Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I am amazed at the number of threads by men who seem downright angry at having to pay for dates--even first dates!

And usually, it doesn't seem to be about money. Rarely do the men who post these threads tell horror stories about being expected to fork out enormous sums. To most of them, it seems to be more a matter of principle. Having to spend money on women just seems to infuriate them, even when THEY asked for the date in the first place.

What gives with that?

They don't want to shell out any money, they feel entitled to free sex or anything else they want without any efforts on their part. That's what it boils down to.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,406 times
Likely so many guys became so hostile about being expected to pay for dates when gals got on similar footing financial. In my experience guys tend to think contributing anything to a gal other than his d*ck is putting her on a pedestal and tend to go for equality when it benefits his wallet.

More likely what gives is it seems some guys are feeling used for money and are getting an inkling on how some gals feel about being used for sex.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Well, feminism is all about equality - I think guys who resent that women are now equals also resent that this vestige of chivalry hasn't died away.
Which one do you want? Equality or preferential treatment? You can't have both.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM

601 posts, read 759,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said dates have to involve money? If guys are shelling out a lot of money on dates, they only have themselves to blame.
And what about the women who would rather pay their own way, because some guys tend to think they can buy sex by paying for dinner? What about the casual coffee date as a first date? There are so many alternatives to the classic dinner-and-entertainment date. I think TV and those dating shows are to blame for perpetuating a highly traditional view of dating.

btw, I've never been to a restaurant meal with a guy (except my dad, ha), where the waitress handed the bill to the guy. They only do that if it's obvious that the guy is in charge, like if the woman's really passive and lets the guy order. If the woman orders her meal and asks questions about the menu, and all that, the waitress puts the bill down in-between the man and the woman, on neutral ground.
Do you not recall the famous thread with a gang of women outraged how a guy this girl was dating always went to cheap or free places??

I personally have an issue with someone raving equality yet turn the other cheek and expect traditional treatment.
Lets keep things in perspective.
If you dont like it, find a guy who will feed that ego.
I personallly have toooooooo much going on in my life to chase women. Shes either into it or shes not. if she is, we'll work together on sharing the bill.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,321,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I am amazed at the number of threads by men who seem downright angry at having to pay for dates--even first dates!

And usually, it doesn't seem to be about money. Rarely do the men who post these threads tell horror stories about being expected to fork out enormous sums. To most of them, it seems to be more a matter of principle. Having to spend money on women just seems to infuriate them, even when THEY asked for the date in the first place.

What gives with that?

In a nutshell: dud dads while growing up.

They had crappy parenting, or zero parenting/male influence.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Which one do you want? Equality or preferential treatment? You can't have both.
AMEN!!!!
No cherry picking

Old 10-14-2012, 06:20 PM

The outrage! how dare we ask women to pay for their own entertainment ughh whats gotten into men goshh lol

Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
The outrage! how dare we ask women to pay for their own entertainment ughh whats gotten into men goshh lol
If this thread was about women being hostile the responses would be a lot different.

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said dates have to involve money? If guys are shelling out a lot of money on dates, they only have themselves to blame.
And what about the women who would rather pay their own way, because some guys tend to think they can buy sex by paying for dinner? What about the casual coffee date as a first date? There are so many alternatives to the classic dinner-and-entertainment date. I think TV and those dating shows are to blame for perpetuating a highly traditional view of dating.

btw, I've never been to a restaurant meal with a guy (except my dad, ha), where the waitress handed the bill to the guy. They only do that if it's obvious that the guy is in charge, like if the woman's really passive and lets the guy order. If the woman orders her meal and asks questions about the menu, and all that, the waitress puts the bill down in-between the man and the woman, on neutral ground.
Ugh, I've had soooo many waiters/waitresses automatically assume my guy friends or my ex were paying, even after they saw me pull out MY card and give it to them (or put it in those little receipt sleeve thingies), saw MY name on the receipt and would STILL give him the receipt to sign.

2,560 posts, read 2,640,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
AMEN!!!!
No cherry picking
Unlikely to happen as it's seems to be a people thing to cherry pick however seems most consider it a gender thing exclusive to gals....yeah like all the guys talking about equality when it comes to paying for dinners/dates are touting the same when it comes to the **** double standard or the men wear the pants role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships