Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM

73 posts, read 46,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It's more acceptable for a woman to play Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic?
it's not as clear cut as that, but adult men do have slightly different thought processes.

for one to still play with adolescent hobbies is not a great sign IMO.

women have more leeway here due to their inherently different nature.

Rather similar to the way in which girls can kiss their friends, but men cannot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-law View Post
it's not as clear cut as that, but adult men do have slightly different thought processes.

Rather similar to the way in which girls can kiss their friends, but men cannot.
Men kiss their friends in Europe all the time...it's only American machismo culture that sees such a thing as too feminine.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-law View Post

Dude are you stoned or something? What does playing Pokemon or Magic have to do with gender roles? A hobby for teens is a hobby for teens. You remind me of a poster who suffered a such a severe case of testosterone poisoning that most of the things he said never made any sense.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM

73 posts, read 46,177 times
which poster would that be?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Honestly the cards are the least important thing, I enjoy it when people have odd hobbies. I myself am a tabletop wargamer, which is far wierder, and I love it. Basically I collect, assemble, customize and paint miniatures that one can then set against other people's armies in strategy combat.

Stormguard | Privateer Press For a quick example of the kind of things you can collect.

Basically enjoy your hobbies and don't let anyone tell you you're too old or too young to do X or Y. People to toss a ball around and wrestle with other guys on a field and yet they aren't called childish at all.
I don't know why other people care so much about such crap any ways. It's not as if these people are rapists or serial killers. If you don't want to date or be around someone who likes "childish" hobbies then don't. Problem solved.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,925 times
#12 is kinda creepy, but I used to have a long-term friend with that, so. And how can he not believe in the government (#1)? Does he just not agree with them? If he really denies their existence then I'm denying him my time.

Otherwise, he seems decent enough. He reminds me of an HS teacher I once had, very hard working and studious, even intelligent, but too weird for most students' taste. He came off as a lonely attention-seeker who constantly mentioned military rules for some reason.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I didn't make it past #1.

No.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Nope. Nope. Nope.

Unh uh. No way.

Worse, I suspect on a lot of subjects you are "in to", if someone with knowledge in those areas would ask you and a question, you would probably have no idea.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videojob8 View Post
1. The guy is into conspiracy theories and doesn't really believe the media and the government.
2. The guy has a BMW and a Nissan in his garage.
3. The guy is Native American, Asian, Black and White mixed.
4. He has black hair and dark brown eyes.
5. Has a thin body type.
6. Agnostic but likes and is interested in Confucianism and Buddhism
7. Likes Meditation music and World music
8. Doesn't have a job but is a University student
9. In his early 20's.
10. Likes to play with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards
11. Believes that the Earth is hollow and that there is a cave on Earth that leads to a lost paradise
12. Likes to do Tarot readings
13. Quiet and shy but has a good sense of humor once opened up.
14. Independent
15. Thinks that women should get payed the same amount as men.
16. Thinks that gays should be allowed to be married.
17. Not a coffee drinker.
18. Thinks that nice guys finish last.
19. Likes to meditate and hardly ever gets angry.
20. Never had sex before

Women, honest opinions about this guy. What do you think of him?
Thank you.
Anyone who isn't sort of agreeing with #1 needs to seriously educate themselves.
#2 and #10 are total turn-offs.
#12...well, it would depend on how much he liked doing that.
#20 is a little odd, but not a deal-breaker.
#5...I like muscular, defined men.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
#12 is kinda creepy, but I used to have a long-term friend with that, so. And how can he not believe in the government (#1)? Does he just not agree with them? If he really denies their existence then I'm denying him my time.

Otherwise, he seems decent enough. He reminds me of an HS teacher I once had, very hard working and studious, even intelligent, but too weird for most students' taste. He came off as a lonely attention-seeker who constantly mentioned military rules for some reason.
I don't think he is denying the existence of government. I think he is saying you shouldn't believe everything they tell you.
Which has already been proven in spades...if you pay any attention to history/current events.
And everyone knows the MSM is bought, paid-for, and has a huge agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships