Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:56 AM

2,764 posts, read 2,243,930 times

Advertisements

It's funny, a man's value increases with the amount of women he sleeps with.

A woman's value decreases with the amount of men she sleeps with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,237,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
They too put effort into finding a decent looking guy they are physically attracted to. Sometimes we even have to find some aspect of his character appealing before we want to "open the gate".
I don't get this whole effort thing. I never put even a teeny effort into finding anyone. (Obviously thread after thread tells that I think this gate thing is the dumbest thing ever.) I just lived. Did things I thought were fun, interesting, whatever. I met other people who thought that they were fun, interesting or whatever. We talked and thought, hey YOU are fun, interesting or whatever. If it is a steamy vibe, you go out. If it is a steamy vibe and you make me laugh, we are good to go straight away. If it is not a steamy vibe, you hang out. Over time, you get to know the dude, and think wow the way he treated his Mom just there was really telling. Or did he REALLY just issue me a command like I was his servant... Or whatever leads down the road to thinking maybe the character is not there.

But I can tell you two things.

If a dude is trying to score on me, then go f yourself. You are a lousy lay, and I don't have time for you. Hot is not even in it.

When people go on about how to GET a woman/man or FIND a this or that woman/man I want to scream GO GET A LIFE AND LIVE IT, then maybe love can find you.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

yup, some men view women like used cars; the more miles, lower the Kelly blue book value.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,507,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Mother nature/society has made it that men are supposed to be the pursuers so bedding 100 women is usually some kind of achievement.
That's not true. CULTURE has created the expectation that men pursue. Primitive, natural societies are egalitarian, and women are as promiscuous as men.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,322,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

Women increase a mans value, while men...well you get the picture.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM

36,850 posts, read 31,130,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't get this whole effort thing. I never put even a teeny effort into finding anyone. (Obviously thread after thread tells that I think this gate thing is the dumbest thing ever.) I just lived. Did things I thought were fun, interesting, whatever. I met other people who thought that they were fun, interesting or whatever. We talked and thought, hey YOU are fun, interesting or whatever. If it is a steamy vibe, you go out. If it is a steamy vibe and you make me laugh, we are good to go straight away. If it is not a steamy vibe, you hang out. Over time, you get to know the dude, and think wow the way he treated his Mom just there was really telling. Or did he REALLY just issue me a command like I was his servant... Or whatever leads down the road to thinking maybe the character is not there.

But I can tell you two things.

If a dude is trying to score on me, then go f yourself. You are a lousy lay, and I don't have time for you. Hot is not even in it.

When people go on about how to GET a woman/man or FIND a this or that woman/man I want to scream GO GET A LIFE AND LIVE IT, then maybe love can find you.

I guess the effort is more in weeding out, for women anyway. You know because we have all these dudes lining up to get thru our gate.
Also, in rural areas just finding your appropriate demographic. Venues are sometimes limited. Other than that I don't see the effort.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,237,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess the effort is more in weeding out, for women anyway. You know because we have all these dudes lining up to get thru our gate.
I guess I can see why it takes so much effort on their part. Because that kind of guy never even got up the driveway, forget the gate. I will bet a dollar that they would have it easier if they chilled out and were human beings.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,355,222 times
Quote:
I guess I can see why it takes so much effort on their part. Because that kind of guy never even got up the driveway, forget the gate. I will bet a dollar that they would have it easier if they chilled out and were human beings.
Come on. We are speaking in generalities. For the guys that can get with a lot of good looking women, it's not that hard, we've perfected the craft. But for the average guy, it seems like its hard because they can't do it.

But a woman with mediocre looks (i.e. attractive enough to sleep with) can sleep with good looking / hot men MUCH easier than her average male counterpart.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I wish hot men were lined up in my driveway. I'm to old to go chasing them around, wasting my precious energy.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post

But a woman with mediocre looks (i.e. attractive enough to sleep with) can sleep with good looking / hot men MUCH easier than her average male counterpart.
LOL. I guess that depends on your geographic location. In some areas men can sleep with good looking / hot men MUCH easier than women can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships