Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 08:54 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,967,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Rep!
Having sex with random people usually doesnt result in great sex. One of the reasons I havent had a one night stand since I was 20. It takes a while to get to know what works for your partner and it almost always results in heights that a one night stand could never achieve
I disagree with this. People who are good at sex are good at it. For us men, a new partner is simply more stimulating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
You know, sometimes things taken out of context, seem really out of whack, but when looked aat as part of an ongoing conversation, they make a whole lot more sense. I will rewrite my original statement and claim that mans goal in life is to get laid. It isnt the only goal, its just a primary goal. You further your careers, in order to get laid, you make as much money as you can, in order to get laid, you buy sports cars in order to get laid, you come up with inventions in order to get laid, you spend billions of dollars every year in order to be better at getting laid, you buy designer clothes in order to get laid, at times you are nice to people in order to get laid, at times you act like a jerk in order to get laid, you learn one liners in order to get laid, you come up with made up stories in order to get laid. Yet, most guys dont have the balls to admit it. As if male sex drive and sexuality in general, was something to be ashamed of. It isnt. you should be able to openly speak about it, and be proud of it.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:47 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You know, sometimes things taken out of context, seem really out of whack, but when looked aat as part of an ongoing conversation, they make a whole lot more sense. I will rewrite my original statement and claim that mans goal in life is to get laid. It isnt the only goal, its just a primary goal. You further your careers, in order to get laid, you make as much money as you can, in order to get laid, you buy sports cars in order to get laid, you come up with inventions in order to get laid, you spend billions of dollars every year in order to be better at getting laid, you buy designer clothes in order to get laid, at times you are nice to people in order to get laid, at times you act like a jerk in order to get laid, you learn one liners in order to get laid, you come up with made up stories in order to get laid. Yet, most guys dont have the balls to admit it. As if male sex drive and sexuality in general, was something to be ashamed of. It isnt. you should be able to openly speak about it, and be proud of it.
Its like what Chris Rock's boss told him in that movie, I think I love my wife. "You can lose money chasing women, but you'll never lose women chasing money.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyes View Post
But if Knight was suddenly handed an amazing body and a way with women would he hold the same view(sounds like a cheesy 80's movie)?
Even in the hypothetical scenario above, nothing would change, for me personally -- as I believe that the primary purpose of intercourse is for procreation, and ideally in the context of a loving, permanent committed relationship with a beloved wife. I have no interest or need to have physical intimacy with anyone, outside of a stable, lasting marital relationship. If and when in the future I have the blessing of a marriage and a loving wife, I will view that loving bond as sacred, eternal, and unbreakable, with the only reasons for a potential ending of that relationship being adultery or abuse (and even then in the cases of the latter, I would still try very, very hard to save the marriage).

I freely acknowledge and understand that others' views may differ on the subject, and that is perfectly fine as well -- I would never seek to impose my own beliefs on others ("Judge not; lest ye be judged"). To each his or her own I realize that what works for me in my case may not work for others, and I certainly do not presume to see my way as "the only way". I can only know what works best personally for me, based on my own individual emotional permanent, and to that extent, can only be true to that for myself.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Its like what Chris Rock's boss told him in that movie, I think I love my wife. "You can lose money chasing women, but you'll never lose women chasing money."
Interesting quote.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Honestly - this may be how YOU feel but I highly doubt that this is how ALL or even MOST men feel. Many men actually want things like love and family - not just sex. How do I know? Because I know lots of guys that could get laid all the time - but put more value on quality than quantity. I know lots of guys who want to get married and start a family - not just want to get as many women as they can. This may be your M.O. - but I don't think you can really speak for all men any more than any of us can speak for anyone other than ourselves.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:19 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Quote:

A lot of this is the truth though. When you peel back what most men's goals or things they do or want in life it almost always comes back in some way to getting women or sex

Old 09-04-2012, 01:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A lot of this is the truth though. When you peel back what most men's goals or things they do or want in life it almost always comes back in some way to getting women or sex
But there is a big difference between women and sex. There is a difference between looking for a woman and just looking for sex.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
In my opinion, women must like what they are currently getting if they are unwilling to be more honest, as a form of moral and respect toward fellow human beings, and simply fornicate us into relationships whenever they find us in between girlfriends. In my case, they are always welcome to claim it is something nice girl friends should always be good for since only bad girls are willing to let us miss our turn.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But there is a big difference between women and sex. There is a difference between looking for a woman and just looking for sex.
There is absolutely no difference at all, but so many simply dont get that. Men want to get married, so they dont have to chase women every other night in order to get laid. Im not speaking for all men, im speaking only for myself and sharing my opinion on what it is tha tmen want. You have to be able to look beyind whats acceptable and nice to say. Its like arguing with someone who believes in tooth fairies, santa claus, and that men approach women not becaseu they're sexualy attracted to them, but becasue they want to get to know their personality. Im sorry but all of that is simply fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships