Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
the thing is though, why do most men and women try to get the best looking partner as possible?

if it's not for the sex , then what?
To impress other people. To make themselves feel better. etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,776 times
Quote:
ikr ? - what does that stand for?
Stands for "I know, right?".

Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,840,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
To impress other people. To make themselves feel better. etc
that's true , so we are all just shallow when it comes down to it.

we either want a hot chick or guy to satisfy us in bed, or make us look good.

whatever happened to sweet young love and walks in the forest at dawn?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
that's true , so we are all just shallow when it comes down to it.

we either want a hot chick or guy to satisfy us in bed, or make us look good.

whatever happened to sweet young love and walks in the forest at dawn?
Not really. I've dated some unattractive men. They were nice guys, though.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yes, I also know a couple guys like that...they're all bible thumpers. I can only say religion had something with that. And they've told me they want to get married as soon as possible. They all did. I can't tell you if they are happy or not.

Invaluable tool to have. What do you do that entitles you to work with men from all walks of life?
The guy in question in my story isn't religious at all, he's just always wanted a family.

I'm a mechanic by trade, specifically in aviation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Not really. I've dated some unattractive men. They were nice guys, though.
Me too In fact, my friends all joke with me about my 'choice' in men. I've never gone after the pretty boys, I've always gone after the nerdy, mainstream unattractive men. I like quirkiness and 'normal' guys rarely have what I look for.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
I hope you don't think all men are bad like that but, I can see why women think that way. Sadly, I feel that the reason I may continue to struggle finding a woman is because I may be viewed as too old-school, too much of a nice guy, and not "rough" enough.

Studies and reports have been done where its basically concluded that women would much rather have a "bad boy" as a boyfriend/spouse or whatever than a "nice guy". Maybe that's why Rhianna can't get enough of Chris Brown?
And you believe those studies? If what they say were true, only bad boys would be married or paired up, and the good guys would all be single. We've had umpteen threads on this topic, and women post they're married to nice guys. All the women I know avoid bad boys like the plague. The only people who volunteer for abuse, emotional or physical, are women with broken self esteem, mostly due to coming from an abusive home environment.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yes, I also know a couple guys like that...they're all bible thumpers. I can only say religion had something with that. And they've told me they want to get married as soon as possible. They all did. I can't tell you if they are happy or not.

Invaluable tool to have. What do you do that entitles you to work with men from all walks of life?
I guess I would be one of those 'bible thumpers', but I'm not looking for marriage anytime soon.

Like I said, banging a bunch of broads has never been a goal in my life.

Quote:
the thing is though, why do most men and women try to get the best looking partner as possible?

if it's not for the sex , then what?
Maybe because they're hot?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The guy in question in my story isn't religious at all, he's just always wanted a family.

I'm a mechanic by trade, specifically in aviation.

Me too In fact, my friends all joke with me about my 'choice' in men. I've never gone after the pretty boys, I've always gone after the nerdy, mainstream unattractive men. I like quirkiness and 'normal' guys rarely have what I look for.
I have a soft spot for these guys. They don't treat me like a challenge.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM

632 posts, read 1,180,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I guess I would be one of those 'bible thumpers', but I'm not looking for marriage anytime soon.

Like I said, banging a bunch of broads has never been a goal in my life.

Maybe because they're hot?
For the bold, touche. As for why we go after beautiful women, we're men after all (as its been mentioned) and we are naturally attracted to them. The woman that I have a crush on and feelings for happens to be attractive, has a great personality, and I enjoy being with her overall.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 PM

78 posts, read 120,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Even in the hypothetical scenario above, nothing would change, for me personally -- as I believe that the primary purpose of intercourse is for procreation, and ideally in the context of a loving, permanent committed relationship with a beloved wife. I have no interest or need to have physical intimacy with anyone, outside of a stable, lasting marital relationship. If and when in the future I have the blessing of a marriage and a loving wife, I will view that loving bond as sacred, eternal, and unbreakable, with the only reasons for a potential ending of that relationship being adultery or abuse (and even then in the cases of the latter, I would still try very, very hard to save the marriage).

I freely acknowledge and understand that others' views may differ on the subject, and that is perfectly fine as well -- I would never seek to impose my own beliefs on others ("Judge not; lest ye be judged"). To each his or her own I realize that what works for me in my case may not work for others, and I certainly do not presume to see my way as "the only way". I can only know what works best personally for me, based on my own individual emotional permanent, and to that extent, can only be true to that for myself.
I looked back at some of your other posts and realized you have and will have the same stance(which is very respectable). I guess the only point I have remaining would be if you had girls throwing themselves at you you may have broken by now. I hope you find it soon, but if it's better later than never. Good luck sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships