Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 40,357 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of the great feedback. It's going to be a major issue for her when this goes down as she's going to go from living in my house to living out of her car. Oh well...

The last thing I'm going to do is give her fuel to stoke any rebuttals she may have. All that is going to be said is "I found this, my fears were justified, adios."

Off to Home Depot to pick up some locks. When shes asks for a key to the new locksets she's going to be surprised by the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,114,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
You guys, really? What you just said is totally agreeable conduct in any other situation, but if you found out your husband was having an affair by finding pictures of it and you knew the relationship was completely over, would you still go for the silent treatment? come on, please.
Seriously, hell yes I would. ABSOLUTELY.

What good would yelling or calling him names do? I'd pack my stuff up along with the kids and walk right out the door and then only deal with him through a lawyer. No need to make myself look like a pathetic, whiny ass crying over his poor choices.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,017,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Again, I ask that, if she has already slumped low enough to reach a point of infidelity, what on earth makes you think that calling her a lowlife scumbag is going to have any discernible effect? Let me guess, if you could travel back in time and meet Adolf Hitler, you would have called him a jerk, right? On a smaller (and more realistic) scale, this is exactly what you are doing.
okay, you've gone over the top.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,787,572 times
Quote:
You guys, really? What you just said is totally agreeable conduct in any other situation, but if you found out your husband was having an affair by finding pictures of it and you knew the relationship was completely over, would you still go for the silent treatment? come on, please.
I know I would because I have done it before. At that point, when you know the relationship is over, it's not even worth the argument. There is nothing left to discuss. Like it's already been said she will just use that as justification that her cheating was the right thing to do.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,047,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
Thanks for all of the great feedback. It's going to be a major issue for her when this goes down as she's going to go from living in my house to living out of her car. Oh well...

The last thing I'm going to do is give her fuel to stoke any rebuttals she may have. All that is going to be said is "I found this, my fears were justified, adios."

Off to Home Depot to pick up some locks. When shes asks for a key to the new locksets she's going to be surprised by the answer.
Well, this complicates the "walk away without so much as a glance over your shoulder" approach. If it's her who is going to be moving, though, I would have her stuff packed and ready for removal. Perhaps even open a storage unit and have it out of your house so she doesn't have a chance to even get in. And good call on the locks.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,047,404 times
Quote:
okay, you've gone over the top.
It's an extreme example, as implied and noted in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE. The idea is very similar to what you do when you do what you do. She doesn't care. If she doesn't care enough about you to avoid infidelity, she doesn't care when you call her dirty names for it.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,236,332 times
Quote:
At this point in my life, I have the wisdom to be patient. Evilly, wickedly patient.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,695,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
It's an extreme example, as implied and noted in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE. The idea is very similar to what you do when you do what you do. She doesn't care. If she doesn't care enough about you to avoid infidelity, she doesn't care when you call her dirty names for it.
Well, apparently she stills cares enough about the relationship to not directly end it herself. Cheaters rationalize everything, she probably thinks its her right to cheat or doesn't view it as cheating since it's "just" pictures.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,114,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I know I would because I have done it before. At that point, when you know the relationship is over, it's not even worth the argument. There is nothing left to discuss. Like it's already been said she will just use that as justification that her cheating was the right thing to do.
Exactly. Because now YOU become the dumbass and she can blame you for it all (not you personally).

Quote:

Hmmm, be careful with this. I'm not sure what the legalities are but you may want to look into this. IF she was paying anything towards living there (utilities, rent to you, food for both of you..etc) she may be considered a "legal tenant" under the law...in which case you may not have legal ground to kick her out with no warning and change the locks.

You may want to get some legal advice on this issue.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,236,332 times
Quote:

You'd better check the eviction laws in your state, first. In mine, that's not legal. If the person has an established residence there and can prove it--mail, personal belongings there, etc.--you can't just change the locks and render the person homeless. You have to formally evict the person. I've been through it with a property I owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships