Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 PM

650 posts, read 702,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I dont want to get off topic here but in NYC what you just stated is true. Plenty of men inflate womens egos here to the point she thinks she is miss it. Plenty of guys tell these women who are below a 5 that they are hot, sexy, damb ma, god bless you, can I go down on you. These type of women here are open to these type of topics. Sad thing is these women over time see themselves as hot stuff and feel they need a physically attractive guy and avoid average joes. Believe me walk down the streets of NY tou will see plenty of unattractive women with attractive men, sad thing is many attractive men have unattractive women on their strings just to sleep with. Unattractive women here egos are way to high for my taste here in NYC, thats why I joined CD ao that I can move to another city which has a better dating culture.
You got it down exactly the way that it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I don't see it as going for "low hanging fruit." I just see it as being realistic.
I think at some level everyone would agree. The most alpha guys on here wouldn't realistically hit on Jessica Alba thinking they had a chance.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM

664 posts, read 774,534 times
Men can't win either way. Either you have too high standards and are shooting above your level or you are going for the lower end and are a bad person for that.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,831,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the real key here is in the mirror
taking a hard look in that mirror and seeing the 4 or 5 that is there and not the 10 that u lie to yourself about and then go out trying to find another 10.
the affirmation game madness needs to stop. self examination and realistic truthful expectations about who is your equal match would improve our matchmaking greatly.
the something for nothing game has to come to an end b4 happiness can come in the door.
the secret to happiness, lower expectations.
That is the conventional wisdom but I mostly disagree. Everyone has different tastes in what they find attractive. Plus attraction involves chemistry that isn't always purely physical.

Where I most strongly disagree with you is the idea that lowered expectations is the secret to happiness. In my experience many of my happiest moments in life were when I exceeded expectations (this isn't exclusive to dating). Personally lowering expectations would make me feel more sadness than I have ever known. I would truly rather be single than be in a relationship with a woman I wasn't into at all.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 PM

947 posts, read 1,188,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I don't see it as going for "low hanging fruit." I just see it as being realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
There's some truth to this.
If you think small, you'll always be small. There no "leagues," fortune favors the bold.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,075,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
You got it down exactly the way that it is!
Thats why women here, their beds are never empty.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,332,026 times
Doesn't the fruit on the bottom of the tree taste just as good as the fruit on the top of the tree?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Doesn't the fruit on the bottom of the tree taste just as good as the fruit on the top of the tree?
I have heard that the fruit that gets more sun is sweeter than the fruit that gets less sun but I am not sure if that is true or not.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 AM

650 posts, read 702,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
That is the conventional wisdom but I mostly disagree. Everyone has different tastes in what they find attractive. Plus attraction involves chemistry that isn't always purely physical.

Where I most strongly disagree with you is the idea that lowered expectations is the secret to happiness. In my experience many of my happiest moments in life were when I exceeded expectations (this isn't exclusive to dating). Personally lowering expectations would make me feel more sadness than I have ever known. I would truly rather be single than be in a relationship with a woman I wasn't into at all.
If you don't feel the attraction towards her then your little friend isn't going to grow up no matter whether she's a 1 or a 10.

Difference is that we guys let ourselves feel attraction towards the ones but even the minus one women in NY don't admit any attraction to men who are 1-3 although in their hearts, they know real well that they are attracted to plain looking men too.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:23 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,604,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Not really, the opposite is true. If I hit on Kate Upton, I'd almost expect to get rejected. If I hit on a woman who was a 5 and she turned me down, I'd think something was seriously wrong with me
That's pretty much what I was going to say. The winners know it's go big or go home. If they go home, they do resting assured they were trying to go big - not wasting time on anybody they didn't find spectacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships