Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 01:06 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Oh and if you want to throw in some specific circumstances to counter the general rule, here's another one - there is a point after which the arousal can NOT be stopped, no matter what kind of de-stimulating stuff you try to use and no matter how well you are "versed" to keep control over your body. This generally doesn't happen due to "mental stimulation", although it can happen indeed... but it's way more usual with "physical" stuff.
I would certainly hope that someone saying "no" would be sufficient to "stop arousal".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 12:43 PM

43 posts, read 39,925 times
I'm pretty content jerking off. I don't need a girl for sex, so no.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,118,083 times
True, but then she should be completely cut off of all contact. Women who do that are a huge liability to men, any man that continues down that road gets what he deserves. Never spend time with a luke warm woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I would certainly hope that someone saying "no" would be sufficient to "stop arousal".

Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
It won't stop arousal, but it will stop sex. Arousal will then fade.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:40 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpeter View Post
I'm pretty content jerking off. I don't need a girl for sex, so no.
Eww.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:45 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
What if you were dating an amazing guy for a,year and then due to an accident it was determined that he could never have intercourse again, would you leave him?
No, but he'd need to have some other skills! Life without sexual gratification (other than yourself) is not something I'd put up with.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:34 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,794,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
No, but he'd need to have some other skills! Life without sexual gratification (other than yourself) is not something I'd put up with.
Assuming he could still make you orgasm and do other stuff but no intercourse.. I guess the question is whether one could live without intercourse and still be sexually fulfilled even though I know most women don't orgasm through intercourse. Well, I guess he could also use a strap on but it's not exactly the same thing but close enough I guess.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:55 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Assuming he could still make you orgasm and do other stuff but no intercourse.. I guess the question is whether one could live without intercourse and still be sexually fulfilled even though I know most women don't orgasm through intercourse. Well, I guess he could also use a strap on but it's not exactly the same thing but close enough I guess.
Yeah...intercourse is overrated...I think for some guys too - other things are just "easier"...ha

Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Yeas ago I had a situation like this, it was not good with her. I had to do it again with her to see if it was me. No it was not me.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I'm not going to contest other stuff you wrote because I don't want to enter complicated discussions on stuff I am personally not familiar with. I solely reply to dispel the common story about brain as "biggest" sexual organ. It might be bigger than "that specific body part" in terms of size and thoughts CAN seriously amplify or decrease the arousal, but let's not fool around - one isn't required to "think" or "imagine" stuff in order to get off in general and the other stimulation is far easier when done in "proper way".
A general rule is that the "main factor" is rather related to you-know-what. One may be extremely stimulated with sexual content to stimulate the brain and induce a "reaction", while the other person can simply be stimulated with sexual intercourse even while trying to use brain to think of diminish the arousal.

A real dollar question is left for you to answer for yourself: What do you think which stimulation will be stronger? Oh and if you want to throw in some specific circumstances to counter the general rule, here's another one - there is a point after which the arousal can NOT be stopped, no matter what kind of de-stimulating stuff you try to use and no matter how well you are "versed" to keep control over your body. This generally doesn't happen due to "mental stimulation", although it can happen indeed... but it's way more usual with "physical" stuff.

In short, regarding bold part - you are trying to switch the rare exception into a general rule.
This is why it's so much important to "better" one's "skills" not just the attentiveness. One can be all good and attentive but simply fail because of the "inability to deliver" and it'll generally expected to cause a serious rift in a relationship.
Actually for most women, imagination and the mind plays a large role in orgasm. You still need skills, but it' not like with a guy, that if it feels good it doesn't matter what's going on in our mind. To be sure, hormones play the biggest role, but with a guy, I could probably bring to orgasm even if he was mad at me or thinking of breaking up with me, while a woman would probably not get to that point under the same situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships