Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 03:40 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmommy22 View Post
Obviously, relationships should not be based 100% on sex. However, would you be able to stay with someone if their sex was not pleasing you. What if they only were able to provide you with good sex when they were drunk? If you were to break up with them would you tell them the reason that you no longer wanted to be with them was because their sex was not good?
If a guy isn't willing to do what a woman needs to get her "O", i.e. if he's a selfish lover, then he's pretty much made the decision himself, hasn't he? If that's not the issue, and the person is willing to adjust to their partner's preferences, it wouldn't be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM

545 posts, read 908,870 times
I would not be with someone if the sex wasn't good, which you can tell early on. BUT, if I was in a relationship where things were great and something unforeseen arose that would change intimacy I would not immediately jump ship. I would try to work on things first, then seek other options.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
Sex is like pizza - when it's good, it's really, really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good. ... Anonymous
Whoever coined that phrase has never had disgusting Chicago-style string cheese pizza or sex with my most recent ex.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmommy22 View Post
Obviously, relationships should not be based 100% on sex. However, would you be able to stay with someone if their sex was not pleasing you. What if they only were able to provide you with good sex when they were drunk? If you were to break up with them would you tell them the reason that you no longer wanted to be with them was because their sex was not good?
No. I don't want someone just for his genitals. I want a man who is special to me, someone I love. There is more than one way to be satisfied. It's all in the effort, and it's all about love.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Depends on whether they'd be content with a sexless relationship or being drunk every time we have sex as I see no point in having bad sex. Yes if I were to break up with them I'd tell them the reason was because the sex was not good unless they were drunk.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
completely depends on WHY the sex is bad, not THAT the sex is bad.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yes clearly it's not logical and makes no sense. just spur of the moment 'I feel this way today, maybe not tomorrow' nonsense far as I can tell.
What you described isn't love.

If I were to think of love, I'd think of a mother who no matter what their kid does, they accept them as they are unconditionally. It doesn't mean they agree with everything their kid does, it doesn't mean that they will approach their kid the same way. As the kid ages, they way they interact with the kid will change, if the kid makes mistakes, they have to approach them from another angle as well. But the love is still there.

What you're thinking of is infatuation. Love isn't blind to a person's flaws. It loves them despite it.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:44 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Love may be killed by a partner through things like abuse, cheating, or just plain lousy behavior. But I don't agree that it necessarily fades on its own. To me, love is a verb, even more than a feeling. It's the kindness, the giving, the respect, the sharing, the appreciation one has for another. I think of it as a garden: If it fades, it's because it's starving, and if it dies, it's because it was neglected.
So beautifully stated!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
I think you guys should wash your hands before you give each other a high five!
My, what quick wit you have!!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 638 times
I just broke up with my boyfriend due to lack and/or no sex for 3 months. Prior to, he would only have sex with me once a month, prior to, every 3 weeks and so on.. we had hot sex in the beginning almost everyday. Then he was always tired, or stressed due to off and on employment. He's also on Medical marijuana so he sleeps a lot. I told him my feelings of frustrations and doubts but he did not put any effort nor compromised. He said he's now asexual. I don't believe that is the case. Anyway, my sexual drive is so incompatible with his that I needed to move on and be happy. I felt like we were good friends with no Romance/Sex and I was providing a girlfriend's benefits not getting anything back. He's not talking to me and is upset. I need to move on and be with someone who has the same interests and compatibility. He will just be a friend and nothing more. We both deserve what is best for both of us- Happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships