Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Primarily looks, though they can be compensated for by money and status.
Yes it's true and people on here will try to deny it. How many ugly women have Derek jeter, Tom Brady, mark Sanchez, George cloony, jay-z have dated/married? And how many women would still want to date these dudes if they were average joe the bus driver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
IOW, a bitter post from a man who has none of these things and uses this as an excuse for his loneliness.

News for you: 99% of men don't have any "status." There aren't many Roger Federer's or Prince Williams in this world. 90% of men aren't rich either and not that many have great looks.

So that leaves at least 80% of men who have NONE of the supposed (and erroneous) atttributes you claim the entire female gender wants. Yet I see a helluva lot of average looking dudes with little money and zero status having a lot of success with hot women.

So much for your puerile "theory."
Lol, 80% of men do NOT get with "hot" women, not even most. Yes any man can get "a women", but is it the women he really wants?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yes it's true and people on here will try to deny it. How many ugly women have Derek jeter, Tom Brady, mark Sanchez, George cloony, jay-z have dated/married? And how many women would still want to date these dudes if they were average joe the bus driver?
It's not about ugly, mind you without makeup, many of these women might have nice bodies but very average faces. Besides, all the celebrities you listed here are with women of fame and money themselves so what was your point again?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's not about ugly, mind you without makeup, many of these women might have nice bodies but very average faces. Besides, all the celebrities you listed here are with women of fame and money themselves so what was your point again?
The point is if they didn't have money, women wouldn't be interested, that's the whole point of the thread! And that's just the women we know about, that doesn't count all the women they've hooked up with famous or not through out there careers. And not all the women they've dated have been famous.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
The point is if they didn't have money, women wouldn't be interested, that's the whole point of the thread! And that's just the women we know about, that doesn't count all the women they've hooked up with famous or not through out there careers. And not all the women they've dated have been famous.

It's human nature that likes usually attract likes. Think of when you go somewhere new, you meet tons of people, but the ones you usually end up becoming closer friends with are the people who are like you.

Dating is no different, good looking women are going to go to guys who are around as good looking as them. However if you can spark their interest, or make them interested in you.. you can get past the looks barrier. Money can work, status can work.. but any woman with a sense of self esteem isn't going to stay with a jerk for that reason. Attracting them by leading a positive goal oriented life can be good enough to attract the person you really like.

I think everyone on this board realizes that people can get an initial attraction due to all of the things listed in the OP.. but people refute it when people complain and say that's why they can't get women.. because they are all superficial when it's far from the truth.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:

Also, there are tons of divorces with people in the celebrity/mega-rich class for a reason..

Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right, but they are not getting average women, they are getting supermodel type women. So yes, if your dating goal is to land a supermodel, you're probably screwed if you're not in that league, but if you are average and asking out average women, you shouldn't have a problem. The fact that most of the population is average and most people still manage to get partners disputes your theory.
How is my theory disputed? I said those things aren't necessary to pull women but if you have those things the less work you have to put in and game you have to have. As evidence by the countless male celebrities who are just as lame as many men who say they can't get women on the Internet. Do you think Derek Jeter approaches girls like a normal guy? No they come to him and he takes his pick.

And the average man asking out the average girl many times works in theory, but not all the time for different reasons

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM

297 posts, read 502,412 times
Of course it's true. Primarily looks for both sexes. You will get way more people willing to talk to you on a dating website with a good picture. Why do you think catfishing even exists?

I should add though that this is regarding initial attraction.

Last edited by dogluvr2012; 04-17-2013 at 07:19 AM..

Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 AM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Nonsense. None of those things matter. You could have none of the things from this list and attract any woman you want.
I never thought I'd see the day I'd agree with Ascension, but I do, for the most part (just not the "any woman you want" comment lol). If you are running into that problem, you are seeking out/and or attracting the wrong kinds of girls (those who are shallow and materialistic). Yes, I do have to be attracted to a guy (who doesn't have to be attracted to the person they are interested in...you are lying if you say you don't), but looks are subjective. What I find attractive isn't necessarily going to be what my friends might find attractive. As for money and status? I could care less.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Looks, money, and status are not needed. Of course, some women will be attracted by those or some combination, and it certainly does not hurt to have any of those things. They simply are not necessary if you are a good man (good values, personality, attitude, and responsible) and not physically repulsive (and what's repulsive to some women may well be a turn-on for others).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships