Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'll give you a lesson - and this is for both guys and girls - if the object of your affection is ignoring you (esp. repeatedly), take it as a sign of disinterest and move on. That doesn't mean she thinks you're a creep though. Just not interested. Some women and men will do it this way and some women will tell you with their words.
Good advice. I just want to add that I think men get the idea that they can "win over" a woman's heart because they see it happen successfully the moves, but it's simply not true in REAL LIFE.

In fact, I HATE romance moves because they distort reality for men and women. I mean, why in the world do so many women really think there is living, breathing, prince charming? So many women have kicked decent guys to the curb all because he did not live up to their fantasy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't have this experience. I have been cursed out, called some choice names, more times than I can count for not responding to some lame come-on.
I believe you.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Bummer, isn't it?

Just like 'gold diggers' and women who lie give good women a bad name.

All you can do is be yourself and hope for the best.
The stigma is vastly different. A woman can proudly proclaim that she's a gold digger and she will get approval (at least from other women who are like her) and help to find rich men, on the other hand, men who are genuine creeps are ostracized from society and they are treated like scum.

Really, when is the last time a woman got arrested on the suspicion for being a gold digger?

Books to help women find rich men:

The Art of Gold Digging by Tariq Nasheed

The Art Of Gold Digging: Tariq "King Flex" Nasheed: 9780971135321: Amazon.com: Books

Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
If I am not interested, why do I need to give you feedback and an evaluation on why I am not interested. If you want feedback, try speed dating or a matchmaking service, not picking up strangers.
It does help. Long time ago a woman I was interested in flat out told me my teeth needed braces so she turned me down over that.

I got my braces ( and teeth whitened) and my smile is 1000X better! I wish I could meet the lady today and thank her.

But by all means, if a man is being rude then just leave. He's doing himself the disservice.

Last edited by calicali01; 10-03-2012 at 12:49 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
yes, i will admit, and say that my misogynistic rants, angry rants, make me a bad, negative person, but i'm sure just about everyone, even me, has good in them, i believe most humans have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde side to them(Mrs. Hyde you can include that too)

Your rants are anything but misogynistic. You, along with myself at times display anger which is a legitimate, valid, appropriate response to some form of injustice.

The injustice in this case is being labeled a creep, or being unfairly accused of sexual harassment for simply approaching women that we desire.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
The Art of Flirting is really no more than The Art Of Conversation. I'm amazed at how few men are good conversationalists. Most of them know how to talk about business, their golf game, and what they saw on ESPN last night. And that's it. C'mon guys. Read more books. Travel. Try a few different things. Life's a banquet and you poor sons of ******* are starving to death.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Not at all. It is totally a learned behavior. I recommend. Next time you are at a bar or a party, spend some time people watching. Take a look at the interactions and body language. Listen to the conversations. It sounds creepy, but you'll see how some people are more successful. And other people are not. Some come across as genuine. Others come across as sleazy...

lol......

Old 10-03-2012, 12:58 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The Art of Flirting is really no more than The Art Of Conversation. I'm amazed at how few men are good conversationalists. Most of them know how to talk about business, their golf game, and what they saw on ESPN last night. And that's it. C'mon guys. Read more books. Travel. Try a few different things. Life's a banquet and you poor sons of ******* are starving to death.
Well of course people talk a lot and well enough about stuff they do and what they are interested in.

I'm mean its just a matter of simple small talk or finding a better circle of people who share the same interest.

I don't think you need to be the worlds most interesting man be good at small talk.

ps. My mother is not a @#$%&

Old 10-03-2012, 01:02 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Well of course people talk a lot and well enough about stuff they do and what they are interested in.

I'm mean its just a matter of simple small talk or finding a better circle of people who share the same interest.

I don't think you need to be the worlds most interesting man be good at small talk.

ps. My mother is not a @#$%&
Hahahah.

Your point is well-taken. But, c'mon. Lots of guys on this message board whine all the time about how they can't get a woman interested in them. I bet if we tape recorded their forays, it would likely reveal some boring-assed conversationalists. I mean, I don't care how good looking you are. If all you've got is sports and what you did at the office that day, she's going to lose interest in a hurry. Maybe not after the first date. But soon enough.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
And that's because in American culture these are the only avenues were men are able to talk freely about how they truly feel and not have any fear of being reprimanded for saying the wrong thing.

For example, ANY criticism against women (even if it's valid!) and you will be placed in the misogynistic category. Any shots against religion and people will believe you're some devil worshiper and that you're going to hell. Any comments about a specific race and you're thrown into the raciest category.

Americans are just a bunch of people who either can't take a joke, or they take things too seriously, so Americans are only confined to talk about neutral subjects such as the weather, or sports, which pretty much explains why America is such a BORING, depressing, brain dead country.

Oh how I long to move to Europe to get away from this .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships