Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,125,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
She'd know. She'd be a dumbass/delusional not to. People don't leave LTR's with no explanation unless something like this is going on.
No, she wouldn't. She might wonder, she might assume but without confirmation from him she'd never really know if that was the reason. She'd question if he really loved her, if he found someone better, younger, prettier because surely she hid those pictures well enough. Surely he'd never look at her computer without her knowledge..etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,789,492 times
She would come home. My stuff would be gone. End of relationship. No discussion required.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,019,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm telling you that with women, silence speaks louder than any words he could ever say to her or pissy fit he could have. If he has a fit, she has power over him and his emotions. If he casually walks away it will eat her up.
lame.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
lame.
I imagine all the women you have cussed out were probably laughing their asses off afterwards, you just spoon fed them a reason they were better off without you. That's how I'd see it anyway.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,059,671 times
Quote:
lame.
Actually...it's entirely true. One of the most sure-fire ways I know that my wife is upset with me is when she won't say a word. That applies for every girlfriend I had before her, too.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I have enough self respect to know when to cut my losses and move on. Sure I would WANT to leave behind a piece of my mind. But what difference would that make? We are talking about someone who has already shown you the ultimate sign of disrespect. Do you actually think that telling her ANYTHING is going to make a difference?

A better reflection of manliness is how well you maintain control through a painful and emotionally challenging situation. Boys get emotional, men get on with their lives.
I didn't suggest going psycho on her, but making her feel like a low life scumbag is not unreasonable under the circumstances. And, yes, telling her that in the most crude manner is exactly what she needs to hear, and believe me will make a difference, even though many women on this forum will argue otherwise. No doubt it will be hurtful to her, but not as hurtful as OP feels.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,696,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You know what? If you do that, don't make it of your privates. Make it of you smiling, holding a sign on which you've written, "Bet you didn't think I'd find out."

Just do that on the day you leave. Let her find them later.
I like the way you think.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Actually...it's entirely true. One of the most sure-fire ways I know that my wife is upset with me is when she won't say a word. That applies for every girlfriend I had before her, too.
When I'm REALLY mad...that's exactly how my huband knows too. I usually leave the house because I don't even want to be around him.

Now, when we disagree/fight I'd rather he bicker back and forth with me. If he goes silent on me or walks away it drives me up the wall. He knows how to push my buttons.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,059,671 times
Quote:
I didn't suggest going psycho on her, but making her feel like a low life scumbag is not unreasonable under the circumstances. And, yes, telling her that in the most crude manner is exactly what she needs to hear, and believe me will make a difference, even though many women on this forum will argue otherwise. No doubt it will be hurtful to her, but not as hurtful as OP feels.
Again, I ask that, if she has already slumped low enough to reach a point of infidelity, what on earth makes you think that calling her a lowlife scumbag is going to have any discernible effect? Let me guess, if you could travel back in time and meet Adolf Hitler, you would have called him a jerk, right? On a smaller (and more realistic) scale, this is exactly what you are doing.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
When I'm REALLY mad...that's exactly how my huband knows too. I usually leave the house because I don't even want to be around him.

Now, when we disagree/fight I'd rather he bicker back and forth with me. If he goes silent on me or walks away it drives me up the wall. He knows how to push my buttons.
You guys, really? What you just said is totally agreeable conduct in any other situation, but if you found out your husband was having an affair by finding pictures of it and you knew the relationship was completely over, would you still go for the silent treatment? come on, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships