Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM

521 posts, read 763,404 times

Advertisements

I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,392,038 times
My impression is that you've already SEEN this happen somewhere in your extended family, or that you watch the media too much.

In most cases, the answer is NO. Most couples just grow older together. If your husband is a douche bag, and something goes to his head or he has a mid-life crisis, he may do that. Most don't. On the other hand, you may want to ditch him if you find out he's a deadbeat or dysfunctional.

Are you banking on your looks? What else do you bring to the table?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM

78 posts, read 136,233 times
No, plenty of women still look hot well into their 30's, and 40's in some cases. Some look better.

The crucial point is that once you start getting old you must still look after yourself, eat well, exercise, and stay away from drugs.

It sounds obvious, but a lot don't do this and let themselves go once they get older. They become lazy.

If you actually have a bond then he wouldn't just trade you in for a 20 year old.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,719,853 times
Well its going to happen if you like it or not (age). So why worry? Don't pick a guy that constantly chases 19 year olds.
Learn how to have a healthy relationship. Learn how to find a healthy partner. Know that cheating can be a factor in any long term relationship for a myriad of reasons. So what if you get traded? There is more to life than staying partnered to someone. Don't build your life up around a guy. Have a full life outside of the relationship.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
My impression is that you've already SEEN this happen somewhere in your extended family, or that you watch the media too much.

In most cases, the answer is NO. Most couples just grow older together. If your husband is a douche bag, and something goes to his head or he has a mid-life crisis, he may do that. Most don't. On the other hand, you may want to ditch him if you find out he's a deadbeat or dysfunctional.

Are you banking on your looks? What else do you bring to the table?
Yes, I've seen this happen in my extended family. I don't know, it seems that men don't value women once we get to a certain age..it's really depressing to watch men in relationships disregard their wives/girlfriends for someone much younger...I fear this will happen to me, actually I think its inevitable

Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,681 times
Of course not. Its just that you will no longer have 5 or 6 guys competing for your attention, as in how things are when an attractive young female is 18-24.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,297,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
Don't be depressed redberry rose, when you meet a man who really loves and cares for you, you will look forever young in his eyes..It's very satisfying to age with a partner...the life experience and knowledge that you will gain together will be invaluable, and take it from me (WELL over 30) if there is lust in the beginning, it will never die.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Sorry, OP, I don't mean to be a jerk, but this is utterly ridiculous. Lots of people (including women, ha!) get married in their 30's and beyond. Oh, I remember now--you're living in a conservative part of the US, where everyone is married and having babies by their early 20's. You really should think about moving, if you can find a job in a more "normal", sane, liberal area.

1,871 posts, read 4,269,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
If you take care of yourself then you should be attractive for many years well beyond your 30's. Some women and men have even been known to look *better* as they get older. However, whether your husband will eventually "trade you in" depends upon the nature of your husband and your relationship in general.

Just being young and attractive doesn't guarantee sexual interest you know. I've know more than a few couples in which *both* partners were very attractive but one or both got bored and moved on. There's really no controlling physical attraction so you shouldn't obsess over it.

As other posters have suggested, make sure you develop your own interests so that you'll have more dimension to you than your physical presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Don't be depressed redberry rose, when you meet a man who really loves and cares for you, you will look forever young in his eyes..It's very satisfying to age with a partner...the life experience and knowledge that you will gain together will be invaluable, and take it from me (WELL over 30) if there is lust in the beginning, it will never die.
I've never witnessed such a thing but I won't lose hope that it may exist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships