Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalcol3 View Post
Something about you must be attracting, You're probably very metro-sexual. Metro-sexual men can easily be misunderstood as being gay. There has been times I thought a man was gay because of his confidence and style and boy was I so wrong. I can see how this can get frustrating, but just think of it as a compliment, if they look your way and give you that "I'm interested stare", just look away with that "I'm not interested look".

The OP is probably bi-curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks

Texas Hippie Coalition - Turn It Up (HD) - YouTube

Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
First off, how do you know these guys are absolutely gay? perhaps, they're checking out your outdated attire, messy hair, the person next to you? perhaps, you're a bit homophobic?

my advise, is to act the way you act if it was the ugliest women you've ever seen trying to hit on you.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 AM

38 posts, read 57,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
First off, how do you know these guys are absolutely gay? perhaps, they're checking out your outdated attire, messy hair, the person next to you? perhaps, you're a bit homophobic?

my advise, is to act the way you act if it was the ugliest women you've ever seen trying to hit on you.
This happens to me, too, and you know it for a fact when they tell you directly, tell a coworker or friend (who then tells you), or something more direct like touch you. I take it for what it is, and to be honest, it can be very flattering because lots of gay men dress better than straight girls.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboundVA View Post
This happens to me, too, and you know it for a fact when they tell you directly, tell a coworker or friend (who then tells you), or something more direct like touch you. I take it for what it is, and to be honest, it can be very flattering because lots of gay men dress better than straight girls.

Well ask for his number then LOL

Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
I just visited the forum for the first time yesterday, so I have an excuse for a late reply.

Based on how this played out, I'm not sure the thread was meant as serious. However, it's interesting, and I can personally relate and also have some quasi-book knowledge to bring here.

I think any man who is reasonably attractive, young, well-groomed, well-dressed, and non-threatening-looking is likely to someday experience the unwanted attention in a place where gay male feel free to be themselves. It's disturbing in part because it can raise questions about perceptions. What if heterosexual men and women are also suspecting the guy of being gay?

Besides avoiding those situations - which doesn't differ much from telling an attractive woman not to go out alone at night - I think the thing is to look more macho. Right, smile less, maybe lift more weights, maybe scruffy facial hair (if open to that), avoid colorful clothing, scarves, clingy or shiny shirts, things like that (not necessarily "flaming" signs). Gay men might be just as physically attracted to macho men, but would be more afraid of hitting on them when sexuality is unknown. That change has worked for me.

Last edited by goodheathen; 06-27-2013 at 12:22 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Wear this T-Shirt?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Wear this T-Shirt?
I bet that over half of the guys who buy that shirt are extremely closeted gay guys.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I bet that over half of the guys who buy that shirt are extremely closeted gay guys.
If the OP wears that shirt in the NYC subway system, he will likely get beat up. I can't imagine anyone ever wearing that shirt - though I guess I have seen stranger things...

Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 PM
FBJ

Any straight guy who is approached by a gay guy and allows it is probably bi-curious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships