Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,353,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. I guess that depends on your geographic location. In some areas men can sleep with good looking / hot men MUCH easier than women can.
You knew what I meant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 12:54 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,774,192 times
Not to go OT, but men do not start out hardwired when they are born with the desire to be studs, to sleep with as many women as possible, or to be promiscuous -- that is a socially and culturally-acquired attribute (based on traditional or conventional masculine norms), that is reinforced by society continuously since birth. Left unchecked, to their own devices, and if they are not already socially indoctrinated with the conventional masculine norms, a greater number of men might very well potentially opt for a more anti-stud, anti-promiscuous agenda. Instead, they might choose to focus more on the romantic quality of the women that they choose to bed, and thus possibly get more romantically attached, to fewer women overall, than they would if they were like Wilt Chamberlain or Charlie Sheen, in bedding countless and a near-infinite number of women.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 08-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Edits

Old 08-23-2013, 08:36 PM

543 posts, read 535,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't get this whole effort thing. I never put even a teeny effort into finding anyone. (Obviously thread after thread tells that I think this gate thing is the dumbest thing ever.) I just lived. Did things I thought were fun, interesting, whatever. I met other people who thought that they were fun, interesting or whatever. We talked and thought, hey YOU are fun, interesting or whatever. If it is a steamy vibe, you go out. If it is a steamy vibe and you make me laugh, we are good to go straight away. If it is not a steamy vibe, you hang out. Over time, you get to know the dude, and think wow the way he treated his Mom just there was really telling. Or did he REALLY just issue me a command like I was his servant... Or whatever leads down the road to thinking maybe the character is not there.

But I can tell you two things.

If a dude is trying to score on me, then go f yourself. You are a lousy lay, and I don't have time for you. Hot is not even in it.

When people go on about how to GET a woman/man or FIND a this or that woman/man I want to scream GO GET A LIFE AND LIVE IT, then maybe love can find you.
Lol. I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with you being a woman. You know who put all the effort in? The men approaching you.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,903 times
I believe in general average people have relationships with other average people, but an average woman is more likely than an average guy to have casual sex(ons, fwb, etc.) with a hotter person.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,618,295 times
sluts are shamed and studs are praised. male virgin is socially equated with a female ****. It has been so for thousands of years and no amount of feminist nonsensical hogwash doctrine is changing it. Ladies, be selective. Guys, get all you can. Both will be rewarded by the opposite sex.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,228,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
sluts are shamed and studs are praised. male virgin is socially equated with a female ****. It has been so for thousands of years and no amount of feminist nonsensical hogwash doctrine is changing it. Ladies, be selective. Guys, get all you can. Both will be rewarded by the opposite sex.

Absolute crap. ^^^^^

Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,259,357 times
Lol.

CD bleeped out your descriptions of the female.

This alone reveals the truth about the language you chose.

It's offensive, inappropriate, condemning of the women and positive toward the men.

DOES THAT TELL YOU ANYTHING OP?

Last edited by cindersslipper; 08-23-2013 at 11:16 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Absolute crap. ^^^^^
His first two points are absolutely not crap if you are referring to how the sexes are perceived today.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,848,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yet women are now encouraged to be promiscuous and slutty, and female virginity is also frowned upon.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,231,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It might be because men in general always finish, no matter who their sexual partners are. It's like the only people you hear say things like "all sex is good sex. Even when it's bad, it's good" are guys. Plently of women wouldn't agree with that. There is bad sex. Women don't always have a good time, so if they're unsure of good sex, why bother?

The entire concept of sex as an accomplishment or challenge is completely foreign to me.
Guys who see women no differently than a dirty sock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
It's funny, a man's value increases with the amount of women he sleeps with.

A woman's value decreases with the amount of men she sleeps with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
yup, some men view women like used cars; the more miles, lower the Kelly blue book value.
Who exactly is assigning value, tho? Are these people valuable themselves for their opinions to count in the first place? 2:1 they're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships