Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM

968 posts, read 1,138,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Needy much? Or just high maintenance?
If I like ya, I'll go out on date #2. If not, it's always a #1.

I don't date around for "fun".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 01:00 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
One month and six dates later and you still don't know? You would know after the first date or two with me. I move fast and don't jack around.
This is extremely not typical.
Most people are the other way around, take 2-3 months sometimes even.
OP, One month IMO is enough time to know if you want to be exclusive.
If you want exclusivity, then ask the guy.
Most women I have dated that wanted exclusivity brought it up.
In fact, a couple of women made it clear right before or right after intimacy that this wasn't 'just sex', and they wanted a relationship.

Really, it is up to the individual, and if it is what you want, then communicate it. ESP isn't learned in school.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
Seriously? This is the problem with dating. People are so impatient and if they don't get exactly what they want as soon as they want it then they give up and move along. First of all, 6 dates are not that many to decide you want to be someone's boyfriend or girlfriend. 6 dates is nothing...that's what? Maybe a few weeks of dating? If you haven't had the exclusive talk, then feel free to go on other dates, but to give up on someone you like because they haven't had the talk by only 6 dates. Geez. Second of all, people aren't mind readers. If you want to be official with this guy and you're so impatient you can't wait to see what happens naturally, then at least talk to him and communicate what your expectations are.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
In fact, a couple of women made it clear right before or right after intimacy that this wasn't 'just sex', and they wanted a relationship.

Really, it is up to the individual, and if it is what you want, then communicate it. ESP isn't learned in school.
I already know as soon as I see "her".

She's either my type or not.

She won't get ten trips to Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse....fix her car and who knows what else out of me to tell me to beat it.

Women always complain about men jerking them around.

Then they run when they find one who is sure of himself.

You can't win so it seems.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:

My parents were married after six months. They still are......

Sheesh, and some people can't even commit to BF/GF until after three months?

Unreal.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
My parents were married after six months. They still are......

Sheesh, and some people can't even commit to BF/GF until after three months?

Unreal.
Glad it worked out for your parents, but they're unusual. A lot of people like to take a couple months before they make things official. Nothing unreal about it. If a guy wanted to be official with me after only a couple dates I'd definitely be scared off.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
I already know as soon as I see "her".

She's either my type or not.

She won't get ten trips to Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse....fix her car and who knows what else out of me to tell me to beat it.

Women always complain about men jerking them around.

Then they run when they find one who is sure of himself.

You can't win so it seems.

I completely understand the bolded. Some people 'just want to have fun.'
It gets expensive, and then if 'fun' isn't what you are looking for, then you just wasted some time.

One thing I'm really figuring out is that it seems most people are not actually looking to pair up. They wan to sell it like they want a relationship, but when true commitment time comes, many people balk. And it could be for any of a million reasons. All these dating websites, all these people that claim they want a relationship. Part of them might, but most of the time, there has to he an AMAZING connection on some level to commit to someone.
My lesson: I kinda don't care anymore. My problem is that I'm not a good casual dater, so in order to not be used, I need to screen sooooo much better than I have in the past.
What does that mean for me? MANY, many, lonely nights, and many weekend nights alone. Back in my 20's with dozens of friends, it wasn't a big deal. But these days, most people my age are on their 1st, if not 2nd marriage.
And Im amazed at how reluctant/ busy people my age are that a new friendship is really hard to come by.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
[/b]

I completely understand the bolded. Some people 'just want to have fun.'
It gets expensive, and then if 'fun' isn't what you are looking for, then you just wasted some time.

One thing I'm really figuring out is that it seems most people are not actually looking to pair up. They wan to sell it like they want a relationship, but when true commitment time comes, many people balk. And it could be for any of a million reasons. All these dating websites, all these people that claim they want a relationship. Part of them might, but most of the time, there has to he an AMAZING connection on some level to commit to someone.
My lesson: I kinda don't care anymore. My problem is that I'm not a good casual dater, so in order to not be used, I need to screen sooooo much better than I have in the past.
What does that mean for me? MANY, many, lonely nights, and many weekend nights alone. Back in my 20's with dozens of friends, it wasn't a big deal. But these days, most people my age are on their 1st, if not 2nd marriage.
And Im amazed at how reluctant/ busy people my age are that a new friendship is really hard to come by.
I screen my ladies too. I want to be their husband....NOT "fun".

Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Glad it worked out for your parents, but they're unusual. A lot of people like to take a couple months before they make things official. Nothing unreal about it. If a guy wanted to be official with me after only a couple dates I'd definitely be scared off.
My BIL and my twin Sister didn't "date around" either. They are also still married and gave me three boys whom I love very much.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
My BIL and my twin Sister didn't "date around" either. They are also still married and gave me three boys whom I love very much.
Good for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships