Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:03 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,895,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Which is just a way of saying that men will sleep with anything that moves, which would make men--say it with me--sluts.
in that case maybe the majority of men are whores/sluts, i guess only the ones who get lucky deserve the title!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,355,547 times
I'll make this ultra simple:

Being a s l u t: Easy
Sleeping with many beautiful women: Hard

Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 AM

410 posts, read 516,900 times
why aren't men as picky as women for better lovers in bed? i think men should want highly experiened lovers as well.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,355,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
why aren't men as picky as women for better lovers in bed? i think men should want highly experiened lovers as well.
You don't have to sleep with the college football team to be experienced.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,497,761 times
sex this and sex that...its the intent for doing so that separates the action.

you cant just blanket wash everything and everyone, just as you cant say: ive slept with hundreds of girls and because i had to REALLY work for it, its made me a better person then the females who have had it so "easy"

Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,895,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yeah, I guess the OPs theory is that ALL men are sluts, and only some women are. He hates men as much as he hates women.
I guess in theory...but I'm saying it's easier for the average woman to be a **** than a man, so probably less of an achievement? haha

Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM

29,804 posts, read 34,628,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
It might be because men in general always finish, no matter who their sexual partners are. It's like the only people you hear say things like "all sex is good sex. Even when it's bad, it's good" are guys. Plently of women wouldn't agree with that. There is bad sex. Women don't always have a good time, so if they're unsure of good sex, why bother?

The entire concept of sex as an accomplishment or challenge is completely foreign to me.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,242,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
It's often said that, it's a double standard that women who are promiscuous are labelled whores, sluts.etc, while men who are are often praised and seen as more virile, popular.etc.

Praised and popular with a bunch of other dbs that I would avoid like the bubonic plague.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:42 AM

36,883 posts, read 31,162,679 times
Quote:
It's often said that, it's a double standard that women who are promiscuous are labelled whores, sluts.etc, while men who are are often praised and seen as more virile, popular.etc.

I mean in a sense it's true...and of course, before, I thought it was pretty bad. I don't really think anyone should be flinging around insults etc anyway, unless that person's behaviour is harming others, but then I got thinking, they're not really the same thing, in most cases...

Here's why...

For the majority of decent looking women, all they have to do is 'open the gates' and that's that.

For most men, however, it actually takes a little more effort...Mother nature/society has made it that men are supposed to be the pursuers so bedding 100 women is usually some kind of achievement. Maybe not the most noble kind, but an achievement nonetheless. Unless you've got great genetics, but even then...Wilt Chamberlin or Charlie Sheen did have to work to get where they were in order to be as popular to bed the thousands of women they did (which is way too many for me)...I know women who are overweight, unemployed, with terrible personalities who love sex and have a ready supply of men to screw them. Most men like that aren't getting any.

I know some will take offence, but I'm wondering if anyone agrees that while i actually agree it ISN'T FAIR that women are totally demeaned etc for being promiscuous or liking sex (maybe that's changing though) while men aren't, that we're not exactly comparing apples and apples here.

Ok look, these overweight, god awful women are not screwing the hot guys. You know who is, the overweight, unemployed, god awful guys. You know who the hot guys are screwing, yep, the hot women. And the mediocre women are screwing the mediocre men.

Every now and then there is a ripple in the universe and you will see a hot chick bang a fugly guy or a fugly chick band a hot guy.

Contrary to the male perspective on this forum the majority of decent looking women do not just open the gates to let anything in. They too put effort into finding a decent looking guy they are physically attracted to. Sometimes we even have to find some aspect of his character appealing before we want to "open the gate".

In my experience it is far more promiscuous men that are indiscriminate. Some will do it with anything willing that has an orifice and a heart beat. They just don't brag about those.

The fact that women are more particular about who they sleep with and thus pass over the unattractive guys does not mean she doesn't put forth any effort. Quiet the opposite. So yes, apples to apples.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:56 AM

36,883 posts, read 31,162,679 times
Quote:
I guess in theory...but I'm saying it's easier for the average woman to be a **** than a man, so probably less of an achievement? haha

Not if neither give a rats behind what they are having sex with. An average man could easily have sex. There are lots of women out there who are not getting any, old women, fat women, ugly women, stinky women, heck even transsexuals, bisexuals and homosexuals.

Average women have sex with average men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships