Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Makes total sense, JJ, but I don't think you're going to find an actual guy who'll say that to you.
Of course they aren't going to say it that way, but it can be understood.

That's what fwb is about, right? I'll do you, but don't want to be stuck with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Maybe I'm in the minority, but yes I consider it a HUGE insult for a man to tell me he's only interested in sex. At least they're being honest and I can dismiss them.
I don't think you're in the minority. Yes, it's insulting. Who wants to just be used for sex?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:43 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't think you're in the minority. Yes, it's insulting. Who wants to just be used for sex?
I do !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I do !!!!!!!!!!!
Of course you do...

I don't. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Of course you do...

I don't. Different strokes for different folks.
I think that if you weren't getting any for a while you would be open to it. This is where most women lie openingly or too themselves.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I think that if you weren't getting any for a while you would be open to it. This is where most women lie openingly or too themselves.
I've gone a couple years without sex previously when I was younger. Never used anyone and tossed them aside.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Of course they aren't going to say it that way, but it can be understood.

That's what fwb is about, right? I'll do you, but don't want to be stuck with you.
Dunno. FWB is an alternative - a poor alternative - to a relationship. But it's also better than nothing.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There are all types.

I have never met a man where I would 'settle' for a sex only relationship instead of a real relationship if that's what I wanted. Not one.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but yes I consider it a HUGE insult for a man to tell me he's only interested in sex. At least they're being honest and I can dismiss them.
Agreed. Even in my current dry spell, I have no interest in being a booty call. That's not the least bit flattering.

Online dating is a great way for women to get rejected-average less than one profile view a day, send winks or e-mails to either no response or the canned "thanks, but no thanks" message from Match, etc definitely feels like rejection.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
there is nothing contradictory about these two statements and they both seem reasonable to me

it's like you guys are searching for something to disagree over
Exactly! Big difference between 'I don't want to have sex with you' (which, really, I wouldn't mind) and 'I JUST want to have sex with you' (insult, no thank you). The former is saying 'Not interested in a physical relationship, no big deal' the latter is saying 'you're attractive, but the only thing you're bringing to the table is your vagina, and I would like to use it with no regards to what it's attached to'. Some people may be into that and it blossoms into a wonderful physical relationship and that's fantastic. It's just not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Perhaps you are unique in that regard, but it seems to me that almost all women on this planet would be insulted if a guy came up to them and said "I dont want to have sex with you". Thats likely the worst thing you can say to a woman. There is a reason most take two and a half hours to get ready before they leave the house, and that is to make themselves look attractive to men.
The worst thing you could say to a woman? No way. Not even close. You know what would hurt me far more than that? Saying my sheet metal work is shoddy.

2-1/2 hours?! Not even my super high maintenance friends take that long. Even if I take my time and include shower AND straightening my hair it takes me less than 1-1/2 hours to get ready for an even. I can't imagine wasting that much time on 'looking purdy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I've gone nearly a year without sex of any sort. Only kissed one person in that time period as well. I have a ridiculously high sex drive, but I also have this crazy thing called will power.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:33 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
SO what's the big deal about getting rejected anyway?

And why is it always the women/girls who do the rejecting?..
Sometimes its the "how" of being rejected as much as the "why". No one likes to be humiliated in a rejection, like being laughed at by the person you're seeking or their peers, or being stood up for a date, or being told you just weren't good enough in not so subtle ways.

Some people just suck at rejecting without coming off as rude. Sure some people don't take rejection well and its normal, its part of the healing process. I've wondered if people weren't prepared to handle rejection. I sure as hell wasn't despite being raised by mostly women and the brainwashing media box on how to date, but once you are willing to learn how to deal with it - it won't be so painful. Takes time though. I've had more than my fair share of cruel rejections under various circumstances that I want to remember.

Second question, its women who are usually sought after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships