Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 04:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times

Advertisements

The people wonder why the divorce rate is so high

Utterly stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayomi View Post
Hi guys, I need fresh eyes to look at this situation, as it is bugging me constantly.

I've been engaged to this guy for about 20 months, and we got engaged after 2-3 months of dating. Even though I was a virgin at 25 when we met, he has always suspected me. He grilled me several times and at the beginning, wanting to know what specifically I had "done" in the past, even going as far as to asking if I was gay...
...at which point you should have done what I'm going to tell you to do now, which is kick his domineering, suspicious, disrespectful, deceitful, dishonest, reprehensible, delusional, creepazoid arse to the curb.

Oh, and collect your self-respect at the door on the way out.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
This guy has some deep personal issues that turn your lives into hell, not matter how much you love each other.

More basically, ask yourself why you intend to marry him knowing him as you do?

Do you believe you deserve hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Let me be frank.....YOU'RE AN COMPLETE IDIOT IF YOU MARRY THIS PERSON. I GUARANTEE IT WILL END IN DIVORCE AND YOU WILL BE MORE MISERABLE THAN YOU ARE NOW.

Yes, I said GUARANTEED divorce. 50% of marriages end in divorce anyway and most of them don't start off with the issues you're facing.

Don't be stupid. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
THEY. ARE ALL. READY. MARRIED.

Read the thread people.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The people wonder why the divorce rate is so high

Utterly stupid.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,888 times
Wow you're going to marry this guy?????????????

Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Wow you're going to marry this guy?????????????
They're already married, they just haven't had a church wedding yet. The OP was a bit unclear as to the difference between "engagement" and "marriage", but she gets it now.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
You attract what you "deserve".

I do not mean you are a bad person at all, I only mean that the universe brings you what your subconscious 'wants'.

If you do not know your own mind, and purposefully say to yourself "I want this kind of guy" then you are going to end up with someone who you dont want. (see below what I mean)

In the end, it is all about knowing yourself and when you know yourself, you will attract the correct match for yourself. This is firstly because you know what you want and secondly you put out the correct kind of messages. As an example, if you decide that you will have no 'play-boys' (guys who play around) then that is in your attitude and your manner of approach to new potential relationship matches. Similarly, this extends to jealousy-types too. Remember that men like to have boundaries and they like knowing (from their wives) where those boundaries lie.

Often these jealousy-type people are very insecure and so if you have already got married (palm hits forehead!) then you have to help him to be more secure in himself which is the problem. I suspect that he will turn very soon into a wife-batterer and you will have to leave but that is just my initial impression. I think that jealous types may not be able to express themselves very well and so may resort to violence as the only way they can express themselves.

They say that women marry men like their father and men marry women like their mother - until they have resolved the issues associated with parent figures. I dont know how much truth there is in this but certainly I can see aspects of my wife's father in me and aspects of my mother in her, so maybe there is more truth in this than we care to believe. So, if either of your parents were extremely controlling, then you need to resolve this aspect in yourself before getting into your own relationships. Otherwise you will attract people who help you resolve those issues in your life.

If you have already got married, then I should research where you can go where you are safe and on no account tell him where it is! Also, get a back door key cut and hide it well. Good luck.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:59 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,041,088 times
Dear OP,
Please come back to this thread when you get divorced so we can all said "We told you so".

Good luck, you're gonna need it!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
I guess I do love him at the end of the day. He has some great qualities apart from these, and these are minor faults of his which I have seen improvements from time to time. My hope is that we can resolve these issues, and live peacefully together without looking over shoulders for the rest of our lives. Does this sound naive?
Are you crazy?
Minor faults, these are not minor faults.

Naive and stupid, to be honest.
Do not marry him.
Walk away, now.

I hate to say this, but I see more emotional, and perhaps physical, abuse in your future.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
The thread I linked to was created by him, not me. Yes I did't mention the legal marriage because like I said earlier, it was brough forward for some reasons, and I don't consider it that important because of this.
So, the whole thread is bull-poop.
You get what you deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
THEY. ARE ALL. READY. MARRIED.

Read the thread people.
When we respond to a post at the beginning of a thread, it gets posted at the current end.

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-02-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships