Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:28 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
To go along with my other topic, Dating, I wanted to do this topic just for curiousity.
So.......where or how did you meet that "love of your life"?
For me, I truly got tired of what I had been meeting in local country/western nightclubs (I'm the former rodeo man), so, I decided to placed a Personal Ad in a local magazine. I put in the ad exactly the type of gal I was looking for, my hobbies/interests and told about myself........age, height, weight and that I had no tatoos or body piercings. I also talked some about my college education and my past as an ex-farmer from Indiana. My, now wife, answered my ad and THAT WAS IT..........we were married a year later.
Personal ads don't work for every person looking for that #1 person, but it sure worked for me.

Im very happy for you
I met my boyfriend on the internet
with work, school, kids it was hard to meet someone
He actually found me he sent me a message I replied ..We went out for coffee...
and now Im totally inlove with him...he loves me too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM

622 posts, read 1,666,060 times
We both ride sportbikes (motorcycles!) and we were a part of the same group (he was new to the group, and I had just gotten back into riding) and I decided to go out on a Wednesday bike night, and he was there as well.

We usually met up in a big parking lot, and once everyone got there, we'd all ride out together wherever we were going.. Well, he and I were both a little early and we started talking and getting to know each other.. and well, that was it. That was 4 years ago. He's the love of my life.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM

14 posts, read 28,066 times
Some lovely stories... keeps me feeling excited and open minded about how I may meet someone one day Please keep this thread alive.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM

727 posts, read 540,515 times
Does my "boyfriend" count? I saw him walking and his black ponytail shine on the sun After that I saw him on food store and library and street and later also school and bar. You see we just do not stop seeing each others so we should get married.. I think it is good reason enough.. Why to go to library to snagging if you can keep it home all the time?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
We met 12 years ago on an online matchmaking site. He sent me a couple of emails, but I deleted them because I just had a bad experience with another online guy and wasn't really looking to meet anyone. I thought he would be too short, nor did I think we would be compatible based on his career (he was an executive/in sales and I primarily dated guys in law enforcement or the military.)

He sent a 3rd email which caught my attention, so I responded by teasing him about his persistence. We did the "instant messaging" thing for about an hour, then he asked if I could call him that night, as he wasn't a fan of IMing. We spoke for a bit on the phone and he then rationalized with me why we should meet for drinks sooner than later...two days later. As they say, the rest is history.

One of the things I LOVE about my husband is that he's pragmatic.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,114,585 times
We met in a chatroom - got to be friends - then it happened that I was in his neck-of-the-woods for a weekend so we decided to meet before I headed back home. That was over 13 years ago. Saturday was our 13th anniversary of me moving in.

Some day, he promises me, the honeymoon will be over; but I'm not counting on it. I feel the same giggly, butterflies in stomach way for him now as I did back then. I was 48 then, I'm 61 now.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
hmm. I met my EX husband in High School. We were always trying to prove everyone wrong, that we were right for one another. Including our engagement, we were together for 17 years. That sounds like such a large chunk of change to me.

Well, everyone WAS right. He was my second REAL boyfriends and we married and had two kids... It ended badly and stayed that way for quite some time. We are friends now and all is well.

The man I am with now and love more than words.... oh goodness, here we go.

So, I was encouraged to sign up with facebook but I really didn't want to. I did it anyway and rarely got on there. After several months of an empty page I went ahead and put my pic up there. I put one of my son and I.

Then I was encouraged to start playing Mafia Wars.... didn't wanna do that either, lol.

So, I began. I played the game and got pretty good. There was this one girl who also played and she was on there all the time. She was always posting other people's wars, and helping in every ones wars. I suppose one day she posted one of my wars and one of her other friends helped me win my war.

Later that night, I got a friend request from him. I messaged him back asking if I knew him from anywhere and he said no, just that he helped in my war. I thanked him.

I accepted his friend request and that night we messaged back and fourth for a good amount of time. He was in a bad relationship and so was I.

Over the months we became good friends, telling one another our thoughts and fears, hopes and dreams.

We were there for each other no matter what. Good day, bad day, complaining, whatever.

I began to learn so much about him, in the way that he posted and things he said. Also, of course, from our discussions.

I often wondered why I couldn't find a man like him.... Then I began to wonder why the Lord would place HIM in front of me, knowing I could not ever be with him I started to get in the mindset that I never wanted to be loved again because it only caused hurt and pain. I went back to college and focused on my studies. We remained friends, and I basically was on facebook A , talking to him or reading his page.

He started commenting on my pictures and he never had before. I would smile and thank him. Still in the mind set I did not want to be loved.

He began saying things to me that showed he cared about me but I could not see it for the hand in front of my face. If I read between the lines it was everywhere. But I didn't. I was not ready for that.

I went back several months later and went through all of my messages with him just shaking my head. It was so obvious he was trying to tell me how he felt.

I told him one day I would never find 'The One'. He said to me, "He is all around you, he just cannot reach you. He will find you, I promise. =) ." I read that and smiled at my phone, as it was a text. I thought to myself, yep, you are right there. Of course we were states away so I knew better.

He told me to stop looking so hard. A few days later he told me he had fallen in love with me within the last few months. I was in a little bit of a shock and could not believe my eyes. I answered him finally twenty minutes later, letting him know I felt the same, and saying it was him all along, he was everywhere. He said yes, it was me all along... <3

So now we have come through the obstacles and road blocks and we are together. My life has not ever been happier or with so much love. I plan on spending all of my days with him.... =)

Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,663 times
My Hubby and I met on world of Warcraft! Lol yes the game! He was in las vegas and i was in taiwan. Talk about all the way around the world. Had a long distance relationship for about a year before we finally met up face to face in Germany for Easter break!

Now married, just gave birth to our son

Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,967 times
I met my husband when I was 14, he was dating my best friend at the time. We started dating in 2000 married in 2001.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,379,456 times
My ex and I: Our fathers knew each other
My current wife and I: My oldest daughter and her son dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships