Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:14 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,001,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
Oh you better believe if women get a "wink" from a hot hunk with a JOB that pays well they will be all over that!!!
There are guys online that are hot AND can pay their own cell phone bill? Golly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,612,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
get real, women use their inbox as a form of entertainment. they love scanning their box ful of winks and messages.
Um, no.

I used it to try and weed out interesting people to date, which was difficult and annoying and time-consuming when clogged up with a bunch of "Hey babe i no whut u need no whut i mean?" and "Hey. Whutz up. U look hot so hit me up" messages.

That's not hot. No matter who writes it.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:16 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,548,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not necessarily. I've received a few messages and 'winks' from 'hot hunks' and I just assume they think I'm desperate and will put out quickly, or they're doing it as a joke.

Maybe I'm just super realistic, but I can't help thinking 'Why would a guy with options choose me?' and move on.
yep, he's trolling (fishing) for tail. sometimes it is all about the booty call.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,899,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
There are guys online that are hot AND can pay their own cell phone bill? Golly.
I haven't gotten many responses from handsome men with decent jobs (as in professional). Instead it's mostly unattractive, obese men with no money and usually either unemployed or underemployed. One attractive professional did contact me but he apparently did so to see if he could get a free meal out of me.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,612,862 times
I got some decent responses among all the booty call chaff that had to be sorted through.

But my SO, he didn't message me...I messaged him.

Probably wouldn't have if he'd had a stupid, generic, uninspired profile, though.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,001,571 times
Yeah, when I was doing the OLD I found it worked a lot better when I messaged them.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:43 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,647 times
I always found it ironic when the women who complained that guys sent unimaginative messages were sending me messages saying "hi." Except for 1 woman, I've never received a message from a woman that showed any kind of effort. I had one that sent me a really good message and one who replied to my message with a great message. unfortunately both of them were very unattractive.

Advice to men: If you aren't attractive, don't waste your time online.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,378,991 times
What the heck ever. Women wink too. It is just a way of showing your interest without having to write something right that minute. If he responds, then he, too has shown interest and you can move on from there.

Women have to go through thousands of pages of men and there is no time to message every last one.

Your points are not being validated by me. Online dating is a 2 way street and whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Quit your complaining!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,204,454 times
I've never online dated, but the stories you guys tell from it are hilarious

Old 07-07-2013, 09:44 PM

543 posts, read 534,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Wrong.

...and if you only messaged those 5% of women, your response rate would be 100%!

The trick is to read the text of women's profiles carefully (don't just look at the pics) and only write to the ones who are actually looking for a guy like you.

With your new 100% reply rate, you probably have time to write one sentence about HER profile (not about you) and ask a question. It doesn't have to be a whole paragraph, even, as long as she can tell you actually read what she wrote.
What step is beyond ROFLMAO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships