Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times

Advertisements

Very nice thread. Dew that's hilarious. Lol I would do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM

190 posts, read 392,022 times
I met my husband at my house. He was there with his then-girlfriend, another couple and my ex sis-n-law to watch movies. A few weeks later, his gf dumped him, he knocked on my door to say hello and the rest is history. Oh, it wasn't love at first sight since I'm 8 years older than he and have 2 kids but, thankfully, he was persistant! We'll be married 19 years in December and I can't imagine my life without him in it.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:52 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,478 times
At my apartment building back in 2007. I grew up in this building, but she had just moved in. I remember minding my own business and getting ready to head home when I see this lovely young lady bending over in the laundry room. She had a nice case of plumbers pants going on and since that moment I knew I had to have it. Here we are now with a 4 year old daughter.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
In 1989 I went to New Zealand to go hiking. While I was there, I was bamboozled by a German girl I met into bungee jumping off a bridge over a 180-foot gorge. Five seconds of total terror. Still can't believe I did it.

Six months later, my sister fixed me up with this girl. Totally not my type. Fifteen minutes into the dinner date, I said, "This isn't working for you, is it?" So instead of having a date, we wound up having a great two-hour conversation.

A month later, I get a call from that girl inviting me to a party she's throwing. I had nothing going on, so I decided to go. The only people there I knew was the girl, my sister, and my brother-in-law. But I circulated around the room. After about thirty minutes, this one amazing woman walked up to me and said, "Okay. I have to meet the idiot who went bungee jumping off a bridge in New Zealand." It was weird. It was if a door opened and all I had to do was step through it. She had a blind date in tow looking rather uncomfortable while we talked for the next thirty minutes.

The next weekend we went out. Three months after we met, we were engaged. Ten months after we met we were married. So I'm glad I went bungee jumping, even though I'd never, ever do it again.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:10 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
We were neighbors.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I am loving these stories. :-)

Old 03-02-2014, 03:04 PM

113 posts, read 337,339 times
Nice stories.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:12 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,737,138 times
LOL!!! Craigslist!! Three and a half years ago, I was going with a friend of mine to buy a washer and dryer from some guy who had them in a storage unit from when he was deployed to Iraq and she wanted me to come along since CL/storage units can be sketchy! Anyway, I was wearing a Decemberists t-shirt and he said to me, "The Decemberists are awesome" and started chatting with me while she looked at the washer and dryer. LOL! Turns out - he knows maybe two Decemberists tracks, but thought I was pretty. I always joke our relationship is built on lies bc he doesn't really think the Decemberists are awesome.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am loving these stories. :-)
I am enjoying rereading them myself

Old 02-08-2018, 09:30 PM

334 posts, read 1,282,791 times
Default 10 more years together! Going on 33 years! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNNative View Post
In 1982, I was passing by a restaurant next to the interstate that runs through our town when I saw the car of a guy that I had previously dated. Being single and still interested in him, I stopped and went in "non-chalantly" and when I saw him pretended I had just happened to run into him. Mike was sitting alone, and I stopped at his table to talk. After a short conversation, he stammered.."hon, I'm waiting on someone" as to hurry me away before his date arrived. While we were talking, I had glanced around and saw a handsome young man sitting alone over in the corner. In an effort to "save face" and not let Mike know I came in just to see him, I said "oh, I am too...he's right over there", and I said goodbye. I calmly walked over to the young man in the corner and said quietly, "would you please pretend you know me for just a minute?" He was a little stunned, but answered with "sure" and I slid into the seat across from him. He proceeded to ask my name, and told me he was traveling from his hometown in Indiana back to his new home in Florida. Our conversation went a little further as we exchanged general information, and I never even noticed that Mike had already left. By the time I started to leave, this young man told me he would walk me out. We stopped by the cashier's desk and I challenged him to a quick arcade game of Donkey Kong, and PacMan. He walked me out, and asked he could have my number in case he was ever passing through again, and I obliged. By that time, I was really interested in him, so when he gave me a kiss goodnight, he had my head spinning. We said our goodbyes and I thought that was the end of it.

The next morning, he called me. I was surprised and asked if he had already gotten back to Florida. He answered..."I stayed all night here....and before I leave, I was wondering if I could see you again"...I was on my way church that morning (truthfully!) and I told him if he would wait until church was over, I'd love to see him. After church, he was at the same restaurant where we had met waiting patiently on me. He left after we had lunch and went back to Florida. We dated for two and a half years long distance, and he were married in the spring of 1985.

Here we are...almost twenty five years after that night of destiny, three kids later....and still TOTALLY in love.

I just came across this old post! Next month marks 33 years of marriage. Still going strong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships