Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,437 times

Advertisements

Its why prostitution is alive and well but it desperately needs to be legalized to drastically bring the costs down so that the average joe can indulge on a regular basis. With out the whole jail time risk for women you would see a lot more women doing it and it would bring violence down.

There is the disease risk but that's the risk of being a hooker or a john. Better to have a BJ every other day for $30 through out most of your 20's than being an angry 20 something involuntary virgin. The $30 is the hard part to find now with a woman who is at least a 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Wrong.

The trick is to read the text of women's profiles carefully (don't just look at the pics) and only write to the ones who are actually looking for a guy like you.
Disagree whole-heartedly. I HAVE read women's profile and went through a vetting process and had actually, at one time, contacted these women that I would think would be best suited for me as a great match. IE, values, hobbies, interests, all similar.

It'd get pretty excited on how uncannily similar on our vices/virtues/morals/beliefs, hobbies, etc were.

I'd STILL get no response nor at least "Thanks for the email, but I don't think it's a good match"

Funny, how I thought it was a good match, but she did not...she only looked at the pics and/or height and went "Nope" and moved onto the next email.

Chances are if we have EVER met in person, via through friends or house party, I'd get her digits.

Now, since women's profiles are sounding more and more generic with the, "Looking for partner in crime" and "Live, Life, Love" or "must love dogs' and endless cliche's I just treat it as a numbers game. A guy sitting a slot machine, hoping to get some winnings. It is indeed an numbers game.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,184,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
sorry, i'm not a believer in writing a short email that indicates i've read your profile just so you can "not respond". i read profiles before i wink, just like you read profiles before you decide to delete a wink.

i got it about the effort, but my profile usually indicates that i'm not "lazy" in that i have an outgoing and social lifestyle. Cmon, women can tell when a guy has social skills, even from an online profile.

stop making guys burn time and energy so that you can feel he has "made an effort" to make you feel special. if a guy is interested, he is interested. winking back takes just as much energy on your part as deleting. it's mean to ask a guy to step up and "make an effort", so that you can rejected him by not answering the door. At least when i approach women in person I know if she is interested or rejects me.

if you think a message saying "hey, i read your profile and noticed you like [insert whatever], me too! i think that's a good sign " makes any more difference than a wink, you are kidding yourself. Oh, you meant something else? like if i wrote 2-5 three sentences about your profile and what we have in common, then i still don't get a reply or even know you read it? why make a guy wait until he figures it out that you're never going to reply.

Guys should just reject the plea to "just send me an email showing you read my profile", or maybe there should be buttons for "winking cuz i read your profile" and "thanks for the wink, not interested". haha

How is that working out for you?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:21 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Online dating: the ultimate time waster.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its why prostitution is alive and well but it desperately needs to be legalized to drastically bring the costs down so that the average joe can indulge on a regular basis. With out the whole jail time risk for women you would see a lot more women doing it and it would bring violence down.
I will never understand this thinking. Why would a reasonably intelligent woman choose to get slobbered and pawed by some mutant for $25?

ETA: If someone is going to a dating site just to get laid, then they should not wonder about their lack of success. Most women want to DATE not be a hole or holes for someone to stick their junk in.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:26 AM

I will never understand the "picky" complaint. SHOULDN'T people be "picky" when choosing a partner? How is that bad?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:27 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I will never understand the "picky" complaint. SHOULDN'T people be "picky" when choosing a partner? How is that bad?
Some people think you should just take what you can get and settle for mediocrity.

I can't do that.

I can't even count how many times I've been called picky. Mutual attraction is one of the main things I look for. If it's not there, I'm not going to pursue anything. I've noticed a distinct pattern: Most people who have called me picky are the ones who have never been single that long or jump from relationship to relationship. However, it is getting to the point where I'm not hounded nearly as much as I used to be; but it still happens often. It's hard for a lot of people to believe that someone rarely clicks with anyone romantically.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Some people think you should take what you can get and settle for mediocrity.

WHY?? That's nuts.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Some people think you should take what you can get and settle for mediocrity.

I can't do that.
I agree with this. In some cases on this forum you'll hear some bitter people saying it, because evidently you can't do better, or aren't in a decent league, so be glad for whatever you get.

And some misuse the term, and really mean unrealistic -rather than picky. Where a person has built up an ideal partner in their head to the point they nitpick normal and decent people to death and reject everyone because they have this image that no real person could live up to.

But being picky is good. You should never settle -meaning take whatever just because it's available. But you should be realistic and understand that people will have flaws and quirks, thus willing to COMPROMISE, which IS NOT settling, because many confuse the 2.

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-24-2017 at 08:38 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,372 times
Okay, I'll be honest. I see more threads by men complaining that women don't answer than I see threads from women whining about cut and paste messages. I just ignored the cut and paste messages... like spam. It's not worth worrying about and it's not skin off my nose (or at least wasn't). Of course, I eventually ignored all incoming messages from men. I decided to be the "chooser" instead of letting men choose me. Worked out great for me because that's how I met my boyfriend.

Anyway, back to the subject. I am really surprised some men haven't figured out a way to send a lot of messages and still personalize them so they don't come across as cut and paste.

It's simple to me because I use this technique everyday at work because I have hundreds of emails to write and they have to seem personal, but maybe it just hasn't occurred to posters here.

Use a template.

Write an email, and leave things blank. After you read her profile, fill in the blanks and, voila! You have an efficient way of sending many messages that are more likely to grab her attention.

For example:

Subject: (something from her profile)

Body of message:

who you are
why you’re interested in her (put in something from her profile)
why she should be interested in you in return
and something to get her to respond (usually a question... a question about her profile is more likely to get a response).

The "who you are" and "why she should be interested in you" can almost be a cut and paste. Who you are and what you have to offer doesn't change for the most part (unless you are into naked nighttime sky diving and so is she... then you might want to add that to your "why she should be interested in you.")

Why you are interested in her can just be one or two sentences. Doesn't need to be much:

"I see you are a science fiction fan too! That's awesome! It's hard to meet fellow fans."

or

"I love your hiking pictures! And that's a cute dog too. I bet he loves going with you and exploring."

As for the something to get her to respond, using the two examples above:

"So as a fellow science fiction fan, I have to ask you. Trek or Star Wars? I also have to ask, have you seen the latest ___ movie?"

or

"So where did you get your dog and what's his name? Every dog owner I know has a funny story about their dog to share, what's yours?"

Anyway, just some ideas that might help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships