Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,807,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
And yet you didn't address my point. You are thinking like a man...all your experiences that you have stated are about MEN being caught cheating on their girlfriends.

I'm telling you that with women, silence speaks louder than any words he could ever say to her or pissy fit he could have. If he has a fit, she has power over him and his emotions. If he casually walks away it will eat her up.
And might I add...forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,888,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Doubtful if she's getting her rocks off with some other guy. Heck, she may even feel good about getting caught so she can hook up with the friend with no more guilt or shame (if she even has any of those feelings to begin with).

Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,236,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
Thansk for the quick feedback.

He's a guy she used to work with and has since kept in touch with. The photos were of his privates.

I was half-tempted to take replace the pics of his with some of mine and leave it at that...
You know what? If you do that, don't make it of your privates. Make it of you smiling, holding a sign on which you've written, "Bet you didn't think I'd find out."

Just do that on the day you leave. Let her find them later.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,114,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Oh, yes...so true!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,017,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Okay, then as a man, I'll second that advice. There is NO POINT WHATSOEVER in making a scene. Just move on. And I know of a few women who would cooly walk away. You're trying to put people into a box, but the "one size fits all" approach simply does not work with human behavior.
While I use to believe this approach, I've discovered that when a man "cooly" handles this situation, it's usually a reflection of his manlihood in handling it, likely he just accepted the fact that his gf completely disrespected him, or he wasn't invested enough emotionally.

I wouldn't make a "scene" like a woman (come on "hell hath no fury, like a woman scorn", you know what I'm talking about), but as I was leaving I would definitely use some very choice words that women hate being called. There is no more appropriate moment to make her feel like the dirt hole she crawled out of then when she has just wholesale disrespected you by letting other guys bang her behind your back.

Respect yourself bro, like starting now, because you will be licking your wounds and trying to get your self esteem back after something like this. Trust me on this one.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Doubtful if she's getting her rocks off with some other guy. Heck, she may even feel good about getting caught so she can hook up with the friend with no more guilt or shame (if she even has any of those feelings to begin with).
Yes, but she won't ever truly know she's been caught. She has no idea he went through her computer or phone...

She will always wonder and question that, and she's not likely to ask him if that was the reason why.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:31 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,236,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
I wouldn't make a "scene" like a woman (come on "hell hath no fury, like a woman scorn", you know what I'm talking about), but as I was leaving I would definitely use some very choice words that women hate being called. There is no more appropriate moment to make her feel like the dirt hole she crawled out of then when she has just wholesale disrespected you by letting other guys bang her behind your back.
That's assuming she has a conscience. If she's got even the merest hint of sociopathy, she's going to say, "See? Talking to me like that is the reason I went looking elsewhere." And she'll believe it. Cheaters excel at rationalizing and lying to themselves.

Don't give her that ammo.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:31 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,888,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yes, but she won't ever truly know she's been caught. She has no idea he went through her computer or phone...

She will always wonder and question that, and she's not likely to ask him if that was the reason why.
She'd know. She'd be a dumbass/delusional not to. People don't leave LTR's with no explanation unless something like this is going on.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
But by doing that you have just handed over the power to her and you HAVE made yourself look weak.

There is no convincing you otherwise, but if I was in this situation I would NOT let that person know they hurt me in any way, shape or form. Let them sit and wonder if I ever really gave a **** for them if I could so easily walk away.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,047,404 times
Quote:
While I use to believe this approach, I've discovered that when a man "cooly" handles this situation, it's usually a reflection of his manlihood in handling it, likely he just accepted the fact that his gf completely disrespected him, or he wasn't invested enough emotionally.

Respect yourself bro, like starting now, because you will be licking your wounds and trying to get your self esteem back after something like this. Trust me on this one.
I have enough self respect to know when to cut my losses and move on. Sure I would WANT to leave behind a piece of my mind. But what difference would that make? We are talking about someone who has already shown you the ultimate sign of disrespect. Do you actually think that telling her ANYTHING is going to make a difference?

A better reflection of manliness is how well you maintain control through a painful and emotionally challenging situation. Boys get emotional, men get on with their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships