Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 03:52 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Yes, I would and did leave a relationship because the sex was basically non-existent, vanilla when it did happen and not that great. I did not tell her
I was once told by a woman that women cannot be bad at sex because all they have to do is just sit there and allow a man to do this thing so they are passive participants... whereas men can most definitely be bad as they are the initiators of all the sexual moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I may break it off with someone who is unwilling to try or not care to "get better
what if the problem is due to ED? Would you break it off or would it depend on their attitude towards getting help with their ED?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 04:00 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I am not an female so ED wouldn't be affecting me, but hypothetically it would depend on my connection to them and how deep it goes elsewhere and how important the act of having sex is to me "in general"

Their are other ways to pleasure that do not require the "traditional methods" so unless I am dead set on having things just the one way, it wouldn't be too much of a concern for me.

I would also feel for him as well, I can't imagine ED is very fun for him to deal with either...I would say it would probably be worse in the disappointment department than anything I could be feeling with everything working still and an ability to capitalize on it whenever the mood hit me.

Sometimes it can't be helped through any means, it's just our genetics at play.
Other times it's a general lack of prolonged healthy living leading to problems in the present.

Both are not the same things so I would never treat them as they are. The variables involved in everything here are so wide that I couldn't begin to say yes or no definitely to the question of bad sex.

Last edited by rego00123; 01-15-2016 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 01-15-2016, 04:13 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I am not an female so ED wouldn't be affecting me, but hypothetically it would depend on my connection to them and how deep it goes elsewhere.

Their are other ways to pleasure that do not require the traditional methods

I would also feel for him as well, I can't imagine ED is very fun for him to deal with either...I would say it would probably be worse in the disappointment department than anything I could be feeling with everything working still
ED most definitely does NOT mean bad sex. As a woman who has been with men who had that issue to some degree or other...it doesn't. If a man's sexual game is based mostly on his size or endurance, he's really nothing special at all, in my opinion, if it's all about his D.

I mean I could just use a toy, yanno?

The only respect in which I find ED to be disappointing is that I want to get my partner to finish as well, and sometimes they just can't. And this makes me sad a bit. I enjoy being pleased, but want to please just as much...

Old 01-15-2016, 04:26 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmommy22 View Post
Obviously, relationships should not be based 100% on sex. However, would you be able to stay with someone if their sex was not pleasing you. What if they only were able to provide you with good sex when they were drunk? If you were to break up with them would you tell them the reason that you no longer wanted to be with them was because their sex was not good?
If it's because he just doesn't care to try or listen to me about how to get better, I'd leave.

If there is a physical or other issue preventing him from performing, I'd be far more understanding.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
ED most definitely does NOT mean bad sex.
However, most people consider intercourse as the definition of sex and many couples would not feel as close and connected with intercourse absent in the relationship even if other forms of sexual activity is present.

In addition, if a woman has connected with past partners through intercourse and it does not exist with a current partner, she may love him to the ends of the earth but she will always not feel as close as the other men in her past due to the physical closeness intercourse brings.

It's amazing how a couple can do all these other things but the relationship is not quite legit and the simple act of "entry" brings about a dynamic change to the relationship because you have officially "slept" with that person.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:23 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
At my age I definitely would if he couldn't get his act together. I'm too old to waste time on bad anything.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:31 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
However, most people consider intercourse as the definition of sex and many couples would not feel as close and connected with intercourse absent in the relationship even if other forms of sexual activity is present.

In addition, if a woman has connected with past partners through intercourse and it does not exist with a current partner, she may love him to the ends of the earth but she will always not feel as close as the other men in her past due to the physical closeness intercourse brings.

It's amazing how a couple can do all these other things but the relationship is not quite legit and the simple act of "entry" brings about a dynamic change to the relationship because you have officially "slept" with that person.
By that token, lesbians never really have sex, nor did Bill and Monica. And let's not forget the outraged "I'M thirty-seven??!" from Clerks.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
By that token, lesbians never really have sex, nor did Bill and Monica. And let's not forget the outraged "I'M thirty-seven??!" from Clerks.
this is not the same though... lesbians have a different definition of sex than heterosexual couples for obvious reasons. So the lack of intercourse for lesbians is expected and normal.

As far as Bill and Monica, well, he fooled around but did not have sex, I think most people would agree with this assessment. Fooling around does not create as much as a connection as intercourse but it's still not acceptable when married.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:09 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:

Based on my own experiences which involved everything but intercourse, I agree with you. I also have a friend who was doing everything but intercourse with her boyfriend up until recently, but he whined enough that she gave in although she says she's not enjoying it because it hurts. So now I don't personally know any other adults who haven't had intercourse besides myself.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Quote:
this is not the same though... lesbians have a different definition of sex than heterosexual couples for obvious reasons. So the lack of intercourse for lesbians is expected and normal.

As far as Bill and Monica, well, he fooled around but did not have sex, I think most people would agree with this assessment. Fooling around does not create as much as a connection as intercourse but it's still not acceptable when married.
No, Bill just used Monica as a cigar humidor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships