Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 03:53 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
What if sex was devoid of intercourse but your partner still could make you O from outercourse, would you consider that bad sex? Or is intercourse a 100% requirement?
Ask Bill Clinton. According to his definition, it's not. But seriously, sex is what you and your partner are happy with. Not anyone here online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 03:56 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,792,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Would I break up with someone over it? Dwindling sex, bad sex, no sex? It would depend completely on how invested I was in the rest of the relationship.
Since you are used to amazing sex in the past if you were to settle for average or bad sex it will eventually catch up to you and you would be unsatisfied... I think once you are used to a 8 or 9 in terms of sex it's hard to suddenly switch to a 4 or 5 for the long term.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:03 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Since you are used to amazing sex in the past if you were to settle for average or bad sex it will eventually catch up to you and you would be unsatisfied... I think once you are used to a 8 or 9 in terms of sex it's hard to suddenly switch to a 4 or 5 for the long term.
Hmmm.....it depends.

Under the present circumstances, no, I'm free to get my needs met and because I went many years with them NOT being met, I'm going to do that. If that means being poly and having 4 relationships (at the moment it does) then fine.

But I look back, and while the sex with my ex-hubs was pretty dang good, and it was the best I'd had up until some of the ones after we broke up, it wasn't mind blowing. I'd say he was like a 7 or so on a 1-10 scale. What ruined it was the negative mental and emotional baggage, how he acted and all. And frankly he could have been many times better than he was in bed, and I still wouldn't have wanted him because of how he acted and treated me (and our kids.)

And yet, had his behavior not been so bad, he could have been a 4 or 5, he could have been actually BAD in bed, but if I actually enjoyed his company, felt like I had a good and supportive partner, if he'd been treating both of his sons well, if he'd been able to hold a job (as I have done)...had the many other problems not been there, I can take care of my sexual needs by myself.

But see, we have 2 kids and a house and a bunch of other accounts in common, it's incredibly hard for us to divorce and disentangle all of this right now, and I would have needed a MUCH more compelling reason to go through all this, and put the kids through all this, than "my lady parts are not happy." I'm just not that selfish.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:50 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,613,035 times
If sex was from the jump we wouldn't make it to relationship status.

If the sex went bad, it would mean there's other problems, I'd try to fix those problems. If that didn't help I'd leave.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:37 AM

11 posts, read 7,492 times
Neither a woman nor man should be bad in bed. I think people need to educate themselves on how to please the opposite sex. The saddest thing to me as a man is when a girl/woman tells me she either struggles to have orgasms or has never experienced an orgasm. I hear often how guys seem to just want to bang and go, hardly any foreplay, communication or interest in taking care of the woman's needs in the bedroom.

I cannot believe there are guys still like this tbh. I could never do that, i wouldn't feel like i had done my job properly. For a guy an orgasm is easy to achieve (for the most part!) but women find it harder, so they need arousal and time to get off which means taking time and familiarising oneself with her body. I feel embarrassed for the guys who care more about a notch on their bedpost rather than actually taking time to get to know the woman's sexual needs/wants/desires and helping her to achieve them. Because i have been studying the female anatomy and psyche for a long time, i now know i can, and aim to provide multiple orgasms when i am with a woman.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:50 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Good and Bad are relative to a person's experience. And the answer is yes.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:53 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
I say yes. There hae been a couple of partners in my life, where we just weren't on the same page, we just didn't connect well or relate well sexually and we couldn't seem to get on the same page....I'd try to gently show what I liked, and the person just couldn't alter what they "usually" did or some other issue or compatability, and in the end you just have to give up and let it go. But I was in a long term relationship years ago that ended up with a bad sex life, and not doing it again.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:56 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Stan was insinuating that other variables must be met in order for a wife to want sex, however, men don't care about other variables and just want sex no matter what. So in Stan's example women are using sex like a carrot on the end of a stick.
If you treat your partner like she deserves, just to have sex, my experience is that this doesn't necessarily create better sex, but does create a more intimate bond. However, I'm not sure that everyone with this motive gets it.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:36 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,918 times
If you're basing your relationship as it seems you are on the quality of sex primarily, then you have lost the proper definition of a relationship.

What about caring for you, respecting you, providing for you? you know the real things good partners do who cares about you?

Old 01-13-2016, 09:53 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,415,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If he sucks at it, I will help him. Lol
I told a woman I was involved with that she was lousy in bed. She went out that night to get a second opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships