Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal198 View Post
I give up then...moving on
Just like that? You didn't even try the ol' "where this relationship going" talK?

Really, it all depends how old you guys are, but even then some guys never learn how to close the deal. But you could bring it up by saying something like, "my friend wants to set me up with a blind date, but I wasn't sure what we have is exclusive. you ready for something like that or do you still want to date other people???"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I make it official at the first kiss. Excluding one night stands, you wouldn't kiss someone who you are not in a relationship with.
Yes. I would.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
No need to "move on", you are not committed to him so do what you like. Go out with other men if you wish. Or you could try what Dr.Clean suggested.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
OP, it depends on the girl. If we click it could be quick. If we want to test the waters and see where it goes then maybe longer. Usually by the 1 month mark I'd make it official.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Quote:
I've been seeing this guy for a month now...like six dates. Just curious, usually how Long does it take for a man to ask a woman to be his girlfriend? I'm starting to get impatient and look elsewhere but I really like this guy and think we'd be good together. Is he not as interested as he seems? And no we haven't slept together lol.
WOW...

A whole six dates and he knows all about you, huh? Been seeing him for a month, now... What are you, 90 and looking at another 6 months to live that you're in such a hurry?

You really like this guy?
You think you'd be good together?
But, he's not worth waiting on?

I dated a girl that moved on after 3 months... Because I was "too slow". I didn't move the relationship along fast enough for her. The next guy moved faster. In a month, she was pregnant. After the baby was born, she learned something new about him. He went to prison for beating her up, and she spent 3 weeks in the hospital. He sure did move the relationship along faster than I did, and then he almost killed her. And, when she tried to get back with me, I wasn't available anymore. I was engaged to another girl.

I know another girl that waited and waited on a guy. Even after she got to be his girlfriend, it was another 6 years before he talked about getting married. Today, years later, she'll tell you that it was all very well worth it. She'd do it all over again in a minute without hesitation.

You like the guy? He's worth it? Don't rush it.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Women crack me up with rushing men and the need for titles. I personally dont get it. It's much more rewarding to chill out, sit back and let them come to you. It also normally turns out better in the long run when a woman isn't constantly nagging about "next steps" bs etc.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
from my experience anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. i don't think a month/6 dates is long enough to give up. if he's gone on 6 dates with you he probably wants that but he's going to bring it up at a time when he thinks you'll feel the same.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Quote:
I've been seeing this guy for a month now...like six dates. Just curious, usually how Long does it take for a man to ask a woman to be his girlfriend? I'm starting to get impatient and look elsewhere but I really like this guy and think we'd be good together. Is he not as interested as he seems? And no we haven't slept together lol.
His actions should be telling you if he is interested in you, and not what artificial label he wants to place on your relationship. The only real "label" that has meaning is "married" since it has civil/legal/contractural connotations.

You will know if he is interested in you based on whether he is initiating contacts and dates, giving you things (flowers, gifts, treats, whatever), making time in his schedule to spend with you, etc, or whether he is ignoring you, making other plans all the time, giving excuses, etc.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 AM

968 posts, read 1,138,381 times
Quote:
One month and six dates later and you still don't know? You would know after the first date or two with me. I move fast and don't jack around.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Needy much? Or just high maintenance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships