Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM

46 posts, read 55,686 times

Advertisements

Well of course look at someone I find attractive I mean I am pretty sure ladies do this too if I am not mistaken correct me if I am wrong.

But you know its my choice not obligation to speak to every woman I find attractive I mean if I bought everything I saw nice at a store I would broke.

I mean is the idea of a guy seeing a pretty woman and going "oh she looks pretty" and going about his day doing some sort of scientific conundrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 PM

255 posts, read 373,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOmega View Post
Well of course look at someone I find attractive I mean I am pretty sure ladies do this too if I am not mistaken correct me if I am wrong.

But you know its my choice not obligation to speak to every woman I find attractive I mean if I bought everything I saw nice at a store I would broke.

I mean is the idea of a guy seeing a pretty woman and going "oh she looks pretty" and going about his day doing some sort of scientific conundrum.
its a combination of most men finding most women to be attractive, somehow, and the guys knowing its pointless to approach because most of the women who are alive in the 21th century already have a boyfriend/husband/FWB or are interested in someone.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn9 View Post
I'm always noticed men staring, but never approach is it because I look away and act aloof? I also noticed married men looking, but why do they want me look at them and smile and they think they still have it going on. One time this guy was looking at me and I looked up at him and then he turned away quickly like he was embarrassed because he was looking. Do some men don't like getting caught staring?
Probably because men who approach random women often get cursed out, slapped or maced.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Probably because men who approach random women often get cursed out, slapped or maced.
Poppycock. The great majority of women are polite to men who approach. The rare occasion I've seen a women get upset is due to the behavior of the man who approached her. He has usually called her a name or become pushy when she declined.

I can't tell you how many times I was called a *****, c-bomb, wh*re, etc because I said I wasn't interested. The aggression from men can be really scary sometimes.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Poppycock. The great majority of women are polite to men who approach. The rare occasion I've seen a women get upset is due to the behavior of the man who approached her. He has usually called her a name or become pushy when she declined.

I can't tell you how many times I was called a *****, c-bomb, wh*re, etc because I said I wasn't interested. The aggression from men can be really scary sometimes.
I don't think men know what it's like to have some drunk guy almost twice your weight and height crowding you into the corner of the bar, or worse, the bus, and refusing to leave you alone.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I don't think men know what it's like to have some drunk guy almost twice your weight and height crowding you into the corner of the bar, or worse, the bus, and refusing to leave you alone.
Unless they've been to prison and had a run in with "The Girls."

Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Yes, we can really never know but it does happen in reverse. Some guys accept and take a woman who's buzzing from a few drinks because he's had a few himself. Granted, she's probably not gonna be twice his height or weight but her hands will find a way to his crotch. It`s called a package check with help from the drink. Brave ladies can package check completely cold and sober.

Girls with ample proportions tend to use their assets a little more, increasing with each drink they down. I have been seriously boob brushed, booty bumped, a$$ smacked, and package checked, even kissed out of the blue. Most times I didn`t mind because the ladies in question were my type of good looking. Some guys run away and the a$$holes get ignorant and violent.

I put myself into situations risking a beating to save a chick from the unwanted attention of a drunken fool. There are good guys in this world who will stare at the whole picture and step up to the plate in any situation if necessary.

There are women who are polite about rejecting a guy and there are women who are downright nasty about it. Some jerks are just relentless but I don`t always suggest a girl hit back at a guy who`s drunk. Always try to get away from him if you can or just ignore.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

I was joking. What kind of nitwit thinks it is okay to hit on random women in public?

Old 11-02-2013, 12:59 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn9 View Post
I'm always noticed men staring, but never approach is it because I look away and act aloof? I also noticed married men looking, but why do they want me look at them and smile and they think they still have it going on. One time this guy was looking at me and I looked up at him and then he turned away quickly like he was embarrassed because he was looking. Do some men don't like getting caught staring?
Maybe because many males like what they see but are too nervous and/or afraid to "follow up" on this?

Old 11-02-2013, 02:13 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
How did I miss this thread the first time around? Ok, let's break this down.
Not every man that is looking at a woman is looking to get her, hence no need to approach. There are some who appreciate beauty, have a significant other etc... as a prior post mentioned, many appreciate art, but we don't want to buy it nor pay to display / maintain it. It is just there in nature (and our nature- hard wiring) and we acknowledge it. Sort of akin to how many women like shiny objects such as jewelry, shoes, etc... and to a lesser extent looking at men. Perhaps this is changing somewhat by generations.

I am a kinesthetic beauty appreciator by nature, so one of my favorite past times, is walking the CBD at lunchtime and admiring the fairer sex. See, a pretty face or static beauty is nice - but admiring a real beauty (IMO) requires that fluid graceful movement and comportment / deportment. It comes in all shapes and sizes - which is also the inherent beauty of it.

Scenario 1: This Thursday at lunch I'm trekking around downtown on a stroll and I spy a gorgeous natural beauty: brunette, hair pulled back in some sort of clasp allowing the delicate neck and facial bone structure to show, 5'5-6ish 125-135 range, black business skirt with crew neck floral top well filled out with exquisite displacement and gentle sway and movement as she walks. She crosses street at same time in same direction but from opposite corner, then our paths cross on the opposite sidewalk (one of the best birddogging techniques to observe and absorb the kinesthetic aesthetic ).

I had already seen her from a distance and she had that ideal shapely fit profile (hourglass) you cannot hide in business attire. As we cross paths I smile at her but she is not looking around searching with her eyes (there's some construction barricade protection too on this sidewalk) at all - only straight ahead - and I got the sense this woman is very used to much visual gawking. I had no intent on saying anything or approaching her, but as always - for my mental note taking - observed ring on left ring finger which appeared to be wedding band.

Now the funny part, as she passed a mid 60s -ish black man who had been standing on the side walk as she crossed toward him and passed him by he looks at her, (keeps looking at her to check her out from behind) looks at me (notes me observing his eyes following her) then says, to me "aren't you going to look back at that?"

To which I responded, with a Cheshire cat like smile, "I already saw her from across the street a block ago". He let out a hilarious laugh that echoed and as I continued walking away from him I could still hear him laughing at my response 50 feet away! classic guy humor

Scenario 2: a few weeks prior on one of the last 'Indian summer' type days, I am at crosswalk waiting to cross with large group that had assembled. There is a nice 'girl next door blond', who I see every so often (she must work in the same building complex I do) on opposite side of street. I look, she looks, light changes (it's sort of like that scene in Butterfly Effect with Amy Smart's character near end of movie) as she approaches, she's looking at me with that sense of familiarity and a slight smile, but likely can not place from where she's seen me before, but we both have that facial expression of a slight 'don't I know you' as we cross paths about five feet apart in opposite direction in middle of crosswalk. This seems to happen more often the more I walk around during the summer months.

To some of the other comments about 'why men don't approach' here's a good clip that gets to the crux of the mindset under one scenario. From movie, To Gillian on her 37th Birthday, go to 56:20 through 59:08

To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships