Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:45 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It is surprising, but IMO, it's stages of life we go through. In your teens/early 20s, your hormones are raging, so many people are looking at others solely based on appearance, not personalit. It's when you grow up and also hopefully mature as you grow up, that you realize the superficial stuff from your youth isn't as important.

It's not about going after the hotties and then being "used up" and "settling" for the guy who is reliable and has a good personality once you're 30, it's a matter of discovering what's important in the grand scheme of life.
Even so, there's a number of people who weren't mean to people when they were younger just based on how they looked.

And there's even some people who didn't base things on looks when they dated in their teens and 20s. I think a lot is based on how you were raised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:54 AM

101 posts, read 249,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
I've never used cologne. Does it actually have an effect? It seems a bit metro. Not that there's anything wrong with guys who use it. I just haven't ever thought of using it. Maybe I'd give it a try if people really recommended it.
I would definitely recommend it. As long as it's not overpowering. You don't have to wear it all the time. You can have the same scent for your shower gel and shaving cream. Works like magic. Try classics like Eternity and Acqua di Gio or newer ones like Lacoste Red.

P.S. It's only metro if you're prettier and better dressed than your date. Shhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

To marry the girl who wouldn't even talk to me in high school so she can cash my paychecks and get her nails done all day.
If you've changed, why couldn't she? Maybe she's more domesticated now. And does her own nails... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
I can't stand cologne, just a personal opinion, there are women who love it. I prefer men who just smell like soap or shaving cream or other man smells
I love cologne, but a man fresh out of the shower smells yummy as well

Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
In all seriousness though, assertiveness,confidence, and game. There's alot of "ugly" men who pull women because they have a great mouthpiece.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Be your best self

- dont consider yourself ugly, attractivness is highly subjective
- workout. dont even have to go to a gym, pick up a p90x program and workout at home. it will not only get you in great shape and make you look better, you will boost your self confidence, self esteem, and you will feel much happier overall. Extremely important not to leave this one out
- eat clean
-take care of your hygiene
- wear, clean and stylish clothes and most importantly clothes that are congruent with your personality. Youy dont have to buy expansive designer clothes either, just something fairly modern and in your style.
- work on your body language. Guys have no idea how huge of a role that plays in your level of attractivness. Walk around with your shoulders back, chin up and a slight smile on your face. Imagine you just won a lottery and walk like if you did.
- using cologne is fine, as long as you know how to find a great fragrance and never use to much. Just a drop or two, and use the same cologne if poossible. This way, this sc ent will always remind the women youve been with of you.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,716 times

Start working out which may help you to begin feeling good about yourself.

Whenever I have a feel ugly and fat day, I haul my self to the gym. Endorphins are the best drug in the world

Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Getting your hands on some money is probably the best option. Then buy yourself some expensive clothes and a nice car. After that, you won't have any problems with women. After all, they are remarkably superficial creatures.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Nice clothes, appealing personality. These things will help you go pretty far!

I always notice a well dressed man. In or out of type. After I notice the great outfit, then I notice the looks. And the outfit is 50 bonus points. A good personality is another 50 bonis points....so you are pretty ahead of the game with those 2 things.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
Quote:
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Being well groomed.
Having confidence
Being in shape
having a job
well dressed.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
Do what ugly girls do--------Hang out with dudes even uglier than you.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Get in the gym and on the squat rack. Do squats with perfect form, until your thighs and glutes are throbbing. 5 or 6 sets of 8-10 reps should do nicely. Hit some lunges, bicep curls, bench presses, deadlifts, abs, and some cardio, and try to eat relatively healthy. Get some flattering clothes. I can pretty much GUARANTEE you that you will be looking better if you do not cheat on any exercises.

Unfortunately, looking better does not always translate to getting the ladies. In my case, i worked really hard on improving my looks but it has not resulted in success with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships