had it prodded in their heads that if they don't accept "the fatness" its wrong and a mass shaming commences.

Wow, you sure do learn things pretty quick Bright Eyes! Just remember you wrote that, not anyone else. I'm glad to see that you acknowledge this on a certain level (good golly gosh, there's hope after all!).

----

now onto this thread.

Of course what the OP mentioned has truth to it, if it didn't there wouldn't be so many responses to his thread. The funny thing is that if he had really mentioned the crux of this inverted socialization, i'm pretty sure the thread would have been locked long ago.

I don't want to use any overused metaphors but of course there are two realities, one full of men in denial about the social/sexual market vs the other of actually seeing things for what they are. You choose the latter and your often deemed as sexist, chauvinistic etc. Choose the former?...well have fun with your balls in that vice grip.
what are you talking about? brad piff basically said just that.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 06-30-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Old 06-30-2012, 08:45 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about, or how it relates to my comment. Just saying, the alpha and beta male cliche is a gross oversimplification. We're not discussing boney models.
Alpha males don't put down thousands of wonderful women by making blanket statements straight out of fashion magazines. We also don't mistake business ventures and ordeals as a false sense of alpha characteristics. Said guy probably pays the 17 year old kid at AutoZone to change his battery in the parking lot and would double over with one punch to his beer belly. Nuff said!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships