Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those women look scary, and the one on the left looks cross-eyed.
Women are so predictable.

Why don't you regulate on us by proving how much hotter you are than them? Post a pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,813,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those women look scary, and the one on the left looks cross-eyed.
Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's kids. But I'm in denial, so I can't comment. Hands are tied.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Women are so predictable.

Why don't you regulate on us by proving how much hotter you are than them? Post a pic.
You said no more pictures.

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
But I'm in denial, so I can't comment.
Sounds fine to me.

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
I bet they'd look better if they had a professional photo taken, and wore different clothes.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post

The most attractive people don't always make the most attractive kids. The combination of genes has to be just right.
They should wear more make up to boost up their attractiveness.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
They should wear more make up to boost up their attractiveness.
Well of course, make-up solves everything.

Seriously, they look fine. They just aren't as gorgeous as Demi Moore. Not by a long shot.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I don't really care to split hairs on the definition of "yuppie." Regardless of how you or I define the term, rest assured if you can afford to be a stay-at-home-mom and regularly fly internationally, no matter how much you have to scrimp and save to do so, there are people who view you as one. The point the poster was making was not so much about the specific term "yuppie," rather that there are socioeconomic classes who fly more often than others.
Even though I don't view myself as a Yuppie some people thought I was when I traveled away from my hometown. The Irony hurts. But I do agree that its a socioeconomic class that does much of the flying, but then again how can Airline industry make money off of a declining middle class, growing welfare class and a 1% of wealthy Jews, Wasps et al that run America? Airline industry should be in trouble by now! Most people I know can not afford to travel and have to work, work, work, and most men have to pay child support, and most women are single moms, both groups that have the time or money to travel unless its an emergency. Poor people often travel by bus or by car which is far more cheaper than by plane or rail. If poor people are flying, they are flying to visit family and have a place to stay and or permanently relocating to another region. Traveling for leisure these days is becoming to expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think when people travel, they try to look their best. Many people are on their way to business conventions, meeting up with new people, meeting a romantic interest, going home and wanting to show they've done well, etc., etc.
I don't know. I see to many young chicks wearing their college sweaters and spandex which shows some nice curves, and average Joe shmoes who wear polo shirts, cargo pants or Khakis. When I was transferring from a flight from Atlanta Hartsfield Airport to Austin, I ended up meeting a highly liberal cougar who was around age 50, she wanted me to visit Round Rock during my stay. I'm not sure if it was attire that impressed her or just the shier bordem of a delayed plane that made us talk. I was dressed average but not fully dressed my best to impress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Yuppies don't shop at whole paycheck? In what universe?

Yes they do! Also Yuppies like iphones Apple Products, bikeshare programs, dislike cars, love cupcakes, all have college degrees with 40k plus in tuition fees of debt. Well most Yuppies that is.

What I notice is that most people can not afford to fly, and as well as other factors that limit mobility such as working at a dead end job with limited fringe benefits, lets not forget that plenty of people have kids and parents most notably single moms these days have to attend to their children. Where I'm from people generally fly to Miami or Vegas for a weekend or head to the Jersery shore for the summer weekend days and that's it. Many locals in my area can not afford to fly. The only people that can afford to fly are business people, people who single and stable, and yes Yuppies which I know quite a few who blow their credit cards by going to Thailand adding more debt on themselves. SMH at Yuppies. Any way I will be traveling again in the next two months near Labor day weekend, probably flying back down to TX or maybe visiting the West Coast, and believe me I find women in the West, South and Southwest more physically attractive than women in the North East Corridor.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:28 PM

13,660 posts, read 9,727,106 times
Personally I think that the ladies in the photo in Post #67 are quite attractive. Most likely, the photo was taken with a wide-angle lens, which distorts the image, especially at the edges. This is why the two women at the edges look asymmetric, while the one in the middle does not.

But back to the topic at hand. The root cause of the difference in perception (that is, my astonishment at how attractive people are in airports, and some others' comparative lack of being impressed) is our reference points. I live in a poor town where there are more adult high-school dropouts than college graduates, and obesity (due to processed foods and sedentary lifestyle) is rampant. One hears of an obesity epidemic that is causing passengers to not fit into conventional airline seats. I've very rarely seen this. If anything, I'm surprised how few airline passengers spill over into the adjacent seats. With my broad shoulders, I'm the "obese" one, with arms dangling beyond my arm-rest. Then, when I return home from a flight, and drive to Wal-Mart for my regular grocery shopping session, I am rudely reacquainted with what's "normal" in my environs.

Speaking more broadly, and again at the risk of provoking irritation, I would opine that America's rural and small-town population is heavier than city-dwellers. That too might account for the difference in perception.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Then, when I return home from a flight, and drive to Wal-Mart for my regular grocery shopping session, I am rudely reacquainted with what's "normal" in my environs.
Do yourself a huge favor, and stay out of Wal-Mart. I'm sure there are alternatives in your area. It's not worth whatever small savings you think you're making by shopping there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships