Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times

Advertisements

Physically?

6 pack

Nice clothes

That's about it. If you're an ugly dude and don't have either 1 of those, no woman will invest any time in you. I know first hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,136,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Physically?

6 pack

Nice clothes

That's about it. If you're an ugly dude and don't have either 1 of those, no woman will invest any time in you. I know first hand.
Even with a six pack, you can't really see that with clothes on. You wouldn't be able to stand out from the many other men who are regularly fit. I have an aquainatance who is an amateur/professional wrestler who works out HARD six days a week for years and women like his body I'm sure, but they don't throw themselves on him.

Clothes from my experience don't matter either. But might as well try it. Go to the mall and buy some nice clothes. Wouldn't hurt to try. Cheap fix.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,601,852 times
Wearing better clothes (that fit), eating healthier and exercising regularly (and not just meathead stuff) will help a bit. However, if you don't give off a confident and positive vibe, along with having a sense of humor...better clothes, gym and food won't do you much good. Be sure that you're genuinely happy with your decisions for attempted self-improvement; don't just start wearing Brooks Brothers and Kenneth Cole for the hell of it. Everyone has his or her own style and preferences.

With that said...at the end of the day, a woman's either going to be attracted to you, or she's not. Period. Clothes/confidence/humor will only improve your percentages a little bit. For the average guy - only about 0.1% - 1% of women will potentially be attracted to him.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Even with a six pack, you can't really see that with clothes on. You wouldn't be able to stand out from the many other men who are regularly fit. I have an aquainatance who is an amateur/professional wrestler who works out HARD six days a week for years and women like his body I'm sure, but they don't throw themselves on him.

Clothes from my experience don't matter either. But might as well try it. Go to the mall and buy some nice clothes. Wouldn't hurt to try. Cheap fix.
Clothes can show a very lean torso, which women can think about what's under the shirt. You may not need a 6 pack, but if you can give women the day dream that you have a 6 pack, it's going to help.

I didn't say expensive clothes lol. You can go to Wal-Mart, Macy's, JC penny etc, and find decent clothes that can make you look nice.

Now the cat I'm watching is talking to me a bunch. I thought I have it food and water last night before I went to bed. Guess I'll find out what she wants now.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 AM

101 posts, read 250,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Work so hard that you're the big man in the office. While anyone can be attracted to a pretty face, I think men are more wired for that.

For women, power and the the ability to take care of her/the family are attractive. It may make most women look like gold diggers, but that's how we're built.

Men have muscles and are made sturdier so they can hunt and feed the family.

Women have curves and softer features because they provide most of the tenderness and caring.

Sure roles are reversed or equal now, but that's how it is in general.

Oh and smell nice Personally, I go crazy over some men's cologne...

Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

I didn't say expensive clothes lol. You can go to Wal-Mart, Macy's, JC penny etc, and find decent clothes that can make you look nice.
Well. I have moderately expensive clothes and it doesn't help.

I would hope all intelligent men know not to dress like slobs.

So, basically, we're saying there is nothing you can do to improve if you are not an out of shape slob.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,510,142 times
Play up what you have. Some guys look great in fitted shirts and designer jeans. I like my husband best in weekend cargo pants and a tshirt. There's a guy on my street who looks silly in his high priced suits but put him in a plaid flannel and Levi's and he's kind of hot.

Figure out your own style and ask your sister or a girl who's a friend (someone elses girlfriend or wife will tell you the truth) what looks best on you.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
Work so hard that you're the big man in the office. While anyone can be attracted to a pretty face, I think men are more wired for that.

For women, power and the the ability to take care of her/the family are attractive. It may make most women look like gold diggers, but that's how we're built.

This is funny.

I was having dinner with my friend and told him I wish I had been a doctor because it would have tremendously helped my chances with women (not that I'm in a low level career at all).

Then he said, "But then she wouldn't like you for you."

And then we both had a nice good laugh...

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
Play up what you have. Some guys look great in fitted shirts and designer jeans. I like my husband best in weekend cargo pants and a tshirt. There's a guy on my street who looks silly in his high priced suits but put him in a plaid flannel and Levi's and he's kind of hot.

Figure out your own style and ask your sister or a girl who's a friend (someone elses girlfriend or wife will tell you the truth) what looks best on you.
I will say, if you want to attract a CERTAIN TYPE of woman, clothes can help.

Hipster women are attracted to hipster men, etc.

My own style is semi-urban metrosexual with a hint of overgrown hipster thrown in...

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,248,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Before you do any of those things, stop thinking of yourself as ugly. That would be an excellent start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships